No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Draft Round One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you Spic, but, are you telling me they couldn't have trade down and got him in the KC spot or even waited until the second round. I am the biggest homer on this board - that was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
      Hobknob says the Bengals didn't get any calls while on the clock.
      doesn't matter if we got the same deal. Ross would have been available at that pick. Take what you can get if that is your pick

Comment

Not thrilled with this pick, but I get why they did it. I'm just glad they didn't take Reuben Foster.
        "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

I find it hard to believe the Bengals didn't get any calls about trades... trades are happening all around them, unless teams just don't want to deal with Mike Brown.

Comment

How about making a call?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
              ...and a good returner in Erickson.
              With the drafting of Ross, I'm thinking Erickson becomes strictly a returner, maybe play the Burkhead role of relieving Bernard for a few snaps once in awhile.
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Please humor me, 188 lbs had microfacture surgery. He is one trick pony, maybe. He is not going across the middle - ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                  With the drafting of Ross, I'm thinking Erickson becomes strictly a returner, maybe play the Burkhead role of relieving Bernard for a few snaps once in awhile.
                  Hard to believe that Cody Core is now pretty much the last WR on the roster given he actually started games last year.

Comment

Whats the over/under for Ross going on IR? I guess this means BPA is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                      Please humor me, 188 lbs had microfacture surgery. He is one trick pony, maybe. He is not going across the middle - ever.
                      Well he was healthy enough that he ran at the combine, and Marvin has been quoted as saying that he will be ready for the start of the season... I just fear he could be like Perriman has been for the Ravens, hurt all the time.

Comment

Okay, I actually love this pick. Classic go big or go home. If he makes it through training camp, it will be great fun to watch Andy try to overthrow him two or three times a game.
                        Bengal's Football - Welcome to pigskin purgatory!

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                          The first shocker happens on the second pick. Every mock draft just got shot to shit.

I have a feeling that John Lynch as a GM is going to be more like Ozzie Newsome and less like Matt Millen.
                          Agree.
                          "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Hard to believe that Cody Core is now pretty much the last WR on the roster given he actually started games last year.
                            Cody Core probably won't even sniff the field now that we have Ross. God I hate this pick, you can get speed later in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                              I hear you Spic, but, are you telling me they couldn't have trade down and got him in the KC spot or even waited until the second round. I am the biggest homer on this board - that was horrible.
                              Lap said they tried to trade out but got no takers so they took the kid they liked.

plus, I've had a feeling it was gonna be Ross for awhile now so I was prepared, lol..
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Yeah, but that was only due to injuries and he was AJs backup. Boyd stayed at the 3rd WR slot because he knew most/all of the inside routes and Core knew most/all of AJs routes. Basically he just went from 4th to 5th.
                                Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
                                X