No announcement yet.

Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So? What part of salary cap vs financial balance sheets not being equal, is not understandable? Apple meet orange.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
      So? What part of salary cap vs financial balance sheets not being equal, is not understandable? Apple meet orange.
      For a franchise that EVERY year spends under the cap and yet takes monies from franchise moves and pockets them - it speaks to the owner's commitment to the balance sheet over winning.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        Just an FYI on our 'cash strapped team":

When the Rams and Chargers moved, the other 31 owners pocketed nearly $21 million in relocation fees off each franchise. On Monday, Raiders owner Mark Davis became indebted about $11 million to each owner to swap Oakland for Las Vegas. Local revenue projections from new stadiums make such payments worthwhile.
        So each owner received a little over 1 million each for Rams and Chargers and another 300,000 from Oakland. Each owner did not receive 53 mil.

Comment

For a franchise that EVERY year spends under the cap and yet takes monies from franchise moves and pockets them - it speaks to the owner's commitment to the balance sheet over winning.
          The fee is there to help curb teams from moving. Moves may cost other teams money if attendance is down from the moves. LA had low attendance when Rams were there before. To me LA isn't a football town anymore. Raiders left, Rams left and now Rams are back with Chargers. Who do you think fans will follow in LA. Chargers or Rams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
            The fee is there to help curb teams from moving. Moves may cost other teams money if attendance is down from the moves. LA had low attendance when Rams were there before. To me LA isn't a football town anymore. Raiders left, Rams left and now Rams are back with Chargers. Who do you think fans will follow in LA. Chargers or Rams?
            I would think most Chargers fans would remain loyal. LA is close enough to still go to a game once in awhile...it's about a 3-hour drive (17 hours with LA traffic). The Chargers have been a consistently better team over the last 10 years (though they've been pretty bad the last couple of years). Notwithstanding the SuperBowl seasons in St. Louis, the Rams have pretty much been the NFL equivalent of the Clippers. There was a Married...With Children episode back in the early '90s in which Al Bundy says "This is an important game for the Bears. They are playing the Rams this week and if you lose to the Rams, you get thrown out of the league."

Comment

• Now factor in Las Vegas a few years from now...and it draws even more of a division.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• According to Mike Brown, Adam Jones isn't getting cut anytime soon. Sorry I can't post the link to the article, but during his annual NFL media day, he said everyone makes a mistake and should be given a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                  According to Mike Brown, Adam Jones isn't getting cut anytime soon. Sorry I can't post the link to the article, but during his annual NFL media day, he said everyone makes a mistake and should be given a chance.
                  LOL..Jones has had like 10 chances, he is still an idiot. Unreal that we wont outright cut him.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

LOL..Jones has had like 10 chances, he is still an idiot. Unreal that we wont outright cut him.
                    Couldn't agree more. Not to mention he had a huge drop in performance last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                      According to Mike Brown, Adam Jones isn't getting cut anytime soon. Sorry I can't post the link to the article, but during his annual NFL media day, he said everyone makes a mistake and should be given 14 chances.
                      Fixed that.

Comment

• This gif made me think of life as a Bengals fan.
                        One of these is Marvin Lewis.
                        One of these is Mike Brown.
                        One of these is the fan.
                        Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Lol
                          Originally posted by pre_hungover View Post
                          this gif made me think of life as a bengals fan.
                          One of these is marvin lewis.
                          One of these is mike brown.
                          One of these is the fan.
                          Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• Bengals traded AJ McCarron to the Jets for their 2nd round pick this year and a 2nd round pick next year.

Comment

• Dion Jordan anyone? Miami cut him. We need pass rushers and since he is simply a free agent now, we won't have to deal with the dreaded threat to our compensatory picks next year. I'd take a flier on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                                Bengals traded AJ McCarron to the Jets for their 2nd round pick this year and a 2nd round pick next year.
                                April fools right?
                                "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X