Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Since so much of a ST coach's "ratings" come off of The FG unit's production, last season makes Simmons look worse than he actually is. But overall, he has had the respect and accolades from his peers...as opposed to Internet experts and squawking head media types.

Also was perusing commentary by peers and fellow coaches around the league--you know, the guys who actually are the experienced professionals. You would be amazed at the praise for ML and his staff. I wouldn't expect the IE's--especially those with '90's Era Syndrome--to fathom it, but it's out there for view.
    Jeff Fisher gets accolades as well. The NFL fraternity always praises one another. The guy has lost 6 straight playoff games. Mikey seems comfortable with that, I am not.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
      Yeah....Darrin Simmons, whose units have cost us the playoffs in 2006, 2007, and this 2016.
      Kickers miss kicks. Bad snaps happen. Find somebody who can coach not to ever have that happen. Good luck in Fantasyland.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        Jeff Fisher gets accolades as well. The NFL fraternity always praises one another. The guy has lost 6 straight playoff games. Mikey seems comfortable with that, I am not.
        Apply for the job then. Buy the franchise.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Kickers miss kicks. Bad snaps happen. Find somebody who can coach not to ever have that happen. Good luck in Fantasyland.
          https://youtu.be/TJt2koUqhuU?list=PL...RFWpGkkM42I-ZT

Comment

Apply for the job then. Buy the franchise.
            You mean just like Mikey did? Perhaps I missed the news release where he actually made a fortune on his own and then bought an NFL franchise. The guy was HANDED an NFL team. He runs it like a family business not like an owner who has a deep desire to win a championship. This is clear and simple. He has done NOTHING to indicate he has a desire to win a championship. Remember some years back when he said they would look at high priced free agents if they were a player or two away? guess what, you were a player or two away, but now you are 5 away (again). He is all about making a nice comfortable profit while all the other franchise owners create more value for his family franchise. The only thing he has to do is field a moderately competitive team (but not every year) and the other owners do the rest. Katie is the only hope, if she actually thinks she can field a winning team and wants to then their is some hope for the future. But nothing will change until Mikey is dead or senile. I will wait that out and in the interim drink no koolaid.

Comment

• St Adam has missed his fair share too--ask Colts fans. What does this have to do with ST coaches?

Comment

You mean just like Mikey did? Perhaps I missed the news release where he actually made a fortune on his own and then bought an NFL franchise. The guy was HANDED an NFL team. He runs it like a family business not like an owner who has a deep desire to win a championship. This is clear and simple. He has done NOTHING to indicate he has a desire to win a championship. Remember some years back when he said they would look at high priced free agents if they were a player or two away? guess what, you were a player or two away, but now you are 5 away (again). He is all about making a nice comfortable profit while all the other franchise owners create more value for his family franchise. The only thing he has to do is field a moderately competitive team (but not every year) and the other owners do the rest. Katie is the only hope, if she actually thinks she can field a winning team and wants to then their is some hope for the future. But nothing will change until Mikey is dead or senile. I will wait that out and in the interim drink no koolaid.
                You said you were "not comfortable". Other than ranting and raving on Internet message boards, what can you do to alleviate your discomfort? As I said: rant/rave...apply for the job...or buy the franchise.

Comment

• Any updates on coming and goings?

Comment

Any updates on coming and goings?
                    Rumor is we will sign Andre Smith then immediately put him on IR for the season.

Comment

Rumor is we will sign Andre Smith then immediately put him on IR for the season.
                      That made me laugh out loud. Then it made me sad.

I wanted him out of here so badly a year ago. I was so sick of Andre coming out of his stance so slowly that he barely even touched speed rushers. Now, with the state of our line, I find I'm trying to talk myself into believing a reunion is a good. idea.

Comment

My guess is, he went from being coddled, "oh did you hurt your eat'in hand take 2 weeks off, to "Andre, get your fat ass moving you big tub of goo" up in Minnesota and decided he like mello Marv better...

Comment

• Rex Burkhead gone to the Pats

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Offici...khead-51773564

Comment

• No worries, our elite RB coach will coach up Hill and other scrubs

Comment

No worries, our elite RB coach will coach up Hill and other scrubs
                              I'm still not 100% sure that Hill will even be here, there's whispers out there that the Bengals have let it be known that he's available in trade if anybody wants him.

not sure what the right price would be but I've gotta believe if somebody came along and offered up a 3rd they'd probably jump on it.
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                                I'm still not 100% sure that Hill will even be here, there's whispers out there that the Bengals have let it be known that he's available in trade if anybody wants him.

not sure what the right price would be but I've gotta believe if somebody came along and offered up a 3rd they'd probably jump on it.
                                We would take that because you can never have enough draft picks to lose to free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X