Clear All

• Le Tigre
    started a topic Game Day Thread: Rats vs Bengals

Game Day Thread: Rats vs Bengals

Dissect, enjoy.

• Le Tigre
    replied
    Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Yep. and those of us who said "the king has no clothes" were chastised as "bellyachers."

What up, LT? lol

Leave a comment:

• spicoli
    replied
    Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    How does Minter get such a high grade when the Ravens were consistently getting positive run yardage.....
    Minter is solid, that defense as a whole will be among the league leaders by the time it's all said and done, IMO........provided of course that the league lets Vontaze actually play football once he comes back.

they're talented as hell, they just pretty much got hung out to dry.

Leave a comment:

• BengalCP9
    replied
    Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    How does Minter get such a high grade when the Ravens were consistently getting positive run yardage.....

Leave a comment:

• shebengal
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    The largest problem is whenever a Bengal tackles someone the ball carrier always falls forward for an extra couple of yards.
    Tackle? Tackle? The problem is that they don't, can't, and haven't tackled for years!

Leave a comment:

• I_C_DeadPeople
    replied
    PFF Grades for the game:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/1...-dalton-ravens

Leave a comment:

• I_C_DeadPeople
    replied
    Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    You rarely see that shit happen when Burfict is in there though......just a different defensive team and different mindset without him in there .
    Very true, he sets the tone. And I believe Marvin is handcuffing Guenther. He makes him play conservative instead of letting him do his own thing.

Leave a comment:

• spicoli
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    The largest problem is whenever a Bengal tackles someone the ball carrier always falls forward for an extra couple of yards.
    You rarely see that shit happen when Burfict is in there though......just a different defensive team and different mindset without him in there .

Leave a comment:

• Lewdog
    replied
    Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    The defense did play well. The scheme sucks though. The Ravens ran it on us. I swear this is linebacker play. They always play so far off the line that offensive lineman easily get off of their blocks and move to the second level. So many third and shorts and the Ravens just ran it with linebackers getting engulfed by offensive lineman. Or that's how has seemed for over 8 years now. Our linebackers are asked to do too much because we're in the bend but don't break deal.

Leave a comment:

• BengalCP9
    replied
    The defense did play well. The scheme sucks though. The Ravens ran it on us. I swear this is linebacker play. They always play so far off the line that offensive lineman easily get off of their blocks and move to the second level. So many third and shorts and the Ravens just ran it with linebackers getting engulfed by offensive lineman. Or that's how has seemed for over 8 years now. Our linebackers are asked to do too much because we're in the bend but don't break deal.

Leave a comment:

• TD Bengals
    replied
    Burn the tape and prepare for the Texans. Typical Marvin. Team not prepared, poor clock management, playing conservative when the team should be in desperation mode, etc. Bad Andy showed up in full force. I think he'll bounce back on Thursday. The poor offensive line play does not bode well for the rest of the season. All that MMA training Ogbuehi did apparently didn't do jack to improve his ability to defend against the bull rush.

I'm not ready to completely abandon ship yet, but obviously the Bengals need to play much better on Thursday night. The only bright spot is the defense only gave up 20 points despite the 5 turnovers, one of which was inside the 5 yard line. Other than the touchdown to Maclin, the Ravens didn't do anything in the air.

Leave a comment:

• LimaBengal
    replied
    None and THAT was my point months ago. I said the OL would be the worst or near worst in the league and the offense would suffer for it. At best, the OL may become average by year end. It was unrealistic to expect anything from them. Another Bengal team with explosive offensive players but no commitment to the OL. Once again, Mikey and Marvin play checkers while the elite of the league play chess.

Now, when I talk like that, I get chastised by the apologists. lol

Leave a comment:

• LimaBengal
    replied
    There were plenty of posters here who said we would 'design' our offense to use the skill players and minimize the inexperience of the OL. Our offense was going to be amazing! ZERO evidence of that, complete Kool-Aid.

Yep. and those of us who said "the king has no clothes" were chastised as "bellyachers."

What up, LT? lol

Leave a comment:

• BengalCP9
    replied
    We're still buffoons in the red-zone and worse than last year. At least last year we would come away with field attempts instead of turnovers.

When it was 17-0 and Vigil intercepted the ball, I said "Let's just put Bullock out there to kick a field goal and get a quick 3 to make it 17-3". Tobin selected Ogbuehi and Fisher, have had two years to figure out they aren't even average starters and stuck with these idiots. Bodine got thrashed too as usual.

Leave a comment:

• I_C_DeadPeople
    replied
    Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    and I care about none of that......just tell me what QB or OC you're gonna bring in here that will fare any better behind the o-line group that we saw today.
    None and THAT was my point months ago. I said the OL would be the worst or near worst in the league and the offense would suffer for it. At best, the OL may become average by year end. It was unrealistic to expect anything from them. Another Bengal team with explosive offensive players but no commitment to the OL. Once again, Mikey and Marvin play checkers while the elite of the league play chess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X