Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
    Which is why it will be next to impossible to trade him. Other teams see the same thing. And if we did get an offer for a third day pick, then we'd just need to draft two more RBs instead of one. So we'd end up spending that pick on a RB... we might as well let him be a back up for a year and collect a comp pick for him when he walks in 2018.

I think the whispers you refer to are more like, if Fournette should drop to 9 and we draft him there, then we try to flip him for a pick. But I can't see Fournette getting past Carolina at 8, and maybe not past Jax at 4.

Comment

• One site mentioned the Andre Smith contract is for $4.5M per year. I would hope that would be all incentives included as he has only played two full seasons of eight.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
        CincyJungle is just recycling that from Bengals.com (that's pretty much all they do).

Nevertheless, it might be the most maddening thing about our front office to me. The fact that apparently third day draft choices a year removed is even remotely a factor in our decision making about FA's is utterly absurd. Maybe their improved drafting has just gone to their heads and they think they can get TJ Houshmandzadeh in the 7th round every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          One site mentioned the Andre Smith contract is for $4.5M per year. I would hope that would be all incentives included as he has only played two full seasons of eight.
          I see that Jim Owccarski tweeted that figure. That will make me positively nuts if true. Let's hope it is incentives. The vikings gave him 3.5 million on a one year deal last year and he was hurt all year. To think we'd give him a million dollar raise is crazy (especially when Hobson has been saying we only have 3 million left).

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
            We should write a book on this comical front office about the thousands of EXCUSES on why they cannot build a winner. We would make millions. BTW, LT, I do not have the money to buy the team or I would have already. Like I said, I will just not be around as much, but this piece is a joke. They will not go out to get Free Agents because they are worried about their compensatory picks of losing FAs? This is getting beyond comical. The question should be for every fan on this site right now is why are all of these FAs abandoning ship from this team/organization? I thought the ones behind Mikey was that he does offer them money, but they just take more money so it is the players fault, right? Money, well, that is part of it, but if these guys would just tell the truth about Mike Brown and Mediocre Marv, then we would all be at ease with many things, but we all know this will never happen because it is the good ole boy network, that is why they all still have a job and they know the TRUTH would hurt everyone in the NFL. Loose lips sink ships! Continue on with the so called Free Agency Thread, LOL
            It was nuts of whoever it was to advise you to buy the team. It's not about money. You can't buy what's not for sale. This is the Brown family's life. They don't need more money. They're not going to sell their life.

Comment

• I'll say this, if a guy visits Cincinnati and leaves without a contract to visit another team, he's almost 99% not going to sign with the Bengals. That means Robinson and Barwin are probably not going to. I don't know if Mangold has even visited the team.

Comment

• Barwin did sign with the Rams... seriously.

Comment

• Is Hobson going to start every column he writes pointing out that we won't sign UFAs if it interferes with the 2018 compensatory picks? It's maddening that that's the case in the first place, and maddening that he won't stop yammering on about it.

And Barwin is not a 3-4 end, he's a 3-4 OLB. Sometimes I think Hobs doesn't know jack about football.

And somehow Andre Smith got an inch shorter since he left Cincy. Hobson now calls him 6'3".

This is all on bengals.com. No, I'm not going to simply copy and paste it here because that's just foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                    '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.

Oh my Gawd!!!!! It appears that the "90's Era Syndrome" is highly contagious. The NFL.com website has the 2017 Bengals as the 24th team in their power rankings. Any guesses as to where that puts us in the AFC North?

Comment

• Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                      Oh my Gawd!!!!! It appears that the "90's Era Syndrome" is highly contagious. The NFL.com website has the 2017 Bengals as the 24th team in their power rankings. Any guesses as to where that puts us in the AFC North?
                      In all honesty folks, at this point can anyone see the team being higher than that? Two straight years of heavy FA losses, a lame duck coach, under spending on the cap, not cutting useless vets, not playing younger guys enough, decimated OL, the DC wanted to leave and dis-engaged players.
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                        It was nuts of whoever it was to advise you to buy the team. It's not about money. You can't buy what's not for sale. This is the Brown family's life. They don't need more money. They're not going to sell their life.
                        It was sarcasm, Duh! It was from LT saying for someone to buy the team so why didn't you comment to that person? I had a felling I was next. BTW, I could build a winner before MFB will ever do because he will never do it. You think he will? That is what you call a person that is Nuts! If the shoe fits, wear it!
                        "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

• So what are people's thoughts about bringing in Kaepernick as a back up QB for the right price? If they trade McCarron I'm not real confident in the third string guy.

Comment

You said it, Boss.

I remember (literally) running into him on Race Street several hours after a game a few years ago. He apologized for walking into me, and we ended up spending around 15 minutes just shooting the breeze and talking football. A very nice, real, man. You need guys like this on your team, and he will be missed.

Maybe he will be back in a few years, as our big FA signing in the 2019 off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              So what are people's thoughts about bringing in Kaepernick as a back up QB for the right price? If they trade McCarron I'm not real confident in the third string guy.
                              Who the hell has been talking about bringing that psycho in?
                              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Who the hell has been talking about bringing that psycho in?
                                He's said he will stand for the National Anthem for now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X