Official Season Prediction Poll 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Season Prediction Poll 2017

Will the Bengals be 6-10 at best or can they right the ship and return to the playoffs? What sayeth your crystal ball?
    0-16
    0.00%
    1-15
    0.00%
    2-14
    5.26%
    3-13
    5.26%
    5-12
    0.00%
    6-10 (it's true! it's true!)
    5.26%
    7-9
    0.00%
    8-8
    10.53%
    9-7
    10.53%
    10-6
    42.11%
    11-5
    15.79%
    12-4
    0.00%
    13-3
    5.26%
    14-2
    0.00%
    15-1
    0.00%
    16-0
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ravens - W
    Texans (Thurs) - W
    @Packers - L
    @Browns - W
    Bills - W
    @Steelers - L
    Colts - W
    @Jags - W
    @Titans - L
    @Broncos - L
    Browns - W
    Steelers (Monday Night) - L
    Bears - W
    @Vikings - W
    Lions - W
    @Ravens - L

10-6 and a wildcard.

Comment

10-6 because the experts say 9-7 with stoolers sweeping us. unless the league helps them, that aint gonna happen.

Comment

Really surprised I came up with 10 wins.
        Dona eis Requiem

Comment

WOW!! After looking over our schedule I don't see anyone better than the Bengals. Will we lose games? Yes we will. Who will we lose against? I don't know. The best team we play is 11-5. In other years we played several teams with better records than that. Last year we had 4 teams who were 10-6 or better with 2 teams 12-4. We play only two teams with 10-6 or better.
          We are only two years from us being 12-4. Last year we had multiple injuries that really hurt the team. We lost 3 games by 2 points or less. Win those we are 9-6-1. Win the tie and we are 10-6.
          My question before preseason was OLine. Not anymore. The line isn't a problem and could be even better than last year. Wow only 3 Running backs? Hell yes!!! why have more than that when who you have could gain a thousand yards if they were the main back. Our running backs can run, block and catch.
          How many TE's? Five. Are you kidding me? Yes because one will be waived and head to practice squad. Again we have 4 that can block and 3 that are really good receivers and one is one of tops in the league.
          How many wideouts? Seven. And not just bodies. Green is having his best camp ever. Boyd is having a better camp than anyone according to Duke Tobin. John Ross will open up the routes for other until he it is his time for the ball. Ericson could be another Edelman but will backup Boyd unless we go 4 wide. LaFell and Core are good and Malone shows real promise. And could start in a year with another team.
          And our defense is top 10 in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
            WOW!! After looking over our schedule I don't see anyone better than the Bengals. Will we lose games? Yes we will. Who will we lose against? I don't know. The best team we play is 11-5. In other years we played several teams with better records than that. Last year we had 4 teams who were 10-6 or better with 2 teams 12-4. We play only two teams with 10-6 or better.
            We are only two years from us being 12-4. Last year we had multiple injuries that really hurt the team. We lost 3 games by 2 points or less. Win those we are 9-6-1. Win the tie and we are 10-6.
            My question before preseason was OLine. Not anymore. The line isn't a problem and could be even better than last year. Wow only 3 Running backs? Hell yes!!! why have more than that when who you have could gain a thousand yards if they were the main back. Our running backs can run, block and catch.
            How many TE's? Five. Are you kidding me? Yes because one will be waived and head to practice squad. Again we have 4 that can block and 3 that are really good receivers and one is one of tops in the league.
            How many wideouts? Seven. And not just bodies. Green is having his best camp ever. Boyd is having a better camp than anyone according to Duke Tobin. John Ross will open up the routes for other until he it is his time for the ball. Ericson could be another Edelman but will backup Boyd unless we go 4 wide. LaFell and Core are good and Malone shows real promise. And could start in a year with another team.
            And our defense is top 10 in the league.
            On paper, this is a very good roster. I am still concerned about the o-line, especially Bodine and the tackles (I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games). I think Fisher and Ogbuehi will be improved, but have they improved enough? I don't know. As for the skill players on offense, everything rests on how Marvin and Zampese use them. How will the RBs be used? Are they going to insist Hill get the start even though Mixon is head and shoulders above him? How will they use Ross? Will he be a gimmick to be used on two or three end-arounds and deep routes or will he get some consistent targets? Can Eifert stay healthy for once?

I figure Dalton is good for at least two or three off days (games in which he overthrows everyone, throws a couple INTs, etc.). There will be couple games in which the defense wears down and can't get get a stop late. Marvin's clock management will probably cost us a game. And there is always that one game where the whole team is just off and nothing goes right.

Comment

Which you could substitute names and say virtually the same thing about any other NFL team.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                On paper, this is a very good roster. I am still concerned about the o-line, especially Bodine and the tackles (I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games). I think Fisher and Ogbuehi will be improved, but have they improved enough? I don't know. As for the skill players on offense, everything rests on how Marvin and Zampese use them. How will the RBs be used? Are they going to insist Hill get the start even though Mixon is head and shoulders above him? How will they use Ross? Will he be a gimmick to be used on two or three end-arounds and deep routes or will he get some consistent targets? Can Eifert stay healthy for once?

I figure Dalton is good for at least two or three off days (games in which he overthrows everyone, throws a couple INTs, etc.). There will be couple games in which the defense wears down and can't get get a stop late. Marvin's clock management will probably cost us a game. And there is always that one game where the whole team is just off and nothing goes right.
                You forgot that the kicker will cost us at least one game.

Comment

Much as I hate to agree with the Enquirer pundits (both who said 8-8) , I have concerns about the OL that are not enough to offset the influence of our added weapons enough to put us in the playoffs.
                  "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                    Much as I hate to agree with the Enquirer pundits (both who said 8-8) , I have concerns about the OL that are not enough to offset the influence of our added weapons enough to put us in the playoffs.
                    i do agree with this, i am hoping that the def can hold us in the games being as we are playing less elite teams and more the average -above average team this year. we lost a couple last year while being set up for the winning score or through missed points. if the 1st couple times that happens this year go our way we can get back to expecting to win rather the even older finding new ways to play good but lose.

heres to more ugly wins and fewer well played losses.

Comment

As most of us have said all off-season, the offensive line will dictate our success/failure. I was impressed with them in the preseason. If they can look as good when teams start throwing exotic blitzes at us and ramping up the intensity, then we can play with just about anyone. There is so much talent on this roster, but none of it matters if the o-line is a no-show. I'm hoping for 10-6, but we really could fall anywhere from 8-8 to 12-5.

Comment

12-5?

Comment

I think he's calling for another 1st round loss

I went with 11-5
                          Only users lose drugs

Comment

9-7

vs BAL = L
                            vs HOU = L
                            @ GB = L
                            @ CLE = W
                            vs BUF = W
                            @ PIT = L
                            vs IND = W
                            @ JAX = W
                            @ TEN = L
                            @ DEN = L
                            vs CLE = W
                            vs PIT = L
                            vs CHI = W
                            @ MIN = W
                            vs DET = W
                            @ BAL = W
                            ///M
                            The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

USA doesn't agree with my prediction in their power rating. #25 give me a break http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...anntp#image=17

Comment

Working...
                              X