Less than a week until training camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than a week until training camp

I hope you all are prepared for training camp. Get ready to bring your A game, competition for board supremacy will be fierce. Fed-Ups vs Die Hards is still a solid camp battle that will normally bleed into and throughout the season.

The group of Dalton haters is still strong but they have slowly dwindled over the years and become not so vociferous, probably from being de-sensitized by Bengaldom more than anything else. Maybe we should call that condition Bengaldumb? I can often feel the IQ points draining off of me while watching ML coach a game.

I noticed that they've scheduled it at the PBS practice fields. Did they do that last year also or is this the first year of not going to Kentucky?

Marvin as a lame duck . . . will it matter? Is he just too clueless on how to be a game day coach or will he be able to "out-roster" the opponents into a winning record again?

O-line. That alone could be three or four pages here. It's the biggest question mark on the team outside of coach and maybe kicker.

I could see Cincy keeping seven WRs unless they find someone to replace Erickson. Ross, Mixon and Pacman could be the return platoon that could push one of the better performing players off of the roster
    Green
    Ross
    Boyd
    LaFell
    Core
    Malone
    Erickson?

Any other position battles of concern?

Thoughts/opinions/musings?
    Only users lose drugs

after the returns erickson performed in his rookie season they would be stupid to cut him ... so fully expect him to be cut.

i see lafell/core to be mostly the odd man out but fully expect injuries will define this group

safety to me is a concern i think they was out of position early last year, not keeping nelson was a mistake. i hope we dont see the same results with Whits departure this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
      I noticed that they've scheduled it at the PBS practice fields. Did they do that last year also or is this the first year of not going to Kentucky?
      They haven't gone to Georgetown, KY in about 5 years.

Marvin as a lame duck . . . will it matter? Is he just too clueless on how to be a game day coach or will he be able to "out-roster" the opponents into a winning record again?
      Don't worry, I'm sure Mike will give Mediocre Marv another contract extension right before the season begins.

O-line. That alone could be three or four pages here. It's the biggest question mark on the team outside of coach and maybe kicker.
      I know they are having an open competition at kicker, but I've got to think it is Elliott's job to lose. I'll be interested to see if all of the offseason workouts that Ogbuehi reportedly did will help his game (he is said to have done MMA-style training to toughen up).

I could see Cincy keeping seven WRs unless they find someone to replace Erickson. Ross, Mixon and Pacman could be the return platoon that could push one of the better performing players off of the roster
      Green
      Ross
      Boyd
      LaFell
      Core
      Malone
      Erickson?
      I think Core is the odd man out.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
        Don't worry, I'm sure Mike will give Mediocre Marv another contract extension right before the season begins.
        I'm not so sure about that. I think Mike is finally in "Let's wait and see" mode. I think a playoff win is mandatory before another contract is discussed.
        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
          after the returns erickson performed in his rookie season they would be stupid to cut him ... so fully expect him to be cut.

i see lafell/core to be mostly the odd man out but fully expect injuries will define this group
          Even if he's beaten out by Core and Malone, you can't cut LaFell. You'll won't get another FA worth a shit to ever sign here for awhile. The drafting of Malone may turn out great, but it put a log jam at the end of the roster that didn't need to be there, imo. Core played pretty good as a fill-in #2, he easily could have held up the #5 slot. There were other spots that needed attention, like safety.
          safety to me is a concern i think they was out of position early last year, not keeping nelson was a mistake. i hope we dont see the same results with Whits departure this year.
          I wanted Hooker in the first round, and was initially upset with the Ross pick but after I read more about him and reflected on my six year mantra "AJ Green and a bunch of #4 WRs" J. Simpson, Caldwell, Sanu, M. Jones . . . Boyd is better than all four of them and Ross is presumably more dangerous than Boyd so I was OK with passing on a stud safety . . . which why I question the Malone pick. Either no safety was available that they rated higher than Fejedelem or they felt that Malone might eventually push Boyd and couldn't pass up the potential. I trust Duke Tobin. Now THAT is a guy that I want signed long term.
          Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
            I'm not so sure about that. I think Mike is finally in "Let's wait and see" mode. I think a playoff win is mandatory before another contract is discussed.
            It should be like that but this is Mike Brown we're talking about here. Don't fool yourself. One thing about MB is that he won't change. Don't think that he's now someone he wasn't 5 yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
              It should be like that but this is Mike Brown we're talking about here. Don't fool yourself. One thing about MB is that he won't change. Don't think that he's now someone he wasn't 5 yrs ago
              Are you kidding! Mikey is going all in for a championship before he dies. It is OBVIOUS by his many slick moves this off season - using all the cap space and some in the future, signing those key free agent OL, making the necessary coaching changes - yup, he is all in.

Meanwhile, Marvin is compiling his list of rookies that he knows he won't play even if they are better than veterans and they will all go to the IR in due time.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post

If they cut Erickson, he would immediately become a 1000 yard receiver with New England. lol

Comment

Only way Core gets cut is if he is hurt and misses a bunch of training camp. Him and Malone are the perfect type of guys to be gunners on the punt team. I'd also like to have that kid from Houston Brandon Wilson on special teams. He has so much speed and size to be a Pro-Bowl special teams player.

Comment

very nice to see...

Vontaze Burfict in 'tremendous shape' as Bengals report to camp

if he stays healthy and plays all 16 games, that defense could be elite.
                    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Ross, Eifert and Gio all cleared to start TC

Comment

Kumerow got hurt first day... such a shame I think if the dominoes had fallen right he could have been a contributing member to the team at some point.

Comment

can't make the club from the tub...

Comment

The NFL Network predicted the Bengals to go 6-10... and Heath Evans predicted them to lose the first 4 games. Do they even pay attention to the Bengals? They gave zero reasons for why they thought the Bengals would do so badly... how sad. These people do ZERO research on the Bengals when they do these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              The NFL Network predicted the Bengals to go 6-10... and Heath Evans predicted them to lose the first 4 games. Do they even pay attention to the Bengals? They gave zero reasons for why they thought the Bengals would do so badly... how sad. These people do ZERO research on the Bengals when they do these things.
                              It really is pathetic.

just like you said....zero research to go along with zero effort and zero shits given.

Comment

Working...
                              X