D
    0.00%
    F
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

A-
    Only users lose drugs

Comment

Solid A for me.....injury concerns with Ross is the only keeping them from an A+ but I love that they had the balls to take a chance on a difference maker.

overall team speed and attitude just got one helluva jolt....and that's what was needed most overall IMO.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

I went with the A- because they didn't grab a Safety. Williams screws up a coverage and flips the field at least once per game.
        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
          I went with the A- because they didn't grab a Safety. Williams screws up a coverage and flips the field at least once per game.
          Wilson may be able to fill that position. Plus we have many CB's that could be moved to safety

Comment

Hopefully Fejedelem pushes Williams, although Wilson may have been drafted to replace him.

As much as I hate to say this, but Duke Tobin has been crushing the draft since he got here . . . some team going through a head coach/front office overhaul is going to lure him away and soon.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

1. Ross was a reach; Bengals take really good slot receiver with top 10 pick. Said they couldn't trade down; losers make excuses for failure. Grade C+
              2. Joe Mixon: Best RB in the draft. I must be only person who doesn't care about a one time incident 3 years ago. Grade A
              3. Jordan Willis: Lots of potential here. Quality citizen who could be long term solution at DE. Grade A-
              4. Lawson, Malone, Glasgow. Grade B. Good 1st & third, but Bengals need another non-starting receiver absolutely not at all. Are they looking to cut Erickson?
              5 -7. Credit for drafting a kicker, but every other pick doesn't look to even make the roster IMO. No grade.
              Other considerations: My top 4 positions of concern for this year are, in order: LT, RT, DE, and LG. Bengals did not address OL in any noticeable way. Lose a grade level. So the B+ grade goes to C+.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                Hopefully Fejedelem pushes Williams, although Wilson may have been drafted to replace him.
                I do think they really like that kid a lot so I wouldn't write it off..

Comment

They had some great picks like Willis and Lawson. I don't like Mixon's character but he was a great value pick on talent. Then there were some head scratchers but overall I'll give it a B, which is what I see in most places.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                    They had some great picks like Willis and Lawson.
                    Willis and Lawson together have the potential to be absolutely special and make this entire draft class special....great ability, great teammates, great leaders.

Comment

I would also like to add that I would have added a QB late in the draft instead of another backup TE. I was right along with Lewdog calling for Kelly. He could have been on the PUP list, maybe placed on IR to protect him, learn the playbook for a year then let him take the #2 spot while McCarron finds his suitors. We've seen lots of interest in McCarron. Do what the Packers/Holmgren/Wolf did behind Farve, draft and develop QBs. Brunell(5th round - '93), Hasselbeck(6th round '98) and Brooks(4th round '99) were traded off and Detmer(9th round - '92) left as a free agent which would earn compensation in today's NFL.

On April 21, 1995 the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars swung the first trade in franchise history. With the NFL draft looming, they dealt their third and fifth round selections to the Green Bay Packers for QB Mark Brunell.

Detmer found more playing time after signing a free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1996.

(Note: They had both Detmer and Brunell as #2 and #3 for two full seasons)

The Packers traded Aaron Brooks and tight end Lamont Hall to the Saints for linebacker K. D. Williams and the Saints' third round pick in the 2001 draft ahead of the 2000 season.

March 2, 2001 Matt Hasselbeck is acquired in a trade with the Green Bay Packers. To acquire Brett Favre’s backup, the Seahawks switch picks in the first round of that year’s NFL Draft(#9 & #10) with the Packers and also give up a third-round draft choice,#72.

They turned three late round QBs into three 3rd rounders and a 5th round pick. Now they didn't nail every QB pick but they stayed the course.

Mike Holmgren's/Ron Wolf's drafted QBs
                      '92 Detmer (9th) also traded for Favre
                      '93 Brunell (5th)
                      '95 Jay Barker (5th)
                      '96 Kyle Wacholz (7th)
                      '97 Ronnie McAda (7th)
                      '98 Hasselbeck (6th)
                      '99 Aaron Brooks (4th) Ron Wolf pick
                      ---Holmgren in Seattle 1999---
                      '99 Brock Huard (3rd)
                      '01 Josh Booty (6th) also traded for Hasselbeck
                      '02 Jeff Kelly (7th)
                      '03 Seneca Wallace (4th)
                      '05 David Greene (3rd)

11 of his first 14 seasons as a head coach, Holmgren drafted a QB but still had to trade for his two starters.

As a President of the Browns
                      '10 Colt McCoy (3rd)
                      '12 Brandon Weeden (1st)

Clearly he had lost the plot near the end but I still agree with his theory of drafting a QB almost every year. They are a valuable commodity and the Bengals should have snagged that Kelly kid, dammit. Take advantage of having your franchise QB in place. Use a late round pick to develop a QB and have insurance in case you need to play the backup. Trade him later for higher round draft pick and draft another late rounder to groom.
                      Only users lose drugs

Comment

"A" with a black cloud that won't quickly go away.
                        "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
                          "A" with a black cloud that won't quickly go away.
                          Nicely put. But the Bengals will always have the cloud so we might as embrace it. Thug life. Boys town. Bengals.

On a side note, what's up with the love for Cody Core on this forum? Is he the same guy who got a couple starts at the end of the season and showed he was way over his head? That one game they threw him about 20 passes and he caught 3 or something. Players develop but drafting WR makes a ton of sense or us, eh? Injuries happen we know.
                          2013 Whodey Keeper League Regular Season Champion
                          2013 Yahoo Whodey League Regular Season Champion

Comment

Originally posted by yang View Post
                            Nicely put. But the Bengals will always have the cloud so we might as embrace it. Thug life. Boys town. Bengals.

On a side note, what's up with the love for Cody Core on this forum?
                            It's not a love for Cody Core, it's that I don't see a lot of difference between Core and Malone. Why use a fourth round pick on a guy that isn't much of an upgrade over what you've already got and won't even be on the active roster unless someone gets hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                              It's not a love for Cody Core, it's that I don't see a lot of difference between Core and Malone. Why use a fourth round pick on a guy that isn't much of an upgrade over what you've already got and won't even be on the active roster unless someone gets hurt?
                              Core has also proven himself to be a worker and willing to do special teams, and he has a positive attitude and was able to handle playing second fiddle to Treadwell at Ole Miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X