Grade the draft 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I've kept quiet about this, but from what I saw in the video, if she doesn't push him or smack him in the face, nothing happens. Maybe he hits another girl down the road, I don't know. But what I do know is that not one person on this planet should ever think that they can hit someone without getting hit back.

He didn't beat her, he hit her back.

Once.

This isn't a Greg Hardy situation or Lawrence Phillips beating a girl and dragging her down the stairs by her hair. The girl called him over to the table she was at, he waited for a few seconds, they talked, he was turning to leave and she pushed him. It looks like he spit on her(he claims he didn't spit, it was just a feint punch), then she spits in his face, hits him in the face and he decks her then walks out.

She's from a rich family and has a criminal record as a drug dealer who was drunk and high that night, as were all of her friends. Charges weren't pressed and he wasn't arrested for two weeks because they later found out that he was a top recruit to go to OU and would probably go to the NFL. Joe Mixon's lawyers released the video because her powerful family kept the video suppressed for two years. Why? Because the video didn't match her story of "he walked up and hit me out of the blue" and showed what I laid out in the paragraph above. She also claimed that a group of people outside in the parking lot called her gay friend a faggot and after Mixon came over he called her friend a faggot . . . none of the other witnesses claimed he said anything of the sort and none of the witnesses corroborated her story but the police still charged him based solely on her statement because of her powerful family.

Regrettable situation but the kid was 18, he hasn't done anything since . . . time to move on.
    This is pathetic. Men are bigger and stronger than women, so no, it's not okay to punch them if they slap or spit on you. You walk away. Like a man.

It's one thing to justify drafting Mixon, but whole different thing to justify what he did. And to make her the villain. And yes, that's what you're doing.

Mixon himself, in his apology press conference, said that he understood there was never a good reason to hit a woman. He stood up and took ownership of it, and didn't justify anything like you are here. He apologized profusely to his mother. Do us a favor, and show your mother what you just posted here.

It wasn't a "regrettable situation." Just say what he did was wrong (like he did), but that you vote for giving him a second chance. So do I. But stop justifying things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
      This is pathetic. Men are bigger and stronger than women, so no, it's not okay to punch them if they slap or spit on you. You walk away. Like a man.

It's one thing to justify drafting Mixon, but whole different thing to justify what he did. And to make her the villain. And yes, that's what you're doing.

Mixon himself, in his apology press conference, said that he understood there was never a good reason to hit a woman. He stood up and took ownership of it, and didn't justify anything like you are here. He apologized profusely to his mother. Do us a favor, and show your mother what you just posted here.

It wasn't a "regrettable situation." Just say what he did was wrong (like he did), but that you vote for giving him a second chance. So do I. But stop justifying things.
      Stop justifying things . . . like saying that men are bigger and stronger and should walk away if they get hit by a woman? What law states that?

And what else is he going to say? He wanted to put it behind him and move on(something that you appear to be incapable of). Taking the case to the media isn't going to put it behind him, it's going to drag it out.

And my Mom . . . LOL I already know what she would say "She should have never hit him". My Mom and Step-dad owned a bar from 72-76 in Covington and in '73 it became a biker bar, not by their choice, so my mom got into a lot of scraps and her stance was always the same. Man enough to throw a punch. Man enough to take one.

"But what I do know is that not one person on this planet should ever think that they can hit someone without getting hit back."

Who do you think taught me that? My Mom.

You're basing this on "You should never hit a girl" . . . I'm saying no one should hit anyone. So who's the one trying to justify her hitting him first? You are. You think more like a scared woman than my Mom.
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
        Spicoli, I'm sure this is well intended, but...
        Man lighten up....I was just sharing something I found to add a little perspective, I'm not trying to say he didn't deserve everything he's went through....after all that took place however, even the victim forgave him and wished him well....why can't you?
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

You don't hit a woman period. Especially an unarmed woman sitting in a chair at a restaurant, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
            You don't hit a woman period. Especially an unarmed woman sitting in a chair at a restaurant, period.
            So you haven't seen the video either.

Didn't you say that you're taking law courses? What's the law on hitting women? Or is it a law about hitting anyone?
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
              we are just a very thin and unproved two deep at OL with

1st stringers: ogbuehi - boling - bodine - smith - fisher
              2nd: hopkins-westermann-johnson-redmond-winston
              3rd: dielman

question: who is gonna to play in preseason without the risk to injuring our starters?
              Update
              3rd stringers: JJ Dielman (C Utah) - Kent Perkins (RG Texas) - Landon Lechler (RT, NDSU)

Comment

um, huh? she wasn't "sitting in a chair", she was up in his face pushing, slapping and calling him racial slurs....not saying she deserved to be knocked the #### out by any means but there has to be at least a little culpability there on her part.

my whole argument with this situation is the fact that one split second reaction by an 18 year old college kid to a bad situation 3 years ago should not define this young man's life....to a man, everyone associated with him has said that he has taken full responsibility for the situation and has been nothing but a positive influence not just on the team but in the community as well....how is that, plus all of the court sanctions, plus all of the fall out not enough? especially considering the victim has even said that he's been through enough and offered forgiveness.....at what point do people get over this shit and move on??

Comment

oh and one other thing...I am sick to ####ing death of hearing "well I was brought up to never lay a hand on a woman" .....well that's great, so was I, does that mean that Mixon was too though? how do we know that he didn't grow up watching mamma get slapped around by the old man on a daily basis? never assume that everyone was brought up the same way you were.....excuses? no .....mitigating circumstances? it certainly could be.

Comment

Didn't you say that you're taking law courses? What's the law on hitting women? Or is it a law about hitting anyone?
                    I don't hit anyone. Ive seen the video. His age and those circumstances barely mitigate anything. If a manhits me ill defend myself. Vigorously. If a man hits someone defenseless in my presence, same deal.
                    If a woman assaults me im going to walk away if possible. If that means you and your Mom think less of me I can live with that. For a trained athlete who is in great condition this is the standard of behavior. Im certainly NOT going to take behavioral cues from gang culture.
                    Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Were charges ever filed against the girl? Obviously we don't know exactly what took place before the video, but in the video she appears to attack him first?

Comment

If you are going to assault someone like this girl did (spitting, verbal and pushing), she should have realized that she could be hit back. I'm not condoning it, but it someone spit at me or pushed me, I'm going to defend myself. I don't care if it is a girl or a thug biker. That person is going to get shoved, punched, kicked or whatever. Most likely, I'm going to grab them by the scruff of their collar, throw them down to the ground, and then walk away. I'm not going to start a physical altercation, but by God I'm not going to sit there and take it.
                        Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

I've seen the video, and there is a difference between the law, and having morals. She was not a threat to him for her to deserve to be punched in the face hard enough to actually break bones. Do you understand how hard of a hit that is?

Comment

Ok, she wasn't SITTING at a table but she was bent over the table... and whatever she said or did was about 2 seconds before he laid his best punch on her. She pushed him and slapped his NECK not even his FACE! So quit talking this bullshit about him needing to defend himself. He simply could have just walked away. NOTHING in the video shows he was in any real danger.

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                              Were charges ever filed against the girl? Obviously we don't know exactly what took place before the video, but in the video she appears to attack him first?
                              I don't think that any of these guys understand that. I pointed out that she has a criminal record and everybody already looked past that but most of them can't look past self defense and no crime committed by an 18 yo. He did NOTHING illegal. There is no law against striking women. There is a law against hitting a person first, no law against hitting someone back.

Funny how Sladex says that he doesn't take behavioral cues from gang culture, but at the same time act as if his "standard of behavior" is a law. The kid did nothing illegal but oooooooh he broke a standard of behavior clause. Sounds like someone that grew up with a Dad in the home. Mixon did not have that luxury. His Mom raised 5 kids by herself. He had to learn a lot of "right and wrong" outside the house. He got a big dose of that at 18. EIGHTEEN.

Like I said before, time to move on.
                              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Ok, she wasn't SITTING at a table but she was bent over the table... and whatever she said or did was about 2 seconds before he laid his best punch on her. She pushed him and slapped his NECK not even his FACE! So quit talking this bullshit about him needing to defend himself. He simply could have just walked away. NOTHING in the video shows he was in any real danger.

Needing to defend himself? No. He did not NEED to defend himself.

Have his rights thrown out because it's a female that assaults him? Not just no, but Hell no. Good luck trying to prove that in a courtroom.

I think that they both learned something that night.
                                Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
                                X