Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Draft Day Three

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
    Brandon Wilson was a RB, S, and CB in college. He's an athletic freak. Guessing we'll use him at safety and special teams.
    poor mans Jabril Peppers!
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
      And your detached point would be that no higher picked player needs coaching?
      No... but show me examples of mid to lower round picks that he has "coached up" to be starters. There is a difference between being able to "coach up" top notch guys, and being able to "coach up" and mold a rough edge guy from the middle or late rounds that needs to be developed. Which is especially important to this discussion seeing as what round Dielman was drafted.

      Take your time finding guys to fit that list...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
        Just saw on ESPN, LA Chargers grabbed both Lamp and Feeney. That should be a solid interior line for years to come.
        I just can't get used to the name LA Chargers. Makes want to look for Sid Gillman, Paul Lowe, and Ron Mix.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
          No... but show me examples of mid to lower round picks that he has "coached up" to be starters. There is a difference between being able to "coach up" top notch guys, and being able to "coach up" and mold a rough edge guy from the middle or late rounds that needs to be developed. Which is especially important to this discussion seeing as what round Dielman was drafted.

          Take your time finding guys to fit that list...
          Talk to me when you have played or coached the game, otherwise your conclusions are non sequitur.
          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
            Talk to me when you have played or coached the game, otherwise your conclusions are non sequitur.
            I don't have to be a coach in order to create reality.

            If Alexander is such a great coach, he'd be able to develop late round guys into capable starters. Anyone can take First and Second Round picks and turn them into quality starters given enough opportunities...

            Please tell me you are smarter than that to make the last comment you just made... Using the appeal to authority fallacy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lewdog View Post

              If Alexander is such a great coach, he'd be able to develop late round guys into capable starters. Anyone can take First and Second Round picks and turn them into quality starters given enough opportunities...
              unless you know the percentages league wide for both sides of that, I don't really see how you can come to that conclusion.

              I know this, he's got a helluva reputation around the league....if he were to get fired at the end of the season, I doubt he'd have to wait very long to find work.
              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                I just can't get used to the name LA Chargers. Makes want to look for Sid Gillman, Paul Lowe, and Ron Mix.
                I did have to think"Don't type SD. Don't type SD."

                Browns just took Gonzalez
                Only users lose drugs

                Comment


                • Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  unless you know the percentages league wide for both sides of that, I don't really see how you can come to that conclusion.

                  I know this, he's got a helluva reputation around the league....if he were to get fired at the end of the season, I doubt he'd have to wait very long to find work.
                  Not sure why. Let's be honest, name the player's he's "developed." The Bengals haven't had a quality center since Braham left. He last played week 2 of 2006. How does a team go that long without filling such an important position? Or working their asses off to develop a guy?

                  Another thing I don't care for about Alexander. Willie Anderson pointed out that Cedric was getting beat because of poor footwork and offered to help him out. The Bengals turned him down... so either Alexander is teaching him poorly or wrong, or his ego is soooo big he isn't willing to let someone else help, which is a HUGE problem. How do you turn down help from one of the greatest tackles in your team's history? And why is Willie having to point out a problem, and offering to help with it, if Alexander taught Willie how to play tackle?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                    Talk to me when you have played or coached the game, otherwise your conclusions are non sequitur.
                    Here is an analogy for you, i work with many people that have been in my job for years and they still have no clue, well, they have somewhat of a clue, so i think this fits right in with Alexander here. I am sure you and others work with people like this or maybe even you are the one with no clue or have somewhat of a clue. lol Get the point?
                    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

                    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

                    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                      I like Harlow starting in about the 5th round. Thing about G/C at this point is roster space. We only keep about 5, and you have to figure Boling, Bodine, Johnson, Westerman take up 4. And that's if you count Smith as an OT. We need to draft somebody clearly better than Hopkins. So if we go that route i'd rather it be Isaac Asiata in the 4th. Could be the center of the future.

                      I also like J.J. Dielman from Utah.
                      Good call.
                      "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

                      "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                        Not sure why. Let's be honest, name the player's he's "developed."
                        but is it just him or do other coaches around the league do really well with the upper picks but are more hit and miss with the lower ones as well?
                        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                          but is it just him or do other coaches around the league do really well with the upper picks but are more hit and miss with the lower ones as well?
                          Just look around the league how many teams have offensive linemen that were fourth round or later, if not UDFA, and compare that to how many guys like that have been quality players for the Bengals under Alexander. Bodine was a 4th, I think Ghiacic was a 5th, TJ Johnson was a 7th... I mean seriously who has been a realible starter that Alexander has really had to develop?

                          Comment


                          • Final pick #251
                            Mason Schreck 6'4 1/2" - 253 lbs - 4.76 40 time
                            Blocking TE
                            Only users lose drugs

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              Willie was a first round pick, Levi was a first round pick, Rich Braham learned to play before Alexander, Steinbach was a second, and Whitworth was a second....
                              Braham started his playing career under Alexander in 1994.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                                Final pick #251
                                Mason Schreck 6'4 1/2" - 253 lbs - 4.76 40 time
                                Blocking TE
                                Probably try to convert him to FB...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X