No announcement yet.

Only 8 teams have worse 2018 Superbowl odds than Cincinnati

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lions, the other completely inept playoff team in the league have announced they will not put up any banners for just making the playoffs:

The Lions made the playoffs last season, but they won’t hang a banner at Ford Field to celebrate it. And they’ve jettisoned previous playoff appearance banners as well.

Banners celebrating the Lions’ playoff appearances have been taken down, via Justin Rogers of the Detroit News. The Lions made the playoffs as a wild card and lost in the first round of the postseason in 2014, 2011, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1994, 1982 and 1970.

The Lions are keeping up their division championship banners. The Lions won the NFL Western Division in 1935, the National Conference in 1952, the Western Conference in 1953, 1954 and 1957, and the NFC Central in 1983, 1991 and 1993.

And, of course, the Lions are keeping up their NFL championship banners from 1935, 1952, 1953 and 1957.

Lions President Rod Wood explained that he wanted to celebrate something bigger than just getting to the playoffs.

In other words, just getting there is meaningless.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

What does winning it all mean? Do you then become like Steeler fans for a year and act like you're royalty because 53 players that don't even know that you exist out performed other sets of 53 players that also don't know you exist?

Yeah, I want the Bengals to win it all, but if they don't, oh well. Just being relevant in November still makes me smile thinking of seasons past where by mid October we were often starting to look at potential draft picks for the next season. Manchester City supporters expect to challenge for the English Premier League title every year but every season, they still celebrate when their team hits the point total where no EPL team has been relegated(37 or 42, can't remember, too lazy to look it up).

If you're going around expecting improvement or success from a franchise led by inept coaches and an owner with different aspirations and goals, well then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Well then I would expect the owner to state publicly that winning is not the goal. Then we can all move on. Instead we keep hearing how much he wants to win a championship. He wants to make money and increase the value of the franchise and if he stumbles on a playoff win then that is a bonus.

The Lions are no better but I found it funny that they don't see making the playoffs something to celebrate when you get booted first game over and over
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          Then we can all move on..
          I think most of us (fans) have done just that...... "if they win one great but if not that's ok too" ....pretty sure that's how most of Bengaldom approaches rooting for this Mike Brown owned franchise nowadays.

that being said....something about the make-up of this particular roster has me truly believing that this will be one of the best Bengal teams in franchise history.....whether that amounts to playoff win(s) or not, I have no idea, but they're certainly going to be an entertaining group to watch and I plan on enjoying them regardless of how it all ends.
          potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
          QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
          OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
            The Lions, the other completely inept playoff team in the league have announced they will not put up any banners for just making the playoffs:

The Lions made the playoffs last season, but they won’t hang a banner at Ford Field to celebrate it. And they’ve jettisoned previous playoff appearance banners as well.

Banners celebrating the Lions’ playoff appearances have been taken down, via Justin Rogers of the Detroit News. The Lions made the playoffs as a wild card and lost in the first round of the postseason in 2014, 2011, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1994, 1982 and 1970.

The Lions are keeping up their division championship banners. The Lions won the NFL Western Division in 1935, the National Conference in 1952, the Western Conference in 1953, 1954 and 1957, and the NFC Central in 1983, 1991 and 1993.

And, of course, the Lions are keeping up their NFL championship banners from 1935, 1952, 1953 and 1957.

Lions President Rod Wood explained that he wanted to celebrate something bigger than just getting to the playoffs.

In other words, just getting there is meaningless.
            No, in other words it was a part of a $100 million renovation--mainly getting the room to put up 26,000 SF in LED video screens.

But go ahead and attempt to further your fake news agenda always depicting the Bengals as "not wanting to win".
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

i along with most here believe they want to win, but its the stupid crap that someone with no knowledge can figure out in 30 min of watching it takes the bengal masterminds 3/4 of a season to figure out and only make changes when the season is over to save "continuity"

seriously, over the years when the OL /DL etc has sucked what was the point of keeping it the same so they can do the same? which was suck.

i mean really the OL here have to suck for 3 years before they consider a replacement. (center or whats his name before Boling) rookies have sit and earn positions even when the starters suck to "learn the proper way we do things" but if your a high draft pick you get put out there. if ya suck they'll split time with you, still suck ? move you to the strongest potion where you have a probowler, move him then let the probowler walk over a 2 yr contract and a meager couple million ?

sorry for the rant but they just havent a clue sometimes

Comment

Working...
              X