Broncos interested in McCarron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Did I see our Back-ups play better than the little Red BB Gun? I think I did, yea, scrubs, whatever, I saw some starters in there and nice PICK btw at the goal line. Carry On!
    There's a pretty big difference between some starters and all starters. I thought Dalton looked very good. The interception was an insanely good play from the corner. The read was good, but the throw was about a foot off. I think even that throw is a touchdown most of the time. Frankly, I hate the play call, but it does set up a quick wheel for the regular season in the same situation. I hope that's what they were thinking, though I'm not confident they were.

I like McCarron a lot. I think his ceiling is higher than Andy's, but he doesn't give us a better chance than Andy this year, and he's obviously going to be somewhere else next season or sooner, so there's not much incentive to play him. Neither guy is a QB who will get you to the Super Bowl, but Dalton is our best option for now. I like how hard he works, and I think his decisions are almost always correct. He just doesn't make the throws as often as Top-10 QBs. He's in the next group back.

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto Bengal View Post
      There's a pretty big difference between some starters and all starters. I thought Dalton looked very good. The interception was an insanely good play from the corner. The read was good, but the throw was about a foot off. I think even that throw is a touchdown most of the time. Frankly, I hate the play call, but it does set up a quick wheel for the regular season in the same situation. I hope that's what they were thinking, though I'm not confident they were.

I like McCarron a lot. I think his ceiling is higher than Andy's, but he doesn't give us a better chance than Andy this year, and he's obviously going to be somewhere else next season or sooner, so there's not much incentive to play him. Neither guy is a QB who will get you to the Super Bowl, but Dalton is our best option for now. I like how hard he works, and I think his decisions are almost always correct. He just doesn't make the throws as often as Top-10 QBs. He's in the next group back.

Dalton isn't going to shoulder the team and take them to a SB, but he's hardly "the weakest link" either. We need our key playmakers on offense to stay healthy and on defense to not be suspended, along with competent or better OL and DL play, to win a playoff game. All of them will have to be better than we've ever seen, to get beyond that.
      ///M
      The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Working...
      X