Less than a week until training camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Hobson
    SLANTS AND SCREENS: On Friday, Tony Corrente, the head referee of the crew that is visiting PBS, walked the media through the film the league provides each club every year reviewing rules changes and points of emphasis and said he believes the biggest impact is the rule liberalizing celebrations.

Players can now celebrate together in the end zone and use the ball as a prop. But as the film showed former Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson in a decade-old clip doing his “Tiger Hood,” celebration putting the ball with a pylon, the reminder is no other props can be used.

“As soon as there’s a touchdown, the 40-second (play) clock is going until the ball is kicked off,” Guenther said. “If the celebration takes 30 seconds, that’s only 10 seconds for the kick-off team. We’re not going to do that stuff anyway. Just give the ball to the official. Act like you’ve been there before. I think they understand the rule now. If you’re jumping in the end zone, we’re going to get a delay on the kickoff.” …

I like that. Score and celebrate on your way back to your sideline.
    Only users lose drugs

Comment

Not worthy of a new thread:

The CFL, only 1/3rd through it's season has a new Commissioner and he has changed the rule of coaches challenges - they were allowed 3 now only 1. New guy said the game has many human errors in it and we cant stop the flow of the game to 'fish' for penalties. Great move and the game i watched last night had far less stoppages. So now the coaches have to be strategic with the use of the challenge.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

4) Offensive Line Struggling

For the second straight day, the offensive line had an underwhelming practice that will only keep the concern level high here. The line was holding up well through the early part of camp, but after taking a step back on Thursday, Friday was more of the same. They're working the 2 minute drill today, and this is the first time I've noticed Dalton under pressure consistently. Sadly, Ogbuehi getting beat has been a consistent theme the past two days. If your left tackle is struggling, it really doesn’t matter how well the other four linemen are playing. It’s going to make the whole line look bad, but Ogbuehi can’t take the entire blame when one of the league’s worst centers is next to a project right guard in the starting lineup. Hopefully, these are just some early struggles and the line works through its issues as the season nears.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          4) Offensive Line Struggling

For the second straight day, the offensive line had an underwhelming practice that will only keep the concern level high here. The line was holding up well through the early part of camp, but after taking a step back on Thursday, Friday was more of the same. They're working the 2 minute drill today, and this is the first time I've noticed Dalton under pressure consistently. Sadly, Ogbuehi getting beat has been a consistent theme the past two days. If your left tackle is struggling, it really doesn’t matter how well the other four linemen are playing. It’s going to make the whole line look bad, but Ogbuehi can’t take the entire blame when one of the league’s worst centers is next to a project right guard in the starting lineup. Hopefully, these are just some early struggles and the line works through its issues as the season nears.
          Link?
          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

that's a pretty damn good d-line that they're going up against every day and Lawson is looking like a beast...I wouldn't get too worked up about the OL getting whooped by our DL at the moment, they're going to do that to a lot of people throughout the year IMO......going up against that group on a daily basis though is only going to make them better in the long run, just gotta stay healthy.

and by all accounts so far btw, Jake Fisher and Trey Hopkins have looked outstanding and could be legit building blocks up front going forward.

also, as long as OGB keeps his confidence up and stays healthy, he'll be fine, I don't worry about him......things will start clicking for him soon enough...plus Lap has said he's had plenty of good days so far as well. .
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
              Link?
              https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/4...akeaways-day-7

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                that's a pretty damn good d-line that they're going up against every day and Lawson is looking like a beast...I wouldn't get too worked up about the OL getting whooped by our DL at the moment, they're going to do that to a lot of people throughout the year IMO......going up against that group on a daily basis though is only going to make them better in the long run, just gotta stay healthy.

and by all accounts so far btw, Jake Fisher and Trey Hopkins have looked outstanding and could be legit building blocks up front going forward.

also, as long as OGB keeps his confidence up and stays healthy, he'll be fine, I don't worry about him......things will start clicking for him soon enough...plus Lap has said he's had plenty of good days so far as well. .
                Yeah except he isn't just getting beat by Lawson, he's getting beat by Will Clarke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  Yeah except he isn't just getting beat by Lawson, he's getting beat by Will Clarke.
                  so? is Will Clarke not allowed to win a match-up every once in awhile? guy had 4 sacks last year and was a 3rd round pick, it's not like he's completely incompetent.

mostly he's getting beat by Carl Lawson....just like everybody else is.

Comment

so? is Will Clarke not allowed to win a match-up every once in awhile? guy had 4 sacks last year and was a 3rd round pick, it's not like he's completely incompetent.

mostly he's getting beat by Carl Lawson....just like everybody else is.
                    Cedric is a first round pick that is going into his third year and was anointed the LT of the future. He's getting beat by mid to late round draft picks on a regular basis including Will Clarke who has been a bust. Clarke has 4.5 sacks in 3 years.

Let me add that on another forum I was defending Cedric before they put the pads on, when the author of a story was talking bad about him. Well from that first week until now nothing has changed. He's still getting beat a lot.

No one has mentioned it, but does anyone think the Dolphins call about McCarron? Or is his cost too high just for one year?

Comment

With our OL in transition it would be quite foolish to trade McCarron. There is a much higher risk of a QB injury this year based simply on the level of inexperience

Comment

we're one full week into camp so I'm not the least bit concerned if the defense is a bit ahead at this point.......talk to me when we've played all 4 pre-season games, if OGB is struggling mightily after that, THEN I'll be concerned......right now it's just too early to make any real assumptions.

for some reason though no one seems to wanna hear or even cares that the offense has had their good days as well....that includes OGB.

people do understand that the guys on the other side of the ball are getting paid too, right? I mean, they're allowed to win a few of their match-ups from time to time lol.

Comment

we're one full week into camp so I'm not the least bit concerned if the defense is a bit ahead at this point.......talk to me when we've played all 4 pre-season games, if OGB is struggling mightily after that, THEN I'll be concerned......right now it's just too early to make any real assumptions.

for some reason though no one seems to wanna hear or even cares that the offense has had their good days as well....that includes OGB.

people do understand that the guys on the other side of the ball are getting paid too, right? I mean, they're allowed to win a few of their match-ups from time to time lol.
                          Yeah and the guys beating him are rookies and third stringers. What do you think guys like Suggs, Watt, Myles Garrett, Clay Mathews and stars are going to do to him? Dalton is going to be broken and out of action by week 5.

Comment

I am sure Playoff QB Russell Wilson--with the worst offensive line in the league (and protected again by George Fant or Luke Joekel) isn't going to be broken in pieces anymore than he was a year ago. Is Playoff QB Matthew Stafford--behind his mushy wall and Greg Robinson in particular? I can keep going.

Spic has already laid out very logical counters. Unless you just want to imagine the worst--which is, of course, expected.
                            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                              I am sure Playoff QB Russell Wilson--with the worst offensive line in the league (and protected again by George Fant or Luke Joekel) isn't going to be broken in pieces anymore than he was a year ago. Is Playoff QB Matthew Stafford--behind his mushy wall and Greg Robinson in particular? I can keep going.

Spic has already laid out very logical counters. Unless you just want to imagine the worst--which is, of course, expected.
                              I've already said I defended Cedric before... but please tell me how saying that a guy that is getting beat consistently by Will Clarke has your confidence? The first 4 games of the season, Cedric is going against Suggs, Watt, Mathews, and Myles. I don't care about those other teams. They have nothing to do with the Bengals and are a non sequitur. The Bengals lost two starters on the offensive line that gave up 41 sacks last year, including their Pro Bowl LT and a top RG, and replaced them with who? Ignoring the weakness of the offensive line is just silly, and then going to that same old, "You guys just want to be negative" is just old. Please get a new line.

Seriously, me and you have had some disagreements lately, but you say the same thing over and over. This forum is for discussing the Bengals, which includes their weaknesses. This isn't the old fan board on Bengals.com that was a complete homer board where people got banned for anything that was considered negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                                Yeah and the guys beating him are rookies and third stringers. What do you think guys like Suggs, Watt, Myles Garrett, Clay Mathews and stars are going to do to him? Dalton is going to be broken and out of action by week 5.
                                lol....if you say so.

Comment

Working...
                                X