2017 NFL Draft Round One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NFL Draft Round One

It is that time a year where we predict the future. And the first Bengals pick is?

I'm really scared that it's Ross ... but I hope so much that it's howard

Comment

Hooker! I want Hooker! Give me Hooker!
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Been a long time since the Bengals have been so wide open. There is really only a handful of guys that won't be there or potentially be a pick for the Bengals. Lattimore, Adams, Garrett, and the Qbs. Other than that, it could be anyone...

Comment

I just hope it is not a head scratcher.....

Comment

I'm leaning towards Howard. I'd be okay with Ross. Pass on Fournette. I think the Bengals would give Hill every opportunity to show he can be the guy they thought they were getting when they drafted him, which would cut down on Fournette's carries (not to mention splitting carries with Bernard). Unless they intend to use Fournette as the workhorse 25-30 carries/game type of guy, I'd pass on him at #9. I'm inclined to go offense in the first round just because we need another playmaker to overcome the likely weak offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
              I'm really scared that it's Ross ... but I hope so much that it's howard
              Agreed, Howard and Eifert in the 12 offensive package that we play 42.32% of the time. Get a healthy Giovanni Bernard in there and will we run or will we pass? Double-cover AJ and the seams are wide open for Eifert and Howard, LaFell has 1:1 and then Gio against a linebacker if you load up the box. Unload the box and we have running lanes. Howard is more high-impact than Ross.

Comment

Please God, make it Barnett (I figure Thomas and Allen will be gone). The ONLY way I want Ross is if we either a) trade down or b) trade AJM. So I'm pretty suree its gonna be Ross.

Comment

Cranjis McBasketball‏ @CJAnthonyCUI
                  Rapoport just said John Ross could slip late first to early second with injury concerns...

Chase Goodbread‏Verified @ChaseGoodbread
                  Sounding like Charles Harris will get a draft call before Derek Barnett.

Jordan Raanan‏ @JordanRaanan
                  Not sure NFL evaluators like DE Derek Barnett as much as the media and public. I've heard better reviews for Charles Harris #NFLDraft
                  potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                  QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                  OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                    Cranjis McBasketball‏ @CJAnthonyCUI
                    Rapoport just said John Ross could slip late first to early second with injury concerns...
                    Does he smoke? He could be Sean Brewer PT II. AS far as Barnett, the only knock I can imagine the Bengals having is his size. In all honesty, I'll be pretty happy with any DL/LB pick in the first.

Comment

My fear is it's yet one more DB, no matter how skilled. We've had 5 in the last 12 years and it's always so anticlimactic...I know it's a long, long, long-shot, but maybe Leonard Fournette will fall all the way to #9, or maybe Cincy will trade up to grab him. Now that's a draft pick with sizzle!

Comment

If the Bengals take another first round CB heads will explode all over Cincinnati.

Comment

run on D-ends?

Comment

WOW - they up a lot for the 2nd best QB in the ACC

Comment

I actually had Trubisky to the Bears at 3 so I'm not surprised they got him....what is surprising is what they gave up to move up one spot so they could pick him. #headscratcher
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Working...
                              X