Only 8 teams have worse 2018 Superbowl odds than Cincinnati

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 8 teams have worse 2018 Superbowl odds than Cincinnati

I know we're coming off a 6-9-1 season but somehow I had the impression the Cincinnati Bengals were an above-average NFL team....what a slap in the face this was...http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/th...-surprise-you/

Slap in the face? Really?

EVERY team in the NFL has won a playoff game since the Bengals last won one.

So many people these days expect "respect" without having to earn it.
    The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of PB View Post
      Slap in the face? Really?

EVERY team in the NFL has won a playoff game since the Bengals last won one.

So many people these days expect "respect" without having to earn it.

There it is !!

Comment

I will take Most NFL Playoff Losses for $100, Alex.

Answer: 27 and 25

Who are Minnesota and Dallas?

Correct!

I will take "There it is!" Exclamations for $500.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I cant see how this would be a slap in the face/ First it is just a betting odds. Second, Marvin Lewis has the worst playoff record of any coach virtually ever. The odds should make us the last team in the NFL. The fact that there are a few below is surprising.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...e-2017-season/

OL is a huge risk for this team right now and until the prove otherwise, the team will go nowhere near a SB.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

8 teams have worse Super Bowl odds.

Genius.

They drafted 9th so there were 8 teams that were worse than Cincy last year.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
              I cant see how this would be a slap in the face/ First it is just a betting odds. Second, Marvin Lewis has the worst playoff record of any coach virtually ever. The odds should make us the last team in the NFL. The fact that there are a few below is surprising.

OL is a huge risk for this team right now and until the prove otherwise, the team will go nowhere near a SB.
              I saw profootballfocus.com and immediately I knew it was hogshit....

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                8 teams have worse Super Bowl odds.

Genius.

They drafted 9th so there were 8 teams that were worse than Cincy last year.
                LMAO, bingo! errrr "There it is"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                  There is no one who would ranks our OL anywhere but near bottom of the league. Lose two all pros and Bodine still sucks, Andre can never play a season and two unproven guys at tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Win the Super Bowl?

They won't even sniff the playoffs.

At least Marvin will finally get fired,.....or will he, as there is always another excuse?

As Dalton gets knocked out of every third or fourth game and Mixon continues to get first contact before he crosses the line of scrimmage, the fingerpointing and coachspeak should be entertaining.
                    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

So of course a healthy, improved, defense will not help anything? Won't assist in improving field position for the offense and dictate the extent opposing offenses can operate to score points? Every game will not be a blowout against us? Right...doesn't fit the cataclysm narrative.

Gotta love the Bellyache Gang...the thoughts of an offensive line disaster creating an abysmal year, just gives them thrills.
                      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                        The Bengals use that service as do at least half the NFL.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/3...nced-analytics

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                          So of course a healthy, improved, defense will not help anything? Won't assist in improving field position for the offense and dictate the extent opposing offenses can operate to score points? Every game will not be a blowout against us? Right...doesn't fit the cataclysm narrative.

Gotta love the Bellyache Gang...the thoughts of an offensive line disaster creating an abysmal year, just gives them thrills.
                          dont matter how good the defense is if they get sent back out there after 3-5 plays off, in that respect the possible OL disaster can become very real ....very fast.
                          after last year and the brand new OL theres alot for this team to prove ,but we all know there will be no last minute trades or savior FAs added so we shall see

Comment

I anticipated the "defense on the field all of the time" response. This presupposes that there will be little to no offensive production at all. And this is presupposed that there will be little to no production from the offensive line at all.

Play along, and try not to say "you can't compare the Bengals to...", but anyone who saw the Packers last year, knew their offensive line was marginal at best. An even better reference would be Blazer's beloved Seattle. There, the line was atrocious, the QB was overall less than our guy, and their offensive weapons were pedestrian. Now, put a good defense accomplishing the acumen I described previously, and you still have a playoff team coming out of a decent division. Again, try to refrain from throwing coach-hate into it also--I am speaking in a hypothetical, whereas everyone else is speaking in absolutes.

Comment

Remember 2009. Didn't have a good defense but had a veteran QB, RB and WR. Plus the OL was questionable. We won the division.
                              Remember 2011. Still questionable OL, but no veteran QB or WR but a good defense. We again made the playoffs. And every season after that until last year with many injuries.
                              On paper this is the best team we have had since Marvin took over.
                              The best WR core since the 80's. Three RB's that could start on other teams, One of the best TE's in football with two good backups. And one of the top 10 QB's in the league. But we question the Oline?
                              The Bengals must not be worried about it because they never signed a free agent of drafted an Olineman. I understand the questioning of Ogbuehi. But think about it. He was drafted injured as a LT. He was moved to RT because Smith left. Before he got injured in college before the draft he was top 10. People question Smith because he didn't do well with the Vikings. But before he left on many days he could be one of the best in the NFL. But he had his bad days also. He has the talent, he just has to stay focused. Boling is much better than I expected after seeing him his first season. So that leaves Bodine and LG. Fisher LG? Fisher could turn out to be like Whitworth. Start off as a guard and later moved back to tackle. Whitworth did well in helping Cook when he was a guard. Maybe Fisher does the same for Bodine.
                              I don't worry about the Oline as much as others. With the talent outside the OLine we could cover up some flaws. The running game we could muscle most Dlines. We have good receiving RB's. None have stone hands. So if the line allows the Dline in, we throw the screens and run the draw. With two long ball threats we could keep and extra man or two in for blocking. Eifert, Ross and Green. How about 5 wide? Green, Ross, Boyd, Eifert and Erickson. Why Erickson over Core or Lafell. He could be an Edelman. how about old time football and the t formation. Bernard, Hill and Mixon.
                              Do you remember Manning and the Colts. No Oline but still top in their division. Same with Green Bay, Rodgers and Ryan with Atlanta. Every team has weaknesses, the Bengals have less than many.
                              Bengals lost 5 games in last 8 by less than 4 points. Except for Steelers and Packers no team we play won more than 3 games more than us. We won 6 and tied 1. Teams we play didn't win more than 9 games other than Steelers and Packers.
                              Remember Steelers had the best record of all the teams we play with 11 wins Packers 10. Bengals played 5 teams with a 10 win or more wins 2015 season. So we get and easier schedule that should give us at least 3 more wins.
                              We play AFC south. We are better than each of those teams including 9-7 Texans. We play the NFC north, other than Viking they have no defenses. So our offense could moved the ball as well as NFC north teams but our defense could slow down their offenses.
                              Last edited by Super Cat; 07-03-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X