Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Apparently during the Kansas City game he had an illegal hit on the FB which I didn't notice nor did I hear anything about. Now ESPN is saying he is appealing a 5 game suspension. The NFL is really out to get him. They want to fu ck the Bengals any chance they get.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...on-illegal-hit

Fu ck Goodell. He has taken this suspension thing over the top with Zeke Elliot and now Burfict. I would support a player strike if it meant weakening Goodell's power.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Has anyone actually seen this hit? I have yet to see a video of it anywhere.

Comment

I just saw it on NFL Network. Deep pass down the field, FB coming out of the backfield looking back for a possible dumpoff, Burfict launches himself at him in a play that would have been normal football ten years ago. Apparently, ML and brass have sent a letter/appeal to the NFL office saying that Burfict hit him in the shoulder with his shoulder or something like that. I was cleaning up vinyl rips at the time and it was on in the background after the Bengals/Redskins replay so I didn't catch the whole report. Basically a play the might merit a possible one game suspension but since Burfict has a history, Five games.

I see four games, maybe down to three after appeals.

It happens but his style of football needs to change or he'll be out of the league.
        Only users lose drugs

Comment

It was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. It shouldn't be a penalty.

Comment

how the hell do you suspend a guy for a hit in the PREseason? is preseason not PRACTICE?

NFL is an absolute JOKE!!
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
              It was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. It shouldn't be a penalty.
              It was after the ball was thrown and he launched himself at him up high. It's asking for a penalty or fine.
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

borderline hit that burflict has to be careful of. if he was a stooler he'd get an award for it , since he's a bengal its a suspension.

nice to see the Team put a statement backing him immediately out rather then play the good quiet yes men of the past though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                  It was after the ball was thrown and he launched himself at him up high. It's asking for a penalty or fine.
                  First he didn't launch himself into him. He simply gave him a shoulder. Second it was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage which is within the chuck zone for receivers... the guy he hit said it was a legal hit, and lastly there was no flag on the play.

Comment

First he didn't launch himself into him. He simply gave him a shoulder. Second it was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage which is within the chuck zone for receivers... the guy he hit said it was a legal hit, and lastly there was no flag on the play.
                    Flag or no flag, it doesn't matter, according to the NFL Bengal players are not allowed to tackle hard, only steelers and ravens, and broncos and pretty much any other team in the league.

Comment

The play was totally legal. I don't see how the hell the NFL can suspend someone for a play that didn't garner a flag. To claim the guy was defenseless is ABSURD. The tape is vague to see. You can't suspend a player based on inadequate evidence. Goodell must go and along with it the panziness the NFL has become.
                      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

the refs dont see everything so whether there was a flag doesnt matter, we've seen a few hits on qbs etc that didnt result in a fine due to the fact it wasnt grievious or shouldnt been a flag.. they miss stuff. so i am ok with this. its the slow motion over scrutinization of plays and then deciding the intent of a player making split decisions at real time.

you can not expect a player that has the responsibility of back coverage, he has to watch the back ( is he blocking , delay route, delayed pitch etc.) not the qb ... def players that watch qbs while in coverage get burnt. if the rb was within the 5yd area, hit in a legal area (shoulder) with a legal area ( shoulder pad). this is only a issue cause its burflict (bad rap - mostly deserved) and its the bengals( never stand up in public against the NFL )

Comment

it was a legal play.....any receiver running a crossing route is allowed to be chucked by a defender as long as it's within the 5 yards allowed, which it clearly was.......no hit to the head, no leading with the helmet, no complaints from the receiver that got hit, no complaints from the opposing coaches, no flag thrown by the referees, etc......this was CLEARLY a BS call by the league office in their attempt to "clean up" the game by targeting a player that they deem to be "dirty"......it's complete bullshit and the Bengals have every right to be fuming mad since the league just took away their best defensive player for no REAL reason whatsoever.....complete and utter bullshit!.
                          potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                          QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                          OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ame-suspension
                            If you go to the latest NFL.com story about it, They have a clip of the Rich Eisen interview the the VP of officials and he says that there is a new "defenseless receiver" rule that's in effect this season.

It also has this Ian Rapoport tweet
                            Vontaze Burfict’s suspension is based on…1: Him hitting with his shoulder & helmet to Anthony Sherman’s head & neck area. 2: Repeat offender

First: You can see both feet in the air = Translation - launched. That's an NFL office term
                            Second: The ball was in the air = doesn't matter if he's within 5 yards. If the ball is tipped, different story
                            Third: Like you and me, Sherman is not a referee
                            Lastly: Refs miss penalties all of time. Elliot had the charges dropped, 6 games for not going to jail
                            Only users lose drugs

Comment

and now espn has a story up saying maybe the hit was legal.

appeal results will probaly be since hit was legal they will lower susp to 1 game due to past record......

Comment

Working...
                              X