Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Mikey is far too comfortable napping in the corner office to raise a stink.
    lol

You forgot about him counting up his extra GM Bonus too.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

I have said it so many times over the years, Goodell is a Stooler! Anyway he can help stop a conference opponent from beating his Stoolers he will do it. No matter how little it may seem. Also, look all over the internet with Stooler fans and they will say Burfict is the dirtiest player in the NFL and deserves everything he gets in punishments. Is that the Pot calling the Kettle Black or what?
      "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
        I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.
        Lima, since when are 5 game suspensions handed out for unflagged plays in the preseason where no blows to the head occurred? The NFL doesn't get a pass on this because it's Burfict. They still have to have a reasonable case. Burfict only had one personal foul last yr. He's not the out of control player he's made out to be

Comment

Game has changed so players need to adapt. Players like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu would also have trouble these days as a lot of their big hits are illegal by today's standard.

Adapt or leave - same for the players, same for the coaches, same for the fans.

For me personally, the game is being ruined by all the frivolous calls and coaches challenges more so than it is taking away the big hits.
          Once again Burfict's one PF for all of last yr shows he's adapted. Quite frankly if his play vs KC is a suspendable offense then there will be suspensions after every NFL game this season

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
            Lima, since when are 5 game suspensions handed out for unflagged plays in the preseason where no blows to the head occurred? The NFL doesn't get a pass on this because it's Burfict. They still have to have a reasonable case. Burfict only had one personal foul last yr. He's not the out of control player he's made out to be
            Very well sald

Comment

I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.
              So he was just supposed to hang back and let the FB make the catch. Maybe the question is how much to pay a defender who is being hamstrung by the league. I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with his approach on this play. Can you?
              Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
                So he was just supposed to hang back and let the FB make the catch. Maybe the question is how much to pay a defender who is being hamstrung by the league. I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with his approach on this play. Can you?
                All I know is that BEFORE he came into the league, every team in the NFL passed on him seven times in the draft, for the very same reasons - his personal foul's cause him to get suspended.

He is a marked man, like it or not, right or wrong. If he refuses to adjust, then he is not going to get to play much.

Bitching about the league is not going to change that. Only Burfict, himself, can change anything.

He can review film of every play that he has been called on, both in college and pro, and see if he could have done anything different.

It might suck, but what other options are there?

Comment

The NFL can be consumed in a volcanic blast...but that option is, unfortunately, out of our hands.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Two years ago, Burfict singlehandly denied the Stillers a super bowl title - injuring Rapistberger, Bell, and Brown.

It made him the most hated player in the league.

And a Bengal legend. Bravo.

Comment

All I know is that BEFORE he came into the league, every team in the NFL passed on him seven times in the draft, for the very same reasons - his personal foul's cause him to get suspended.

He is a marked man, like it or not, right or wrong. If he refuses to adjust, then he is not going to get to play much.

Bitching about the league is not going to change that. Only Burfict, himself, can change anything.

He can review film of every play that he has been called on, both in college and pro, and see if he could have done anything different.

It might suck, but what other options are there?
                      Once again, he got one personal foul penalty last year and that's with his being the focus of every official's attention. That's as clean as it gets in the NFL. Tell me how you figure that he refuses to adjust?

He has adjusted yet the league is still on his case. That's the rub

Comment

You guys will love this

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/1...-plays-twitter
                        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Ben could have really hurt that guy the way he was twisting and rolling up his leg.

Comment

that's unbelievable....had Burfict done ANY of those things, he'd be suspended for the rest of the year and on his way out of the league.
                            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Sadly it's all too believable.

Comment

Originally posted by UKTiger View Post
                                Sadly it's all too believable.
                                agreed.

so does anyone here still not believe that Burfict/Bengals are being held to a different standard??
                                potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                                QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                                OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Working...
                                X