Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
      http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
      We should write a book on this comical front office about the thousands of EXCUSES on why they cannot build a winner. We would make millions. BTW, LT, I do not have the money to buy the team or I would have already. Like I said, I will just not be around as much, but this piece is a joke. They will not go out to get Free Agents because they are worried about their compensatory picks of losing FAs? This is getting beyond comical. The question should be for every fan on this site right now is why are all of these FAs abandoning ship from this team/organization? I thought the ones behind Mikey was that he does offer them money, but they just take more money so it is the players fault, right? Money, well, that is part of it, but if these guys would just tell the truth about Mike Brown and Mediocre Marv, then we would all be at ease with many things, but we all know this will never happen because it is the good ole boy network, that is why they all still have a job and they know the TRUTH would hurt everyone in the NFL. Loose lips sink ships! Continue on with the so called Free Agency Thread, LOL
      "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
        Letting the Broncos get Peko was the highlight of FA for me. At least this is one move I like and I'm laughing my ass off at how much the Broncos overpaid for a POS player.
        I am with you on this one too, I am glad the BUM is gone, blown off the ball all the time and dancing with the DLman. Good Riddance! He may be a good person as a human being, but he is getting paid to do a JOB. He may play better with Denver because they have better DL coaches and they expect more out of their players, but here, he was a BUM. We shall see what unfolds.
        "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

• Fat ass Smith is ... baaaaack!!!

Comment

We would take that because you can never have enough draft picks to lose to free agency.
            yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
              yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
              Sure, Groundhog Day. There are also good RBs in free agency then you don't have to waste a pick. Or they could have signed Burkhead and traded or cut Hill. Then you still have the draft pick. Ooh, that would be clever.

Comment

Sure, Groundhog Day.
                it is what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  it is what it is
                  Indeed, some just refuse to accept that. This team has zero chance of ever winning with the current owner. Accept that and the rest is just pure entertainment. Hobbs as the Mikey puppet; Marvin the clapping clown with his annual "we will be better" slogans. This year show has just started.

Comment

Indeed, some just refuse to accept that. This team has zero chance of ever winning with the current owner. Accept that and the rest is just pure entertainment. Hobbs as the Mikey puppet; Marvin the clapping clown with his annual "we will be better" slogans. This year show has just started.
                    oh I've accepted it, trust me

Comment

• Carlos Dunlap on Twitter :

"I don't see the plan but guess that's not my role to either"

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...Y6EwXqJqd1SiI/

Congrats to the team for continuing to lose the players a sell as the fans. Huge props. Might not quite be enough Koolaid for everyone , fans and now players!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                        Well that makes complete sense. Rex is just the type of player that the Pats plug in: unselfish, high energy, always gives 110 percent, always ready when called and very smart guy who learns quickly and makes few mistakes. He will have a great season over there.

Bengals will replace him with some lazy dumb ass who put up great combine numbers.

I don't post much anymore because the same ole, same ole Bengals just bore the hell out of me.

Comment

• '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
                          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                            '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
                            Yep. Same old losing mentality. After 25 years nothing's changed.
                            The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                              '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
                              The only difference we do actually draft better. But we pretty much coach the same and for sure we manage the roster as poorly as the 90's. We all know the common denominator.

Comment

• Dunlap's comments made it to PFT:

The Bengals have lost some of their top players in free agency, and at least one of the top players who remains isn’t sure what’s going on.

Pro Bowl defensive end Carlos Dunlap took to Twitter and said he doesn’t understand what the Bengals’ plan is in free agency, adding that the players don’t get a say in the matter.

“I don’t see the plan but guess that’s not my role to either,” Dunlap wrote.

Follow
                                Carlos Dunlap ✔ @Carlos_Dunlap
                                I don't see the plan but guess that's not my role to either.
                                5:32 PM - 14 Mar 2017 Miami, FL
                                554 554 Retweets 922 922 likes

Dunlap’s tweet came shortly after news broke that former Bengals running back Rex Burkhead had signed with the Patriots. The Bengals have also lost two top offensive linemen in Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler, and three players from their defensive front seven in Karlos Dansby, Margus Hunt and Domata Peko. The only player they’ve added is offensive tackle Andre Smith.

Dunlap is surely reflecting the thoughts of many Bengals fans in not seeing how a team is supposed to get better with moves like that in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X