No announcement yet.

Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burfict is an aggressive player who plays right on the edge. A perfect player 10 or 15 years ago (or last week if he was a Steeler). But these days, we can all whine about the game being soft but the fact is - it is and getting softer. This is a new rule so there should be some time to get the players onside with it, they have many years of instinctive play build into them. That to me is a major issue with these new rules - they expect 100% compliance instantly but these guys have muscle memory that allows them to play at an elite level - this cannot be simply turned on and off.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

If Burfict is suspended, he and the Bengals should defy the league and play anyway. I'm so PISSED off at the NFL. Nobody dares say anything negative about the reprehensible behavior of Kaepernick. He's given a pass for trashing the flag, our government and our police officer. He's trash, but won't be suspended. Burfict is Dick Butkus. A football player's player. Screw the NFL and their coddling ways. Just put damn flags on them and put them in skirts. So sick of this emphasis on player safety!
      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        IF this suspension gets upheld, there is simply no sense in signing Burfict long term?
        Why? Whether the corrupt NFL "upholds" the suspension is immaterial--you don't want to keep your best defensive player? That is just plain silly.

We aren't talking about Josh Gordon...or even Adam Jones...in view of suspension terms--we are talking about a hard-nose/balls-out/on-the-field PLAYER.

Again, just silly talk.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Why? Whether the corrupt NFL "upholds" the suspension is immaterial--you don't want to keep your best defensive player? That is just plain silly.

We aren't talking about Josh Gordon...or even Adam Jones...in view of suspension terms--we are talking about a hard-nose/balls-out/on-the-field PLAYER.

Again, just silly talk.
          I think it's a reasonable discussion. He's tremendously physically and football sense talented. He's tremendously incapable of seeing the bigger picture ( WIN ) and contain his rage within the boundaries of what the NFL will allow.

As for "Best Defensive Player", he's not a player at all when he's not even allowed on the sideline during games. That matters and feeds into the calculus of "best". Note that two of our most impactful DEF players are barely and not always able to avoid emotional discipline type penalties.
          ///M
          The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post

Again, just silly talk.
            well he's at five games now for some BS preseason hit so they obviously have it in for him...how long before they suspend him for a year, one more subjective, "unnecessary" hit?

after that then what, one more hit and he's gone for life?

yes they have that kind of power.
            Last edited by spicoli; 08-29-2017, 09:05 PM.
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

sign him he doesnt count to wards the cap/roster while suspended, just keep the signing bonus decent and the base at mininum (so the league can get much) with incentives easily attainable if he plays for 12-14 weeks to make the overall good for a player of his talent. with play off bonuses if he isnt suspended

Comment

Originally posted by CinciFan View Post
                I think it's a reasonable discussion. He's tremendously physically and football sense talented. He's tremendously incapable of seeing the bigger picture ( WIN ) and contain his rage within the boundaries of what the NFL will allow.

As for "Best Defensive Player", he's not a player at all when he's not even allowed on the sideline during games. That matters and feeds into the calculus of "best". Note that two of our most impactful DEF players are barely and not always able to avoid emotional discipline type penalties.
                Supposedly he only had one personal foul penalty all of last year. Seems to me he's controlling his rage just fine. Seeing as how closely they're watching him, to have but one PF is really quite remarkable

Comment

Burfict is the best "half season" linebacker in the NFL

They need another good "half season" LB to replace him yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                    Burfict is an aggressive player who plays right on the edge. A perfect player 10 or 15 years ago (or last week if he was a Steeler). But these days, we can all whine about the game being soft but the fact is - it is and getting softer. This is a new rule so there should be some time to get the players onside with it, they have many years of instinctive play build into them. That to me is a major issue with these new rules - they expect 100% compliance instantly but these guys have muscle memory that allows them to play at an elite level - this cannot be simply turned on and off.
                    So what does the league want him to do different? I thought one of the aims in the secondary is to separate the player from the ball?
                    I guess well just start throwing basketball rules in there. Blocks and charges. All position..
                    Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Originally posted by CinciFan View Post

What? He wasn't even FLAGGED on the stupid play. He was exactly where he was supposed to be, defensive position-wise. I just saw an analysis of that play along with an identical pass defense situation this past Sunday. This time, the FB catches the pass, Vontaze is right there for the SAME TACKLE.

Don't you go eating up this fake news blitz...you are too damn smart for that.
                      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                        Burfict is the best "half season" linebacker in the NFL

They need another good "half season" LB to replace him yearly.
                        Figured you would side with the corrupt NFL. They are always right, of course.

Your hero, Mike Mitchell, should have a 20-game suspension by now...but your pure-as-the-driven-snow league just seems to miss his act, wouldn't you say?

Comment

It is a reasonable discussion on cost/benefit for a future LARGE contract. Tough call - inspirational leader, talented but has had some injuries (concussions as well) and is a walking red flag from the league's perspective. Regardless of what we all think of his suspensions, they have happened and there very well could be more. Cost/benefit analysis is tough on this one.
                          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Suspension reduced to 3 games. That still ####ing sucks especially given how rough the first 4 games of the year are.

I think the NFL planned this all along. Give him a 5 game suspension and then still suspend him for 3 games or so to punish him and the Bengals but still save face. Fu cking crooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              Fu cking crooks.
                              No truer words
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

The Bengals and the front office really need to take a stand on this. I'd protest by forfeiting the 4th preseason game, and tell the NFL they fear losing players to injury or suspensions in a meaningless game.

Comment

Working...
                                X