Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    So what are people's thoughts about bringing in Kaepernick as a back up QB for the right price? If they trade McCarron I'm not real confident in the third string guy.
    He sucks and I would never sign him. I want a Qb that can be coached.

Comment

So what are people's thoughts about bringing in Kaepernick as a back up QB for the right price? If they trade McCarron I'm not real confident in the third string guy.
      no and mainly because the fact we would have to change the playbook due to the fact he isnt the same skill set as Dalton. you dont make the other 10 players learn and practice 2 playbooks incase the starting qb goes down. rather have the time being spent on 1 set of plays lord knows they need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
        no and mainly because the fact we would have to change the playbook due to the fact he isnt the same skill set as Dalton. you dont make the other 10 players learn and practice 2 playbooks incase the starting qb goes down. rather have the time being spent on 1 set of plays lord knows they need it.
        Well the third string guy we have now is from San Fran is basically like Kaepernick. So... it's the same scenario.

Comment

• Bengals signing Kevin Minter, per ESPN

very nice signing.....and the end of Rey Maualuga

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18...inter-per-espn
          potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
          QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
          OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• unless they have Foster as the head and shoulders BPA, that probably takes LB off the board at 9.

new starting LB's...

Burfict WLB
            Minter MLB
            Vigil SLB

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
              very nice signing.....and the end of Rey Maualuga

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18...inter-per-espn
              Wow that helps and could also mean they won't have to pick Foster if someone else better is available at 9. To me with the LaFell signing and now the Minter signing... and letting Burkhead go, it really looks like Fournette if he's there.

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it is just a pathetic one year deal... so it doesn't mean anything other than a stop gap.

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it is just a pathetic one year deal... so it doesn't mean anything other than a stop gap.
                no it just means that they don't have to count on a rookie starter right away, which we all know is something that they loathe to do......with Minter here for a year a guy like McMillan at 41 would make a lot of sense as the long term MLB'er after Minter leaves.

to me this move all but guarantees that they're not taking a LB at #9.....gotta believe they're just looking for the top playmaker available on either side of the ball. (Fournette won't be there though)

Comment

to me this move all but guarantees that they're not taking a LB at #9.....gotta believe they're just looking for the top playmaker available on either side of the ball. (Fournette won't be there though)
                  Do you think it is possible the Bengals see Reddick as the best playmaker available at 9?
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Basically we exchanged Dansby for Minter ... for one time we are the smart team

Comment

Wow that helps and could also mean they won't have to pick Foster if someone else better is available at 9. To me with the LaFell signing and now the Minter signing... and letting Burkhead go, it really looks like Fournette if he's there.

I disagree, this is the type of signing we need to do more of. If he works out well can always try and sign him to another deal. If he allows younger guys to develop and pass him, he is gone after 1 year. They need to treat some of their draft picks like this - if they has signed a guy like Margus Hunt as a free agent we would never have kept him for 4 years. And if this signing means they cut Rey M, it is worth every penny.
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                        Do you think it is possible the Bengals see Reddick as the best playmaker available at 9?
                        nope

more than likely Howard, Williams, Cook or Ross.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                          I disagree, this is the type of signing we need to do more of. If he works out well can always try and sign him to another deal. If he allows younger guys to develop and pass him, he is gone after 1 year. They need to treat some of their draft picks like this - if they has signed a guy like Margus Hunt as a free agent we would never have kept him for 4 years. And if this signing means they cut Rey M, it is worth every penny.
                          agree 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                            Basically we exchanged Dansby for Minter ... for one time we are the smart team
                            not just that...Minter spells the end of Rey Maualuga in Cincinnati

Comment

no it just means that they don't have to count on a rookie starter right away, which we all know is something that they loathe to do......with Minter here for a year a guy like McMillan at 41 would make a lot of sense as the long term MLB'er after Minter leaves.
                              McMillan or (wht not?) ... Jarrad Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                                McMillan or (wht not?) ... Jarrad Davis
                                right, either one

Comment

Working...
                                X