No announcement yet.

Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalvin Cook overrated at a low value position, and I see McCaffrey as breaking less tackles and more ankles.
    Happy to see that both Foster and TJ Watt excel at getting to the QB, although Watt looks like a 3-4 OLB.
    Andre Smith is on a one year deal. There are 3-4 good OGs in round 2. Not a good OT draft.
    Hope to see the safeties go early and push other players down.
    Don't see Allen or Thomas lasting to #9 and can't see the Bengals passing if they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by puddycat View Post
      and I see McCaffrey as breaking less tackles and more ankles.
      honestly if they decided to shock everybody and take a guy like McCaffrey at 9 I'm not sure I'd be too upset about it, kid is easily one of the smoothest players I've ever seen and his feet are lightening quick.....I really believe he's gonna be an absolute match-up nightmare for DC's and a HUGE weapon for whoever drafts him.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Anyone consider the possibility we trade out of #9? I'd be perfectly fine with going all the way down into the 20s, get a #1 next year and draft Cam Robinson.
        Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• I'd take Nixon at 41 if there.
          Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
            Anyone consider the possibility we trade out of #9? I'd be perfectly fine with going all the way down into the 20s, get a #1 next year and draft Cam Robinson.

unless a QB gets into the top 8...and I'm far from convinced that one will...pick #8 seems to be the dividing line this year when it comes to separating the 5-star guys from the 4-star.....so unless one of the top 8 gets pushed down by a QB, trading back is probably the best possible move they could make.
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
              not just that...Minter spells the end of Rey Maualuga in Cincinnati
              Spicoli, you know the Bengals front office too well ... so don't bet on that

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                Anyone consider the possibility we trade out of #9? I'd be perfectly fine with going all the way down into the 20s, get a #1 next year and draft Cam Robinson.
                1st round between picks is only 10 minutes. Mikey had trouble making a move when it was 15 minutes. He always asks for too much
                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• You know this? How?
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• It has been mentioned on the draft broadcasts many times.

Comment

• Broad Brush Strokes for $100, Alex.
                      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Several years ago on one of the draft broadcasts they had a high level football guy on air, may have been Parcells, and the Bengal pick was coming up and the commentator asked if the Bengals would consider trading the pick. And the guy just started chuckling and went on to explain how difficult it is do a trade with Brown. To the point of most don't even bother. It was quite comical. Pretty sure it was Parcells because he was referencing being in the Cowboys war room.

Comment

• Got it.

Comment

• Wallace Gilberry is resigning.

Comment

• I like him but hope he gets cut. If the youth on the roster can't push a perennial backup off of the roster of an under performing D-line, we may be looking at some lean years on the D-line coming real soon.
                              Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Just an FYI on our 'cash strapped team":

When the Rams and Chargers moved, the other 31 owners pocketed nearly $21 million in relocation fees off each franchise. On Monday, Raiders owner Mark Davis became indebted about $11 million to each owner to swap Oakland for Las Vegas. Local revenue projections from new stadiums make such payments worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X