2017 NFL Draft Day Three

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    Braham started his playing career under Alexander in 1994.
    Alexander was a TE coach in 1994.

Comment

• Chad Kelly got picked with the last pick of the draft... Now the Bengals can't even bring him in as an UDFA. F U" C K

Comment

• @CJAnthonyCUI: RT @PriscoCBS: Duke Tobin and Bengals are killing it
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• I heard the Browns are going to cut Brantley even though they drafted him at the top of the 6th. Gee, what ineptitude. BTW, who is our 3rd string QB? Do we even have one? Yeah, I know it is Driskel, but wow. Looks like we are going to keep McCarron and let him walk next year. Oh, wait. Does anyone know if the decision has been made regarding McCarron's rookie year? I heard that the Bengals claim his rookie year doesn't count as an accrued season b/c he was injured. I think some type of arbitration was pending. We might have McCarron for 2 more years.
          Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
            Just look around the league how many teams have offensive linemen that were fourth round or later, if not UDFA
            Ok, great, they've got mid round picks and udfa's starting, so do we....are their guys doing any better or are they just ordinary everyday starters like Bodine is?
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
              Wasted pick The WR corps is solid. If the Kicker is gone, I'm going to be pissed
              If Ross misses plays or not games, he can step right in and lift the lid off of the Defense. He can perform the sams function in place of Green when he misses plays/games.
              "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

• We Love you all baby Bengals and welcome home

Round 1, Pick 9 (9) John Ross WR 5'11" 188 Washington 6.1

Round 2, Pick 16 (48) (From Vikings) Joe Mixon RB 6'1" 226 Oklahoma 6.0

Round 3, Pick 9 (73) Jordan Willis OLB 6'4" 255 Kansas St. 5.8

Round 4, Pick 9 (116) Carl Lawson OLB 6'2" 261 Auburn 5.6

Round 4, Pick 22 (128) (From Vikings through Dolphins) Josh Malone WR 6'3" 208 Tennessee 5.2

Round 4, Pick 32 (138) (Compensatory Selection) Ryan Glasgow DT 6'3" 302 Michigan 5.4

Round 5, Pick 9 (153) Jake Elliott K 5'9" 167 Memphis 4.9

Round 5, Pick 33 (176) (Compensatory Selection) J.J. Dielman C 6'5" 309 Utah 5.0

Round 6, Pick 9 (193) Jordan Evans LB 6'2" 233 Oklahoma 5.4

Round 6, Pick 23 (207) (From Titans through Giants) Brandon Wilson RB 5'11" 200 Houston 5.3

Round 7, Pick 33 (251) (Compensatory Selection) Mason Schreck TE 6'5" 258 Buffalo --

Comment

• We Love you all baby Bengals and welcome home

Round 1, Pick 9 (9) John Ross WR 5'11" 188 Washington 6.1

Round 2, Pick 16 (48) (From Vikings) Joe Mixon RB 6'1" 226 Oklahoma 6.0

Round 3, Pick 9 (73) Jordan Willis OLB 6'4" 255 Kansas St. 5.8

Round 4, Pick 9 (116) Carl Lawson OLB 6'2" 261 Auburn 5.6

Round 4, Pick 22 (128) (From Vikings through Dolphins) Josh Malone WR 6'3" 208 Tennessee 5.2

Round 4, Pick 32 (138) (Compensatory Selection) Ryan Glasgow DT 6'3" 302 Michigan 5.4

Round 5, Pick 9 (153) Jake Elliott K 5'9" 167 Memphis 4.9

Round 5, Pick 33 (176) (Compensatory Selection) J.J. Dielman C 6'5" 309 Utah 5.0

Round 6, Pick 9 (193) Jordan Evans LB 6'2" 233 Oklahoma 5.4

Round 6, Pick 23 (207) (From Titans through Giants) Brandon Wilson RB 5'11" 200 Houston 5.3

Round 7, Pick 33 (251) (Compensatory Selection) Mason Schreck TE 6'5" 258 Buffalo --

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                    I get it...they are going to run an Arena League set: where they use 7 wides and only have 3 blockers. Brilliant!

(Cue Lima with "you defend every pick") lol
                    They tried that several times last year with a little success, though it was the 3 left, 4 middle, 3 right middle school package.

As I suspected based on how much time, scope,, effort and cost by the Bengals went into this draft, they came away with at least six picks I would rate as "A- to A+".
                    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 04-29-2017, 08:53 PM.
                    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                      Oh wait! What am I so worried about? I absolutely forgot about Mikey's favorite time of the football year, an owner's equivalent to a "yard sale", training camp cuts! Mikey will just go shopping for a few bargain basement offensive lineman who've been cut, and he'll solve all of our line needs.

That Mikey loves him some bargains!
                      There"s also June 1st Veterans cuts, and the CFL and Grade F Free Agents who never got calls (I know you"re joking, but there"s usually 2-3 quality Guards available there).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                        Alexander was a TE coach in 1994.
                        For Braham first year where he played 3 games. Braham played guard until 1999, then Alexander moved him to center.

List of 1st and 2nd round picks under Alexander.
                        Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Eric Stienbach, Andrew Whitworth, Andre Smith, and Kevin Zeitler. Then add Fisher and Ogbuehi.

Six players in 20 years plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                          Glasgow can play, for sure.....nice insurance in case Billings doesn't pan out for whatever reason.
                          He could play Guard, as his SPARQ and others suggest would be his best position.

Comment

• Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                            Wait, wait, wait!

I know what they're doing. They're going to convert all these defensive players to O linemen. What genius!
                            The Paul Alexander school of Lineman development. Andre Smith is an alum going back to school.

Comment

• Okay, maybe the braintrust knows more than us. What if Ced and Fisher have been in the books all off-season. That would make me feel better. They were high picks for a reason. My biggest concern is the turd who hikes the ball. The OL isn't total crap, but it is full of question marks. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with the answers. All I know now is that with Ross, Andy can release the ball a few nano-seconds earlier to prevent him from being human pinata.
                              Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                                but we are really without backup at LT ... who have right now ... Winston?

davemport was available right there under their nose
                                Boling should be the starting LT with Ogbuehi the backup, but they won"t do that. Boling is the backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X