Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCarron discussed to be traded to Browns

Per NFL.com
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Browns & #Bengals touched base regarding a potential trade for QB AJ McCarron. Doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten too far. Price is high.
    1:24 PM · Apr 28, 2017
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
      Price is high.
      as it should be....considering they're in our division I'm thinking they'd have to start with one of their first rd picks next year and at LEAST one of their picks tonight.

in other words, the likelihood of that happening is pretty much nil.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

They were talking second round picks from what I read.

Comment

Spicoli is right... trading within a division is unlikely because the risk has to be built into the price. The only way I can think to deal with that would be if it there was a 2018 #2 involved that escalated to a #1 of McCarron played X percentage of the snaps and the Browns qualify for the playoffs. In addition to one of their picks today. But that's still unlikely.

The "second round pick" talk was just the author of the article adding filler because that's all the Browns have to offer... not reporting on actual talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
            Spicoli is right... trading within a division is unlikely because the risk has to be built into the price. The only way I can think to deal with that would be if it there was a 2018 #2 involved that escalated to a #1 of McCarron played X percentage of the snaps and the Browns qualify for the playoffs. In addition to one of their picks today. But that's still unlikely.

The "second round pick" talk was just the author of the article adding filler because that's all the Browns have to offer... not reporting on actual talks.
            Showing my ignorance again,but, who thinks any of the QBs in this draft are better than AJ?

Comment

Well, the thing is the Browns are probably reluctant to trade with us for the same reason we are. They don't want to give us picks we turn into players we use to beat them. They'd rather convert those picks to draft selections.

As far as other teams go, they haven't worked directly with AJ so don't know what he can become. He's put something like 3 or 4 games of good NFL tape up, which doesn't prove anything. It might to bengals fans, and it might to Hue, but not to say the Forty Niners or Jets.

Comment

They just picked Deshon Kizer so I 'm guessing those talks are done.
                "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                  They just picked Deshon Kizer so I 'm guessing those talks are done.
                  it was all talk anyhow....Mike Brown was never gonna do anything that could have helped that team up there.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                    it was all talk anyhow....Mike Brown was never gonna do anything that could have helped that team up there.
                    There's a lot of truth to that.
                    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

And why would Hue Jackson let us fleece him again......

Comment

They helped Zimmer so why not the Browns? Oh if McCarron is so great then why is he not starting? Yea, I will leave this right here with all the Dalton fans and McCarron haters on here. Let the Excuses begin. He will be FA next year so what does it matter? He should demand a trade or walk if he really wants to play in the NFL. If he wants to stay, then he couldn't care less.

Comment

They helped Zimmer so why not the Browns?
                          Um because the Vikes don't even play in our conference, let alone our division.

and who said anything about hating McCarron?? I actually love having him here....great back up.

Comment

Um because the Vikes don't even play in our conference, let alone our division.

and who said anything about hating McCarron?? I actually love having him here....great back up.
                            I did not say you were a hater, they know who they are. To me, does he want to play in the NFL or not? I guess not.

Comment

I did not say you were a hater, they know who they are. To me, does he want to play in the NFL or not? I guess not.
                              back-up QB is a helluva gig

Comment

Working...
                              X