Preseason Game #4 Bengals at Indianapolis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I'm still leaning towards Elliott. I think he has more upside.
    I honestly have no clue who I'd keep. The Bengals obviously saw enough in Elliott from tapes and working him out to think he was worth a 5th round pick, but he's been flat out beat out by Bullock this preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
      I'm still leaning towards Elliott. I think he has more upside.
      The Bengals wouldn't have spent a 5th round pick on Elliot if they were sold on Bullock, and it doesn't look like Bullock did anything to change that. I think ol' Randy's journey continues.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
        I know he's had a great pre-season, but does anyone here really trust Bullock? he's no spring chicken, I'm guessing he's had more than a few really good pre-seasons in his illustrious career.

Bullock is what he is....a journeyman....I think I might be tempted to hold onto the kid instead, if I were in charge..
        Bullock lost a game for us last year and he lost tonight. He is a journeyman. I'd take my chances with Elliott

Comment

Horrible game, especially if you're a Bengal fan. Pretty much no big plays for your team. Your one position that was up for grabs had 3 chances to win the game and missed on all 3. Your #1 pick got hurt (hopefully just precautionary). Your defense gave up a TD to a hapless offense. Boring game and a losing one. Burn this tape

Comment

Watching this kicking battle reminds me of the time I had two women fighting over me . . . the loser got stuck with my sorry ass! "You take him!" "No. You take him!" "But you two look cute together." "Low blow! It's on, bitch!"

I can see it on the sidelines late in the 4th quarter
            Bullock: "Shit. That last miss probably cost me a job."
            Elliot: "Hold my beer."
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Why the hell was Ross even in the game? I know he has rust to shake off, but really? Risking #1 pick in a meaningless game is stupidity. It was bad enough McCarron had to essentially play the whole game. This is precisely why we need to get rid of at least one if not two pre-season games. BTW, I told you all our kickers suck and that it is not a priority for the Bengals.
              Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                Why the hell was Ross even in the game? I know he has rust to shake off, but really? Risking #1 pick in a meaningless game is stupidity. It was bad enough McCarron had to essentially play the whole game. This is precisely why we need to get rid of at least one if not two pre-season games. BTW, I told you all our kickers suck and that it is not a priority for the Bengals.
                I know he's a first round pick, but he's not a starter yet, and you can't make him one without seeing him on the field for more than a half. Had he played in each of the first three games, then sure. The plan seems to have been for him to get a few touches and then take him out. It was bad luck. You can't bubble wrap him - there's no other way in my mind.

As for the kickers, it's not a great scenario. What we know, however, is that Bullock is never going to be a clutch kicker in Cincinnati. He may have a great season somewhere else, but he can't win games for the Bengals. It's in his head. Kickers are weird that way - like goalies, closers, and hypnotists. The kid might also be a dud for the Bengals. Missing those last two kicks wasn't ideal, but he did strike that 60-yarder well. I think we have to keep him for now.

Comment

The problem with Ross isn't that he played. What worries me is how he got banged up on such a routine NFL tackle. How's he going to stay healthy in the NFL? This doesn't bode well for his future. This was my primary concern when we drafted him

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                    The problem with Ross isn't that he played. What worries me is how he got banged up on such a routine NFL tackle. How's he going to stay healthy in the NFL? This doesn't bode well for his future. This was my primary concern when we drafted him
                    Exactly, the question isn't why was he on the field, it is why do you draft a 180 something pound player with a history of injuries in the first round? I am afraid he is going to be broken in two the first time he takes a NFL hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X