• Show
Clear All

speaking of Andy...

andy.jpg
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Speaking of Andy, here's a post after Dalton was ranked 20th in the league by some website after his second season. I asked for 19 QBs that you'd rather have than Dalton and here was somebody's answers with my 2013 opinions added of each QB. I might change a few of those today. I watched a lot more non-Bengal games the last couple of years than I had the previous 10 years
      Eli - sucks without a good running game
      RGIII - flash in the pan . . . but we'll always have 2012
      Romo - sat for three and a half years before seeing the field
      Vick - lol your desperation is showing
      Rodgers - sat for three years before starting, Amazing accuracy
      Cutler - Dalton has already surpassed his stats. One playoff season in 7 years.
      Stafford - Threw 727 passes to get 20 TDs last season. And you people complain that AD doesn't utilize Green correctly
      Brees - started out 4-12 in games he threw 30+ passes his first 32 starts, weak arm, ran out of SD ... all-pro, but let me guess, you saw his ability long ago, right?
      Ryan - 1 playoff win in 5 seasons. Great stats but you keep nominating people that are chock full of the same weaknesses that AD gets ripped for.
      Freeman - Half of his four seasons, he threw more INTs than TDs. One winning season.
      Newton - Has yet to call an audible. Just about every pass stat dropped in 2012, but he did lead the team in rushing so I guess that counts for something.
      Kaepernick - Great runner. Still bird dogs his receivers ... very fortunate to have his primary target get open a lot otherwise, he's running. Has a great HC
      Wilson - incomplete . . . only saw him play one half and they looked awful
      Bradford - stats are inferior to Dalton's, yet to have a winning season
      Brady - Still the class of the league . . . hasn't won a Super Bowl since Corey Dillon's first season in New England
      Tannehill - 1-7 when throwing the ball 30+ times . . . Dalton was 6-5 each season
      Schaub - three year backup has a stud receiver, quality TEs and a strong running game.
      Luck - Looked very solid and like a #1 pick
      Flacco - Very streaky. Coming off of the best stretch of his career
      Roethlisberger - Still looks to scramble before going through his progressions. Been sacked over 40 times 5 times in his career.Only thrown over 500 passes twice
      Rivers - Weaker arm than Dalton. 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, 13-3 with LT. 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 after LT went to the Jets. Still immature at 31 years old.
      Peyton - Weaker arm than Dalton . . . still phenomenal.
      Mallet - LOL based on what? Game film from three seasons ago in the SEC?

I do give you credit for not putting Palmer in there'
      Boy, it's amazing what a few years does to a football post.
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Holy shit, did someone seriously say that they'd rather have Josh ####ing Freeman over AD??

that's absolutely priceless.

Comment

to me it seems like people are just having a really hard time differentiating today's AD from the rookie AD from 2011.

it's almost like nobody wants to admit that they were wrong about him or that they just can't let go of the narrative they cooked up in there own heads after AD's rookie season.

sad really.

Comment

2017 Prediction-- Dalton will set Bengal records for most TD passes in a season, most passing yards in a season, highest pass percentage in a season, and highest YPA in a season.
            Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
              to me it seems like people are just having a really hard time differentiating today's AD from the rookie AD from 2011.

it's almost like nobody wants to admit that they were wrong about him or that they just can't let go of the narrative they cooked up in there own heads after AD's rookie season.

sad really.
              No one can argue Dalton has not improved a lot since he started. But he was part of the 4 playoff game clusterf*ck (as were many others) and in my mind he needs to get over that hump to gain the next level of respectability. Let's say he sets all kinds of regular season records this year then craps his pants in another playoff loss? Then what? Then he is regular season elite and post season crap. There are a number of players and coaches on this team who simply have under performed in multiple playoff games. Until that changes, expect the same result.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                No one can argue Dalton has not improved a lot since he started. But he was part of the 4 playoff game clusterf*ck
                Well McCarron started one of those games and Andy was a rookie QB in another one going up against a team on the road that was a huge favorite.....not sure I'd be so quick to criticize really, there's been plenty of QB's that have went on to become great that struggled early on in their careers winning playoff games.

IMO, Andy's just getting started and will, without a doubt, go down as the greatest QB in Bengals history.......and will win plenty of playoff games along the way barring major injury (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  Well McCarron started one of those games and Andy was a rookie QB in another one going up against a team on the road that was a huge favorite.....not sure I'd be so quick to criticize really, there's been plenty of QB's that have went on to become great that struggled early on in their careers winning playoff games.

IMO, Andy's just getting started and will, without a doubt, go down as the greatest QB in Bengals history.......and will win plenty of playoff games along the way barring major injury (knock on wood).
                  Hopefully you are correct. Even Peyton quite frankly was a below average playoff QB. Eli , once in the playoffs was much better. Had we sent ML upstairs or out the door and replaced some of the staff with more competent coaches I would be as hopeful as many of you are here.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                    No one can argue Dalton has not improved a lot since he started. But he was part of the 4 playoff game clusterf*ck (as were many others) and in my mind he needs to get over that hump to gain the next level of respectability. Let's say he sets all kinds of regular season records this year then craps his pants in another playoff loss? Then what? Then he is regular season elite and post season crap. There are a number of players and coaches on this team who simply have under performed in multiple playoff games. Until that changes, expect the same result.
                    I wasn't necessarily talking about you, btw....just in general really.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                      2017 Prediction-- Dalton will set Bengal records for most TD passes in a season, most passing yards in a season, highest pass percentage in a season, and highest YPA in a season.
                      I couldn't agree more, I think he puts up huge numbers this year.....MVP type numbers.

Comment

Dalton might break some records, but I doubt YPA will be one of them. He will be doing way too many short patterns to make up for the deficiencies of the O-Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                          Dalton might break some records, but I doubt YPA will be one of them. He will be doing way too many short patterns to make up for the deficiencies of the O-Line.
                          He's been doing that since he has been here, in fact, his quick release is why he was drafted. The Bengals now have a few guys on the roster that are going to gain more yards after the catch than the pedestrian WRs that preceded them. Ross, Malone and Mixon are going to break/shake a few tackles in the open field. Remember LaFell's awesome catch and run, versus the Texans I believe? Expect a few more plays like that out of Dalton's short, quick passes.
                          Only users lose drugs

Comment

4. O-line a Mixed Bag

Thursday was a so-so day for the offensive line. Throughout the session, there continued to be negative updates on this much-maligned unit. Seeing the enigmatic Will Clarke beating your starting left tackle is not a great sight, especially since Clarke may not even make the final roster. Ogbuehi’s struggles didn’t end there, however, as rookie Jordan Willis also got the better of the third-year lineman. Ogbuehi struggled to block just about anyone last year, but the hope is he’ll improve dramatically this year. If he doesn’t, either Ogbuehi won’t keep his job for long, or Andy Dalton won’t make it through 16 games.

Comment

#IronSharpensIron

Comment

It is frustrating that after hearing how hard Cedric worked in the offseason I expected so much more, and here he is getting beat by everyone but the water boy. It sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X