OL Ramblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    "Bottom Line NFL evaluators are very worried about Ogbuehi's core strength and ability to anchor in pass protection, but some of his anchor issues could be improved with technique work -- especially where his hands are concerned. He should be a plus run blocker, especially on stretch plays, but needs to add strength and work on technique if he is to reach his play potential. "

He's been in the NFL for two years now. Very rarely are you going to find a player have the light-bulb turn on in year three. Rather than do this MMA crap, he needs to go find Geno Atkins. Atkins bench presses something like 465 lbs. and does 495 high-bar squat. Ogbuehi is a bust guys.
    all that being said, he still has yet to participate in a full NFL off-season.....believe it or not, that's a big deal.

let's see how he does this year with a full off-season with the team under his belt, it could do wonders for him or maybe it does nothing at all......no reason not to give him a chance however.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• I agree and I do hope this is the case with the guy. He just comes off as full of excuses in his interviews though. The college game is evolving into more of a 7 on 7 game. Coaches have remarked that the bigger players want to play defensive line because it's engaging and more fun. It's difficult to now find players who want to play offensive line because it requires being cerebral and technique based without much recognition. And since the college game is more spread offense, there is less emphasis placed upon strength and tenacity that is required at the pro level.

Comment

• Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
        I agree and I do hope this is the case with the guy. He just comes off as full of excuses in his interviews though. The college game is evolving into more of a 7 on 7 game. Coaches have remarked that the bigger players want to play defensive line because it's engaging and more fun. It's difficult to now find players who want to play offensive line because it requires being cerebral and technique based without much recognition. And since the college game is more spread offense, there is less emphasis placed upon strength and tenacity that is required at the pro level.
        Then teams should spend more money to keep the good OL they are able to find..oh wait..
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          I have already given the Kraft bio before, so will not repeat the entire thing.

Simple enough to say: he bought the team at its best purchase point (Kiam was done and wanted no part of the looming terrors regarding a new stadium). He inherited--not hired--the best coach/staff around at the time, Parcells. Tuna gets them to a SB, but loses. Next draft, Kraft thinks he knows more than Tuna on draft picks, and forces his will. Tuna tells him to bugger off and goes to NYJ (with BB). Why the great and knowledgeable Mr. Kraft didn't see the greatness in BB then and just hire him, we do not know. So instead he hires Pete Carroll, who bombs. He finally TRADES for BB, who promptly tanks the following season. Then the stars align in 2001, with the discovery of that 6th round pick--who only plays because the franchise QB (who has taken them to a SB) gets murdered on the field.

When I think of great owners, who are part and parcel in the making of great franchises, I do not think of Robert Kraft. I would think of him as skilled in being the right place at the right time however.
          Kraft is no doubt a guy who has learned from earlier mistakes and has not been stubborn about his early approach. Unlike Mikey who had to have teeth pulled in order to hire a coach outside his comfort zone not to mention the 15 years it took to actually have a reasonable number of people in the personnel department. There is no comparison between the two. But if you wish, please compare Mikey to the Rooney's approach or to the of the Packers.

Comment

• Go to a New England revolution message board and tell them that they are lucky to have the great Robert Kraft as an owner . . . then duck and run for cover. He is Mike Brown part II. They always know when it is time for season ticket renewal. Kraft has the local papers print articles about their search for sites for their potential new stadium. There is no search for potential sites, they just want people to re-up their season tickets. This happens every year right around the same time.

He got lucky with Belichik and Brady.<------period
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

• The best owner was Eddie DeBartolo. He hired Bill Walsh and the right people, placed his support in the people he hired and signed checks. That's really what you do as an owner. You find the right people, allow them to do their job and generate success or progress. Until they change or demonstrate reasons to be fired, you just sit back and relax. The reason why the Cowboys didn't get more Super Bowls was because Jerry Jones resented all the credit Jimmy Johnson got for turning the team around when Jerry wasn't getting the press or credit. What an idiot, you hired the guy and made a smart decision. So then Jones runs his mouth and Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas. Just stupid. Kraft did get lucky, but he is smart enough to get out of the way instead of being an obstacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                all that being said, he still has yet to participate in a full NFL off-season.....believe it or not, that's a big deal.

let's see how he does this year with a full off-season with the team under his belt, it could do wonders for him or maybe it does nothing at all......no reason not to give him a chance however.
                that was my point earlier when i pointed out he should not just be handed the LT job like he was handed the RT job. no matter whether he gets it or not you are looking at the starting LT for the 1st 5-6 games no matter how good or bad he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  I don't know if you work out or not... but it does take maturity to show up each day to train hard... and a big problem with Cedric is his strength and feet. Both of which I just told you and you ignored. There is also pictures of him doing some tough core body exercises which will help immensely from getting pushed back by the bull rush due to bowing his back.
                  You might have me mixed up with BengalCP9. I didn't say anything about his maturity, only his confidence. And I didn't ignore anything you said because this is the first time we've interacted on this topic on this board. Feel free to start making sense any time now.

Comment

but in order to keep Sanu they would have had to have overpaid him pretty significantly.....something that was completely unnecessary to do for a 4th or 5th option at best within the offense.

they got Lafell for half the price and got the same production, getting a young stud in Boyd to play the slot was just a bonus....the two together was a win for the organization in this case.
                    Except Lafell replaced Marvin Jones and Boyd was drafted to replace Sanu. Lafell is a downgrade from Jones, Boyd we will have to see - although Atlanta used Sanu very well in the SB run last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                      Except Lafell replaced Marvin Jones and Boyd was drafted to replace Sanu.
                      meh, it's semantics, Sanu didn't just play the slot here.....but either way, what would have been the point in signing Sanu to some big money deal? it would have made no sense at all to do that.

I'm glad they didn't even make an attempt.....I'll take Boyd all day over Sanu.

Jones would have been nice but that was out of our hands.....LaFell wasn't a bad consolation at all though, as it turned out.

Comment

• at the end of the season I thought Lafell looked much better, once green was hurt. but not sure if was being no green so he focused more , they just used him better or he finally got comfortable in the system.

Comment

• I really don't care who the other WR is as long as he can beat single coverage when needed.
                          Only users lose drugs

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er-reshuffling

Andy Dalton, quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals: Take the worst Bengals offensive line of the Marvin Lewis era, then subtract its best two players. That's what Dalton will be playing behind following the departures of left tackle Andrew Whitworth and right guard Kevin Zeitler. Usually, Dalton could trust that the Bengals' front office, led by Lewis and director of player personnel Duke Tobin, would have homegrown picks in place to survive any free agency departures. But 2015 selections Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher had mixed results (at best) last season. Dalton was sacked 41 times in 2016, a number that could climb this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                              Dalton was sacked 41 times in 2016, a number that could climb this season.
                              and still had arguably the best year of his career......pretty remarkable when you consider he was missing Green and Eifert half the year as well.

Comment

and still had arguably the best year of his career......pretty remarkable when you consider he was missing Green and Eifert half the year as well.
                                And no running game to speak of. I am no fan of Dalton, but he is the last on the list of blame for last year's shit show. But the point is the OL will be worse this year - even if the replacements for Whit and Zeitler work well in the long run, the short run will be painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X