Game Day Thread: Rats vs Bengals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spotto View Post
    I hate to say this, but we have not been that bad on offense since Jon Kitna was behind centre.
    actually i think it compares pretty much exactly like the last time they let their OL go. imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
      Bro, did you understand my post? He didn't give Ogbuehi any help. He didn't line up a TE on his side most of the time nor did he have a RB chipping him.
      ok great, that plugs one leak (maybe), now what about the rest of them??

OGB was just one of 5 problems up front.

I don't know what any OC could do with the mess up front Zamp had dumped in his lap.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Quote from a Seahawks fan at the sports bar just before kickoff . . .
        "I tell you a team to look out for, Baltimore. Their defense is stellar and they're gonna run and run and run with multiple RBs. It's gonna be boring to watch, but they have a stingy defense to keep them in a lot of games."
        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post

Suggs literally owned Ogbuehi and was a difference in the game.

He had 6 tackles, 5 solo, 2 sacks, 1 tackle for a loss, a pass deflection, a QB hit, and a forced fumble.

Comment

Face it, they blew it on Fisher and Ogbuehi. Look at Dennard giving up an easy 48 yard touchdown like he was a rookie.

I'm not surprised though, Harbaugh is a way better coach than Lewis. Whenever we play a solid team at the beginning of the season, Lewis has been always out-coached and we always come out flat. Suggs had his way with the offense and made life miserable for Dalton. And yeah, I was wondering why they kept putting no running back on the other side to chip or double-team Suggs. These coaches think up these clever schemes. Choose an identity and stick with it. The offense is trying to do WAY too much. I think there is actually too many weapons if that makes any sense and we're bogged down trying to get everybody a touch or involved in the offense. What is the defense giving you and what is your absolute best strength at offense. Throw your strength at their defense and see if they can stop. Don't throw a bunch of things out there and see what works.

Comment

lol OGB was the biggest leak, didnt engage suggs on the tipped pass/int and let suggs blow around him for the fumble. , fisher not much better and probally a 3 way tie for the next suck ass OL award.

guess its a good thing we saved a million and let Whitworth go. i think saving 2 turnovers are worth a mil.

Comment

We saved the money and gave it to Burfict whose missed 23 games since 2014 and has a degenerative knee.

Comment

Breaking News: Mike Brown just signed Marvin Lewis to a 3 year contract extension.

Comment

Let's just say that I used a lot of unladylike language at the bar today, and some of it was quite loud. OL sucked, Dalton sucked and I'm not sure he has any confidence in his receivers other than Green because he kept trying to force the ball his way. News flash to the coaches, teams are going to try to take away Green. Do you think that maybe, you might try throwing to someone other than Green?
                    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post

I don't know what any OC could do with the mess up front Zamp had dumped in his lap.
                      There were plenty of posters here who said we would 'design' our offense to use the skill players and minimize the inexperience of the OL. Our offense was going to be amazing! ZERO evidence of that, complete Kool-Aid.
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                        There were plenty of posters here who said we would 'design' our offense to use the skill players and minimize the inexperience of the OL. Our offense was going to be amazing! ZERO evidence of that, complete Kool-Aid.
                        and I care about none of that......just tell me what QB or OC you're gonna bring in here that will fare any better behind the o-line group that we saw today.
                        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

and I care about none of that......just tell me what QB or OC you're gonna bring in here that will fare any better behind the o-line group that we saw today.
                          I'd take Bratkowski right now over Zampese.

Comment

None and THAT was my point months ago. I said the OL would be the worst or near worst in the league and the offense would suffer for it. At best, the OL may become average by year end. It was unrealistic to expect anything from them. Another Bengal team with explosive offensive players but no commitment to the OL. Once again, Mikey and Marvin play checkers while the elite of the league play chess.
                            Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• We're still buffoons in the red-zone and worse than last year. At least last year we would come away with field attempts instead of turnovers.

When it was 17-0 and Vigil intercepted the ball, I said "Let's just put Bullock out there to kick a field goal and get a quick 3 to make it 17-3". Tobin selected Ogbuehi and Fisher, have had two years to figure out they aren't even average starters and stuck with these idiots. Bodine got thrashed too as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Yep. and those of us who said "the king has no clothes" were chastised as "bellyachers."

What up, LT? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X