No announcement yet.

Pre Season Game #3 Bengals vs the Washington NFL Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty much ok with the first teams performance. Looked good to me.
    3rd string qb has some tools. He could morph into an effective starter. Ryan Fitzpatrick with abetter arm
    Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Except being unable to win the game by putting the ball in the end zone with a 1st and goal from the 8...he did just fine.

Go with 2 QB's and try again with someone else next season.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
        That hand shake by Mediocre Marv and Gruden looked like they do not like each other. What is up with the same starters getting injured all the time? Burfict jumping into stands was Idiotic! Looked like he hurt his back there. A lot of holding and pass interference not called.

I noticed that "cold shoulder" hand shake, also. I even reversed to see it again. After that, ML stopped and greeted a 'Skin's intern very warmly.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Except being unable to win the game by putting the ball in the end zone with a 1st and goal from the 8...he did just fine.

Go with 2 QB's and try again with someone else next season.
          Hes got a lot of work ahead of him, no doubt.
          And my only impression of him was this game. I was mainly referring to what i thought I saw in terms of physical skills. Moxie intangibles who knows?
          Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Gotcha. That last set of downs completely soured me on him. Of course, he was with his fellow scrubs, but those four downs were simply awful from an execution standpoint. That was the closest thing to a layup to be given anyone--and zip took place.

A good barometer as to just how effective he can be when he has to go out there for real. Wouldn't waste a roster spot on him...just go with 2 QB's.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Gotcha. That last set of downs completely soured me on him. Of course, he was with his fellow scrubs, but those four downs were simply awful from an execution standpoint. That was the closest thing to a layup to be given anyone--and zip took place.

A good barometer as to just how effective he can be when he has to go out there for real. Wouldn't waste a roster spot on him...just go with 2 QB's.
              They were able to do the QB read option all the way down the field, I'm not sure why they gave up that up at the 8 yard line, or atleast used it as some sort of play action fake to hit a TE in the middle of the field.

Comment

He completely missed a receiver at the goal line (cannot recall what down it was) in order to attempt a progression of that read-option. He is just a free-lance, almost all-run, type. I wish he were a Bobby Douglass sort...but he's not even that good to hold a valuable roster spot.

Comment

He completely missed a receiver at the goal line (cannot recall what down it was) in order to attempt a progression of that read-option. He is just a free-lance, almost all-run, type. I wish he were a Bobby Douglass sort...but he's not even that good to hold a valuable roster spot.
                  On our last play there was an open receiver at the goal line. Instead of firing it in there he lofts a prayer to a double covered guy at the back of the end zone. Dumb decision

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                    On our last play there was an open receiver at the goal line. Instead of firing it in there he lofts a prayer to a double covered guy at the back of the end zone. Dumb decision
                    Ahem.
                    At least it wasn't a pick six, lol. I wouldn't shit can a guy based on one play. But maybe one play defines you this liw on the depth chart this late in preseason.
                    Which begs the question of how much talent is missed every year by every team. It is what it is i spise.
                    Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
                      Ahem.
                      At least it wasn't a pick six, lol. I wouldn't shit can a guy based on one play. But maybe one play defines you this liw on the depth chart this late in preseason.
                      Which begs the question of how much talent is missed every year by every team. It is what it is i spise.
                      I'm not shit canning him at all. I'd like to keep him for after McCarron leaves. There's just so few opportunities for us fans to evaluate these guys. You can't very well evaluate NFL QBs on how they run the read option

Comment

I don't think Driskel can replace McCarron as the back-up. I still think McCarron will be with the Bengals next year since he didn't accrue a year's service as a rookie.
                        Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

And that is why they should go with two QB's.

Comment

Driskel is going to be picked up by somebody if they cut him. Well, I will be surprised if he is not. I am shocked McCarron is not asking to be traded. I guess ole boy does not want to start somewhere.
                            "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Given he hasn't looked that much better than Driskel this preseason, I doubt few would be listening to any plea for a trade.

Why does anybody give a tinkers damn about these backups anyway? There will be more next preseason.

Comment

I just thought driskel was an interesting talent. Wtf dude, now we can't talk about bengals players?
                                Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Working...
                                X