Pre_Season game #1 Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre_Season game #1 Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati

I don't know the local TV set-up but the NFL Network will replay it at 1:00 am Friday night/Saturday morning and at 1:00 pm Tuesday, both start times EST.

I'll do a play-ish by play-ish on the the first re-air(9-midnight for me) if anybody else will be watching outside of the Cincy area.
    Only users lose drugs

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I don't know the local TV set-up but the NFL Network will replay it at 1:00 am Friday night/Saturday morning and at 1:00 pm Tuesday, both start times EST.

I'll do a play-ish by play-ish on the the first re-air(9-midnight for me) if anybody else will be watching outside of the Cincy area.
    Game will air at 7:30pm on WKRC (channel 12) in Cincinnati.

Things to watch tonight:

1) Offensive line - especially Fisher and Ogbuehi. Did the extra work in the offseason pay off or do we still have a revolving door?

2) Carl Lawson - reports say he's been lighting it up in practice.

3) WJIII and Andrew Billings - We finally get to see how they have progressed after missing all of their rookie season last year. WJIII will probably start the year on the bench, but I think he'll take the starting spot at some point this season. Billings should be an immediate upgrade over Peko.

4) Joe Mixon - Might not see him until late in the first half (he's listed as 4th on the depth chart), so he'll probably be going up against TB's scrubs. Still, he's been impressive in practice.

Most importantly, stay healthy.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the time for NFLN. Probably will record and watch first thing in the morning. I'll be watching the OL. I also want to see how the LBs play now that they have some real speed. Finally, I'm interested in this kicking contest. We lost 3 games last year due to kicking. I haven't seen anything really done to address it other than some rooking and journeyman kicker. This could be our second biggest hole behind the OL.
      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

It's a must win
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          It's a must win
          ....gotta set the tone.
          potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
          QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
          OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
            Game will air at 7:30pm on WKRC (channel 12) in Cincinnati.

Things to watch tonight:

1) Offensive line - especially Fisher and Ogbuehi. Did the extra work in the offseason pay off or do we still have a revolving door?

2) Carl Lawson - reports say he's been lighting it up in practice.

3) WJIII and Andrew Billings - We finally get to see how they have progressed after missing all of their rookie season last year. WJIII will probably start the year on the bench, but I think he'll take the starting spot at some point this season. Billings should be an immediate upgrade over Peko.

4) Joe Mixon - Might not see him until late in the first half (he's listed as 4th on the depth chart), so he'll probably be going up against TB's scrubs. Still, he's been impressive in practice.

Most importantly, stay healthy.
            I'll add:
            5) Battle at Kicker. Below average vs unknown. I wanted the guy that Cleveland drafted. Let's see what the kid can do.

Other than that, you nailed it. REALLY anxious to see Mixon run. From what I've seen so far, he looks like a bigger, faster Marshall Faulk. Looking like and being are two different things. I believe Ross is still being held out because of the shoulder. I want to see what the back end of the WRs will do with the few extra snaps in his absence.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Most important take away from this game... Marvin Lewis has let himself go. He almost looks pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                https://www.rveal.com/

Comment

I wonder if we can get a second round pick for Driskell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                    I wonder if we can get a second round pick for Driskell.
                    Maybe Mikey will change his mind about trading McCarron.

Comment

Goodbye Will Clarke, HELLO Chris Smith!!
                      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                        Goodbye Will Clarke, HELLO Chris Smith!!
                        Smith was great last night. Hopefully he can keep it up. Between Smith, Lawson, and Willis there is a lot to be excited about on the defensive line. It's only one preseason game, but definitely encouraging to see them getting to the QB.

Comment

So I'm wondering . . . Is Tampa's season up in the air because the Bengals young DEs were getting pressure all night or are we overreacting to those young DEs getting pressure on QBs in practice?

From the two drives I saw Ogbuehi play, he missed a run block that didn't effect the play and he was beaten on a pass rush that forced McCarron to dump off to Mixon.

One thing that I did notice, this team's depth is amazingly deep. Expect many of the cuts to be playing elsewhere in week one.
                          Only users lose drugs

Comment

Smith has a great motor. With that said, I'll be more excited about him if I start seeing him do that against the first and second stringers and not against the guy that aren't going to make the team. Now let me make a couple observations.

#1. Ogbuehi played ok, last night but he totally whiffed on a block that cost the Bengals a TFL on a run play. He didn't give up any sacks, but the Bengals didn't exactly run any deep routes last night where Dalton or McCarron had to sit in the pocket very long.

#2. Bodine still isn't very good and the Bengals need him to play great this year to hold a suspect line together. He also whiffed on a block that cost a TFL, and that was against second stringers.

#3. Trey Hopkins played well last night. He just might beat out Andre Smith, or if Ogbuehi struggles you may see Hopkins at LT.

#4. Didn't really hear or see much of Fisher getting beat, but at the same time I don't really remember the Bengals running a lot of plays to his side. Most of the run plays were up the middle, but when it comes to lineman, if you don't hear anything about them it is usually a good sign.

#5. I don't care for Joe Mixon's past but he is definitely a hell of a ball player. That screen play where he broke the initial contact and then made two guys miss was really nice.

#6. Hill seemed last night to play with some motivation. I didn't really see him dancing in the hole as much as usual and maybe most importantly, he was falling forward completing his runs. If Mixon and Hill play this way all the time, and Gio can come back healthy and play as dynamically as they say he is in camp, and maybe mix in Tra Carson to replace Peerman, the Bengals have to be one of the deepest RB squads in the league. With the ability to ALWAYS have a fresh guy in the game that can run and has great hands to take part in the passing game, that's a big deal.

#7. Geno blew up a couple of plays, but other than that the DT including Billings really didn't do squat. I was really hoping to see Billings break out in his first game. That Tupou kid that weighs 350 lbs had a nice play where he beat a double team and helped get in on a tackle close to the end zone was nice. He should be on the practice squad.

#8. The Bengals still after all this years can not cover RBs and TEs. I think Tampa was perfect when throwing to TEs last night. They gave up 66 yards to TEs and Tampa's best TE OJ Howard wasn't even playing. I don't understand how a team can have the same problem year after year after year, and not fix it. I understand Iloka wasn't playing, but I kept seeing Minter and Rey get beat and they are supposed to be good in coverage.

#9. The LBs and Secondary are not wrapping up. They are trying to get big hits and not trying to tackle. The worst was probably Burfict at the beginning of the game on Mike Evans. With as good of a defensive line the Bengals should have this year, the LBs should be protected enough to be able to really make some plays. We'll see.

#10. The secondary played ok, giving up a couple big plays, but the biggest thing is Jones was VERY physical and they for some reason just let them play last night. I'm not sure if the refs will let that go in the regular season, or if it could start adding up penalties. Benwikere and Russell played well last night in the second half, that is going to be tough competition for that last spot, though Russell stood out more on special teams and that could be the difference.

#11. The Bengals have a real kicking competition. It's going to be hard to cut a draft pick though so I see the Bengals keeping Elliot, but I think Bullock definitely gets picked up by another team. I'm just glad the Bengals didn't spend a second round pick on a kicker that can't hit extra points.

#12. Thought I would save this one for last. Dalton looked really good until he pulled his old trick of having a brain fart near the endzone. McCarron looked ok though he was just a tad bit off throwing high, but that could have to do with the linemen being pushed back into his face in the pocket. Driskel was horrible and they should cut him tomorrow.

Ok that last part about Driskel isn't true but "I did that as a test to see how many people read my whole post. Driskel played well for a guy against other players that won't make the team so I'm not going to anoint him the next Steve Young until I see him against stiffer competition. He did have one pass that wasn't even close to the receiver and should have been picked off, but other than that I can't knock him.

Comment

Dear god in heaven, I'd rather watch a game with the Mute on than suffer through the goofy lilt of Brad Johansen.

Comment

Working...
                              X