Day 3 picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 3 picks

Day 3 picks I want to see assuming that these players are available.

Pick #119: George Kittle Iowa. Called an H-back instead of a TE because he's an inch short and 10 pounds light at 6-4 247. Maybe the best blocking TE in the class, he has improved his receiving stats every year. A former WR turned TE, he has great hands and ran a 4.52 at the combine. Needs to work on route running; most of his catches were on play action.

Pick 153: Zane Gonzalez K ASU. Great senior year. Tempe at 1000 ft. and dry air probably helps. Made 8/10 from 50+ and was perfect inside 50 (15/15) and 39/40 on extra points his senior year. Almost 90% of kickoffs reached end zone and 75% were touchbacks. Team needs to move kicker from liability/afterthought to weapon.

Pick 176: Chad Kelly. Talent is undeniable, but this QB has a 10 cent head. Salt him away as #3 QB playing the “away” team. He needs to learn to play within the system and keep his nose clean. After one year, the team will know whether to cut him loose or whether McCarron can be traded for something/anything before becoming a UFA one year later.

Pick 193 John Toth OC Kentucky Supposedly unathletic. Instead is consistent, strong, and smart. Played at RT as a freshman before becoming the starting center. Maybe a better OG than C due to long arms.

Pick 217 Hunter Dimmick DE Utah. Looks like Jane; plays like Tarzan. Barrel chested, short arms, thin calves, no neck. Inflexible limits ability to go around edge. Great read/react, plays smart, crazy strong: 38 reps at pro day after being snubbed by combine. Ran a 4.7 at 270. As a senior 53 tackles 19.5 TFL, 13.5 sacks, 8 passes defensed, all Pac 12.

Pick 227/252 Joe Mathis EDGE Washington. Immature player whose light didn't some on until late. Only 5 games before injury as a senior. Incredibly strong for his size, good bend around edge, but prefers bull rush. Disciplined and comfortable playing is space; can mirror RBs in the open field.

I like the Gonzalez and Dimmick picks!

Comment

Gonzalez may be gone by 153, though. The new extra point may see the good kickers go earlier than they normally would much like how the passing game is forcing quality RBs to slip into the 2nd or 3rd round. I want the Bengals to get him and I wouldn't be pissed if they took him at 119. Hell, if you can get a 10-15 year starter, I wouldn't mind trading up or using the third rounder on him.
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
      X