Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    Whit figured if Marvin keeps signing he should just go after the money because he isn't getting the ring
    OR....If the Bengals offer 4 more million guaranteed, he likely stays......this was all about the $$ plain and simple, Rams have no shot at winning anything over the next two years.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
      stole this from a friend, I think he makes some excellent points...

Good points indeed but it also shows that a lot of the talent in those drfats were wasted on crappy coaching and overall crappy personnel management. Drafting well is just one piece of the winning puzzle.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

What happened to the ole mantra we draft and re-sign our own to become a winner? Yea, that is really working out well now isn't it. We re-sign a bum WR nobody wants and Dre I get burnt more than toast Kirkpatrick, oh joy! MFB knows how to build a Super Bowl winning team alright! Hey, at least we still have Mediocre Marv to right the ship for what, $5M? Lol so I guess we will go after FAs? Not! I guess we will find out if Whit and Z were part of the weak link on the OL, but having Alexander in charge, not going to happen. Pathetic!
        "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          Good points indeed but it also shows that a lot of the talent in those drfats were wasted on crappy coaching and overall crappy personnel management. Drafting well is just one piece of the winning puzzle.
          Pretty sure the point was when you draft well you can't sign everybody lol....It is what it is.

As for the rest of it....don't care about Mike Brown, won't talk about him...If he wants to run his team into the ground, more power to him....not my team, not my money, not my problem.

Comment

I completely understand Whit's decision. HUGE payday, and his last. If I was offered $1M / yr more than I'm currently making, to go to LA, I'm there! I don't mean when my current project ends and it's convenient for my employer. I mean tonight.

Also, if the Bengals almost matched that for a 35yr old, they're asinine. Same with Zeitler. I'd say at this point they're similar in their rankings among starters in the league. Z gets a bump for being younger / having a realistic chance of still performing at the end of this next contract. But no way he's worth THAT money, to Cincy. He'd be a fool to stay, and they'd be a fool to pay.

Agree - Dalton is doomed. Really the only hope for him is that we have so many weapons on the field that there's always someone talented available that threatens the defense / allows enough big plays to compensate for all the sacks and fumbles. Probably good we haven't traded AJ, as he's gonna get some snaps this year.
            ///M
            The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Pretty sure the point was when you draft well you can't sign everybody lol....It is what it is.

As for the rest of it....don't care about Mike Brown, won't talk about him...If he wants to run his team into the ground, more power to him....not my team, not my money, not my problem.
              I know what the point was - my point was 'if we drafted so well' why have we not won a playoff game?
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Karlos Dansby is leaving to go back to the Cardinals... that should tell you something about the atmosphere in the Bengals locker room and behind the scenes. Dansby pleaded to come here, saying the Bengals were poised for something great... however once he got here and saw what was REALLY going on, he's gone. Not a word out of him about it. That tells me that the Bengals behind the scenes are a joke like we fans think it is.

Comment

I know what the point was - my point was 'if we drafted so well' why have we not won a playoff game?
                  yeah like I said, I'm not gonna talk or argue about MB.....it is what it is.

Comment

they offered him $11mil...that means he took one extra mil to run off and play on a team that has no shot at winning anything while he's there under contract.
                    i hear 3 yr 36 mil contract with 16 mil guarenteed and 13mil this year , ( thats 5 million ) and i believe the bengals only offered a 1 year 11mil deal and we'll talk about 2018 next year per Hobs.

after last years 1 year 9 mil contract i cant blame him for not wanting to keep playing for 1 year deals for less money.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                      i hear 3 yr 36 mil contract with 16 mil guarenteed and 13mil this year , ( thats 5 million ) and i believe the bengals only offered a 1 year 11mil deal and we'll talk about 2018 next year per Hobs.

after last years 1 year 9 mil contract i cant blame him for not wanting to keep playing for 1 year deals for less money.
                      I don't blame him at all.....I wish him all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                        ( thats 5 million )
                        I had no idea what the details were at that time

Comment

oh that contract for Kirk is the end of Pacman for sure....it might not happen until June 1st cuts, but he's a goner.

probably kiss Rey M goodbye on June 1st as well because I guarantee they're going to be drafting a LB in the first 2 rounds.
                          A few days ago I would've agreed, but now I'm not so sure. Up is down, down is up, nothing these idiots do makes any sense any more. I'm not even sure Maualuga gets cut at this point.

And no need to wait until June 1, by the way. You can cut anybody now and just designate it a june 1 cut. They changed that a few years ago so those guys could still compete in the job market.

Comment

I am not sure Whit is worth a 3 year deal, a lot of risk there due to age. But letting Zeitler as well will hurt badly.
                            Of course he's worth it. Not worth it to us but he is to the rams? I don't buy this foolishness that we need to pave the way for Cedric O. Too important of a position to trust to a guy who looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field. Besides, I'm guessing there's no guaranteed money in year three making it effectively a two year deal.

I totally understand not giving a guard 12 million, but LT is just crucial. Imagine a year with Ced O and Fish as our tackles. Put aside all the fluff pieces we're going to read about how hard they work, how seriously they take it, blah blah blah. And westerman or somebody at RG. Even if we sign Mangold, he's a player in decline too. I don't want to over react but I'm seeing a rough year ahead.

Comment

The Dre signing is good. He has improved. At least he doesn't have brain farts like Pacman seems to have where coverage is blown. We've got 3 young CBs who should help. I'm pissed at the completer mismanagement of the OL. Okay, if Z-man was a known goner, they should have done whatever to keep Whit. Offer 2 years at $12 mil per year-- all guaranteed with an option for a third at $10 mil based on incentives. Mike is cheap an not creative.
                              Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                                The Dre signing is good. He has improved. At least he doesn't have brain farts like Pacman seems to have where coverage is blown. We've got 3 young CBs who should help. I'm pissed at the completer mismanagement of the OL. Okay, if Z-man was a known goner, they should have done whatever to keep Whit. Offer 2 years at $12 mil per year-- all guaranteed with an option for a third at $10 mil based on incentives. Mike is cheap an not creative.
                                I agree completely. And something else I don't understand is our fascination with compensatory picks. Just today I was thinking well, maybe it won't be so bad if they rush out and sign Riley Reiff to nail down one tackle spot, and maybe throw in Mangold at C. But Reiff signs elsewhere and of course Hobson is right there to warn that we won't even considered unrestricted FAs because then we won't get a 5th round comp pick for Whit in 2018. Really? A day 3 pick a year removed is important enough to base decisions affecting *this year*? So we've got to settle for Winston as a back up, or at best somebody like DJ Fluker. Because we have a weird need to win the draft instead of football games. I bet the insistence on not signing UFA's comes from management and drives the coaches nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X