No announcement yet.

Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NFL is joke. Jon Runyan is the NFL man that handed out the suspension. In his letter to Burfict, he goes on and on about his cheap hits the last couple of years.... Flash back to 2007-2008, Shawn Merriman and other defenders names "Jon Runyan" dirtiest player in the NFL.... I'm pretty sure Bill Romanowski is in charge of player conduct!

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
      For once the management team, including and especially Brown,, needs publicly vociferously and aggressively fight this with every fiber of their being.
      IMHO this "ruling" is a bunch of crap.
      I agree with you it's a bunch of crap. However, just what exactly is MB supposed to do? Take it to court? Many have tried already and it has been tossed out or the courts are to busy with real problems and uphold the sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
        I agree with you it's a bunch of crap. However, just what exactly is MB supposed to do? Take it to court? Many have tried already and it has been tossed out or the courts are to busy with real problems and uphold the sentence...
        Well if too many cases start going to the courts, eventually the government might get fed up enough to tell the NFL to get their shit together or they lose their federal anti-trust exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
          What was burfict supposed to do differently on that particular play? What would you tell him ss a coach?

I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.

Comment

Basically, just stop playing then?

Why don't you watch this "hit"--still not being rule defined by the omniscient NFL--and then piously tell everyone what he should or shouldn't do?

And wtf seriously is this odd statement about the NCAA? They never had one movement against him plus or minus.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
              Basically, just stop playing then?

Why don't you watch this "hit"--still not being rule defined by the omniscient NFL--and then piously tell everyone what he should or shouldn't do?

I was asked what would I tell him if I were the coach.

Quit being an ass.

Comment

Didn't Burfict only have ONE PF last year? Seems to me he has adjusted how and when he hits.

Comment

"Ass"? when you make unsubstantiated nonsense statements like:

"(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)"

They didn't--and they never so much as acted in any way plus or minus against him. And I am the "ass"?

It's OK. I am not going to respond to your commentary on this any longer. You know everything.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
                    Didn't Burfict only have ONE PF last year? Seems to me he has adjusted how and when he hits.
                    yes, that's exactly right....one penalty the entire season last year.
                    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Game has changed so players need to adapt. Players like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu would also have trouble these days as a lot of their big hits are illegal by today's standard.

Adapt or leave - same for the players, same for the coaches, same for the fans.

For me personally, the game is being ruined by all the frivolous calls and coaches challenges more so than it is taking away the big hits.
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

I STRONGLY urge ML and the Bengals to DEFY the NFL and play Burfict. Give them the big middle finger. Time to stand up for what is right instead of deferring to the cock suckers in the NFL.
                        Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

lol....tell us how you really feel ralph
                          potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                          QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                          OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

No rule was broken. It was a football play. NFL is out to get Burfict and the Bengals. Time for Mikey to stand up to Goodell. He is his boss after all. We need Bob Kraft, Jerry Jones and Mike Brown to tell Goodell to stop it with his power trip over player discipline. In any new CBA all player discipline for ANY infraction should be heard by an arbitrator selected by the NFL, NFLPA and yes, the fans. Anyone that forks over a dollar to the NFL should have a say in how the game operates. It is after all for our entertainment. Minus our dollars, the NFL dries up and withers.
                            Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                              IMHO, I would go to court over this one. Marvin is on the rules committee and he said it was a legal hit, he laid it out step by step in the link I posted in a previous post.

Burfict is being targeted by the NFL and the press, some of it is justified, e.g., his ball grabbing and ankle twisting, some of it is not, i.e., the hit on Brown was a football play. The fact he only had one penalty called on him last year is proof he has or is definitely trying to clean up his act.

If the ball were thrown to the FB and Burfict didn't hit him he is 30 yards downfield. Exactly what many of you have complained about, not being able to cover the backs and TE.

This was a football play, no flags with 2 officials looking at the play and the FB, can't remember his name, saying it was a legal hit.

If the Bengals accept this ruling they are saying Burfict is a dirty player, which will be magnified by press with every hit Burfict makes, and also says Marvin does understand the rules that he emphatically stated.

Let the courts decide.

Comment

Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                                IMHO, I would go to court over this one. Marvin is on the rules committee and he said it was a legal hit, he laid it out step by step in the link I posted in a previous post.

Burfict is being targeted by the NFL and the press, some of it is justified, e.g., his ball grabbing and ankle twisting, some of it is not, i.e., the hit on Brown was a football play. The fact he only had one penalty called on him last year is proof he has or is definitely trying to clean up his act.

If the ball were thrown to the FB and Burfict didn't hit him he is 30 yards downfield. Exactly what many of you have complained about, not being able to cover the backs and TE.

This was a football play, no flags with 2 officials looking at the play and the FB, can't remember his name, saying it was a legal hit.

If the Bengals accept this ruling they are saying Burfict is a dirty player, which will be magnified by press with every hit Burfict makes, and also says Marvin does understand the rules that he emphatically stated.

Let the courts decide.
                                I said in another thread that he should do it, but it is because of the NFL's unfair attitude towards him it will cost him millions of dollars in his next contract. Teams are going to low-ball him because of fear that the NFL will be watching him more than all other players looking for a way to suspend him.

It would be similar to the Maurice Clarrett case, where Clarrett, the NFL was stopping him from making a living, but in Burfict's case the rules are a lot more arbitrary, allowing too much room for individuals and the NFL to biased.

Comment

Working...
                                X