Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Season Game #3 Bengals vs the Washington NFL Team

Dissect away.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

First of all, it is the Bengals vs the REDSKINS. Take that you P.C. bitches. Yes, I'm talking to you assholes at ESPN and whomever else declares themselves the P.C. Police.

As for the game, it should would be nice to see the first team offense score a touchdown and the first team defense stop someone with a 3 and out.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

So Ralph do you suppose if one of the announcers for the game was named George Custer that ESPN would reassign him?

Comment

I expect the Bengals to play extremely well, though that will mean very little other than the fact that they are capable of playing well sometimes, which we already know. Not many teams in the league would follow last week's performance with another stinker - that's just the nature of professional football. The danger here is if we do. If we look like crap this week too, then it's probably because that's simply what we are. Now I don't think that's the case, but if you look like a garbage fire two weeks in a row, either you are a garbage fire, or you have no pride, which means you may as well be a garbage fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto Bengal View Post
          I expect the Bengals to play extremely well, though that will mean very little other than the fact that they are capable of playing well sometimes, which we already know. Not many teams in the league would follow last week's performance with another stinker - that's just the nature of professional football. The danger here is if we do. If we look like crap this week too, then it's probably because that's simply what we are. Now I don't think that's the case, but if you look like a garbage fire two weeks in a row, either you are a garbage fire, or you have no pride, which means you may as well be a garbage fire.
          Or you don't give a crap about the preseason

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
            Or you don't give a crap about the preseason
            It's sad tbh. All the good coaches I ever had in my life said that you practice like you play. If you don't give a shit about your practice or your preseason play, it shows a lack of motivation and pride, and makes it harder to flip that switch when you start the regular season.

Comment

How many pre seasons have you played in?
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

LOL as many as you so his opinion weighs as much as yours. and mine for that much too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                  LOL as many as you so his opinion weighs as much as yours. and mine for that much too.

LOL

"Out of order !!"

"Sustained"

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                    How many pre seasons have you played in?
                    You make these types of comments all the time... but it is not a matter of the level of competition, it's a principle.

His comment is also a logical fallacy, called appeal to authority.

Not to mention the irony that he started the thread in which he said, "Dissect away."

I sure hope this isn't going to be something to deal with all season. You can't make an opinion without a smartass comment. Can you put a Mod on ignore?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                      Yep, we all are presumably Bengals fans here and are allowed to express our opinions. Personal comments that are not even related to the team are useless, especially ones that are along the lines of, "If you have never played in the NFL then your opinion doesn't matter" type. If that's how it is then NONE of us can post our opinion.

I just don't want to have these types of petty fights and arguments all the time. It's just ridiculous.

Since my opinion doesn't matter, maybe one from a coach many consider one of the best in Pro Football history would.

vincelombardi138158.jpg

Comment

its a valid question ... dont get so excited. just because he's the so called authority does not mean he is forfeiting his right to express a dissenting opinion, or sarcastic remarks.

realistically WTF do any of us know about preseason playing/preparation at the nfl level. I think we all can agree what we seen from most the bengals in the 2nd they dont know either or didnt bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                          You make these types of comments all the time... but it is not a matter of the level of competition, it's a principle.

His comment is also a logical fallacy, called appeal to authority.

Not to mention the irony that he started the thread in which he said, "Dissect away."

I sure hope this isn't going to be something to deal with all season. You can't make an opinion without a smartass comment. Can you put a Mod on ignore?
                          In answer to your last question..the answer is no. But.. I don't get to ignore you either. Suffer the little children I suppose.

Always love a Vince quote though--answers and confirms virtually all aspects of life. And, by the way...mine was a question, not a comment. Thus "appeal to authority" is a non sequitur. A simple "none" would have sufficed. I haven't played in any pre seasons either, just for the record.

So, what about this upcoming game tomorrow?
                          Last edited by Le Tigre; 08-26-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                            LOL

"Out of order !!"

"Sustained"
                            De minimis non curat lex. (The law does not concern itself with the smallest of things).

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                              In answer to your last question..the answer is no. But.. I don't get to ignore you either. Suffer the little children I suppose.

Always love a Vince quote though--answers and confirms virtually all aspects of life. And, by the way...mine was a question, not a comment. Thus "appeal to authority" is a non sequitur. A simple "none" would have sufficed. I haven't played in any pre seasons either, just for the record.

So, what about this upcoming game tomorrow?
                              Good try, but everyone knows what your motivation was for asking your "question." And yes it is considered appeal to authority because your "question" is trying to set forth the idea that unless someone has played in an NFL preseason game they can not comment on how important they are to play well in.

Really, I would expect given your profession you would be able to take the high road at some point... hell even given your status as a mod I'd expect it. How about this since I can't ignore you, and you think I act like a child, how about you just don't respond to my posts and I don't respond to your's? Especially if all you are going to do is make smart ass comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X