X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre_hungover
    started a topic Pre_Season game #1 Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati

Pre_Season game #1 Tampa Bay @ Cincinnati

I don't know the local TV set-up but the NFL Network will replay it at 1:00 am Friday night/Saturday morning and at 1:00 pm Tuesday, both start times EST.

I'll do a play-ish by play-ish on the the first re-air(9-midnight for me) if anybody else will be watching outside of the Cincy area.

• Maldez
    replied
    Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's really sad is how he got the fulltime radio gig for so long. It reeked of cheapness as it was simply a matter of Clear Channel taking a current employee and moving him into the booth. I agree, he's the worst
    "Reeked of cheapness"...YES!....that corny, amateurish, oh-so-casual style of Johansen's turns an NFL football game into the equivalent of a game show....GET HIM OFF THE AIR!!!

Leave a comment:

• Stryker57
    replied
    What's really sad is how he got the fulltime radio gig for so long. It reeked of cheapness as it was simply a matter of Clear Channel taking a current employee and moving him into the booth. I agree, he's the worst
    and the sound always sounds like they tap in to the AM radio broadcast

Leave a comment:

• Sea Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Maldez View Post
    I guess we all have our pet annoyances when it comes to broadcasters but, for whatever reason, Brad f'n Johansen goes well beyond anything even tolerable for me....that goofy, glib, "I'm so cool" lilt of his is just torturous to my ears...I actually watched the TB game with the volume off and the Closed Captions on, just to avoid him. You should be doing the weather report or Sunday sermon, Mr. Johansen....you're not a sports broadcaster !!

Leave a comment:

• Maldez
    replied
    He is horrible but Munoz ain't so great either. Take a drink everytime he says "he really is..."
    I guess we all have our pet annoyances when it comes to broadcasters but, for whatever reason, Brad f'n Johansen goes well beyond anything even tolerable for me....that goofy, glib, "I'm so cool" lilt of his is just torturous to my ears...I actually watched the TB game with the volume off and the Closed Captions on, just to avoid him. You should be doing the weather report or Sunday sermon, Mr. Johansen....you're not a sports broadcaster !!

Leave a comment:

• Super Cat
    replied
    Winston will be the lineman cut. He is good for backup but not good enough to be full time. And I agree Elliot will be our kicker.

Leave a comment:

• sandwedge
    replied
    Elliot will be our kicker. Bullock is just auditioning...

Leave a comment:

• sandwedge
    replied
    Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Andre is not getting cut...that is just silly Spic.
    I wouldn't be so bold with that statement, but you could be right. Hopkins played very well the other night and so did Westerman and Redmon. Andre is still the hot tub king!

Leave a comment:

• sandwedge
    replied
    Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
    never thought smith was that great of a rt. i'd use Winston before smith at rt. and read that more so as how much i dislike smith . seriously i think smith is more of a see if he can stay healthy/and cheap body that fills a roster spot(or a reason mot to sign a better FA.)
    Winston, is plain slower than syrup in Alaska, in January!!

Leave a comment:

• ralphmtsu
    replied
    OMG Stryker, did you see Winston play RT last year? He was a freaking statue with lead feet. Andre is a better than average RT. I think Hopkins should get a shot at the RG spot. Don't know if TJ is ready to start at center.

Leave a comment:

• Stryker57
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    Smith shouldn't get cut, because he is the backup RT along with being able to play RG. If Cedric bombs, Fisher can get moved to LT and Andre can go to RT.
    never thought smith was that great of a rt. i'd use Winston before smith at rt. and read that more so as how much i dislike smith . seriously i think smith is more of a see if he can stay healthy/and cheap body that fills a roster spot(or a reason mot to sign a better FA.)

Leave a comment:

• Lewdog
    replied
    Smith shouldn't get cut, because he is the backup RT along with being able to play RG. If Cedric bombs, Fisher can get moved to LT and Andre can go to RT.

Leave a comment:

• spicoli
    replied
    okay

Leave a comment:

• Le Tigre
    replied
    Andre is not getting cut...that is just silly Spic.

Leave a comment:

• spicoli
    replied
    Hopkins definitely needs to be in the starting line-up, that kid has a chance to be really good IMO he just needed good health and an opportunity to impress......strong as a bull, very smart, pretty good athlete and reeeeally long arms....nice traits to have for a RG.....Dave Lapham was really gushing about the Redmond kid as well but I don't know much about him though.....my guess is Andre gets cut......Bodine is apparently sleeping with someone with power.

also, don't sleep on Westerman.....that kid was a monster at ASU and a lot of draft "experts" had R2 grades on him, the kid can play for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X