Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day Thread: Texans vs Bengals

"We're on to Houston".

Dissect, enjoy, and rest in the knowledge that your National Football League is ever concerned for its players' safety. And, its consistency in enforcement of its rules to protect their players.

"This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Oh cool! The Texans are starting a rookie at QB! That means that Marvin will not treat this like any other game and apply pressure on the young signal caller. Everybody knows, you never let young QBs get comfortable or in a groove . . . oh wait.
    Only users lose drugs

Comment

Watson will look like the next coming of Montana this week, then tank the next week.

Comment

I am less concerned about Watson and our D then I am about our OL and the Texans DL. There is potential for our OL to be eaten alive.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          I am less concerned about Watson and our D then I am about our OL and the Texans DL. There is potential for our OL to be eaten alive.
          ICD,

You and I absolutely KNEW what was going to happen in Game #1, didn't we? I pretty much figured out that when the opposing teams defenses pinned their ears back, and let the big dogs hunt, that the true nature of our O-line would be made visible, and reveal how much trouble our little Bengal team is really in. I didn't post it like you did, though, I didn't want the Kool-Aid drinkers to go on the attack. I know, I'm a coward.

After seeing the results here of Game #1, what do these guys think J.J. Watt & Company are going to do to OGB and Bodine? It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

I certainly felt some wrath from posters, mostly for being too negative. I am actually not negative or positive, just realistic. The OL situation was and is poorly managed, all the talk about using all the weapons is moot without a good OL and a good OC. Zampese has not shown he is at the same level of Hue or Gruden. yes, he may get there but in the meantime he has to deal with an inexperienced/sucky OL. I simply said that is was not realistic to expect the OL to be any good until at best the end of season. The tackles were sucking in TC so why would we expect them to suddenly be good in the regular season?

Compounding the problem last Sunday was the lack of spirit the team showed, it is so obvious that ML does not inspire this group. His time was done 2 or 3 years ago let alone now. But Mr nice guy Mikey wont shit can people in order to try and get better. We see this time and time again. Rinse and repeat. Groundhog day.

Hopefully they can play better going forward here or else we will be passed by the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
              There is also potential for them to be eaten alive, like they were against the Blake Bortles-led Jags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiDuuTQSoRo

If the damn Jags can get 155 yards rushing, and limit their (your) vaunted DL, it can't happen here? Or do you just not wish to consider anything which might get in the way of your agenda?
              Last edited by Le Tigre; 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Well here's hope.

Texans rule out four players with concussion

Sep
                9/13/2017 1:21:14 PM

| More

The Texans made it official, ruling out tight ends Ryan Griffin and Stephen Anderson and wide receiver Bruce Ellington and middle linebacker Brian Cushing due to concussions, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports..

The Texans previously placed tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz on injured reserve with a concussion.

The Texans also ruled out offensive guard Jeff Allen due to an ankle injury as well as running back Alfred Blue (high-ankle sprain) and wide receiver Will Fuller (broken collarbone).

Rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson (ankle) participated fully for the second day in a row and is poised to make his starting debut against the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                  There is also potential for them to be eaten alive, like they were against the Blake Bortles-led Jags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiDuuTQSoRo

If the damn Jags can get 155 yards rushing, and limit their (your) vaunted DL, it can't happen here? Or do you just not wish to consider anything which might get in the way of your agenda?
                  Agenda? I want the team to win but I am realistic about our chances given the state of the OL and our sub-par coaching staff.

Comment

You are side-stepping with the "realistic" stuff. You were declaring the battle over before it is fought. If you are only basing it on name-recognition, then you completely negate the facts that this vaunted group did not do anything against Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars, and just conclude that it won't happen here on Thursday.

Comment

You are side-stepping with the "realistic" stuff. You were declaring the battle over before it is fought. If you are only basing it on name-recognition, then you completely negate the facts that this vaunted group did not do anything against Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars, and just conclude that it won't happen here on Thursday.
                      after you seen what our vaunted group did (or didnt do... you know those little things like block) are you declaring that they will blow up the texans DL like the jags did? are you going to conclude that even though they couldnt do it last sun against the ravens now somehow they are going to thursday??

i am sure myself, like ICD and the others, hope they can ........but, I for one, am not gonna blindly claim our "play favorites over talent " OL coach or the "sit by and wait till its an offical losing season to do anything" ownership and coaches have turned it araound...... remember we see better than we hear....

Comment

That is a tu quoque statement. I never "concluded" anything. I refuted an absolute statement with a "check this before declaring the original declaration settled" argument.

What occurred on both lines this past Sunday, is no absolute that they will repeat. Make bets/wagers/polls/predictions but until it is done tomorrow, not one of you knows a damn thing about what will happen.

Comment

Yeah but we know LT that we just don't run the ball enough. If the OL can't make a gap, we're gonna see an Andy show.
                          Cheers for beers!

Comment

That is a tu quoque statement. I never "concluded" anything. I refuted an absolute statement with a "check this before declaring the original declaration settled" argument.

What occurred on both lines this past Sunday, is no absolute that they will repeat. Make bets/wagers/polls/predictions but until it is done tomorrow, not one of you knows a damn thing about what will happen.
                            True but we can hazard a damn good guess based on what we have seen to date. It is just like the last two playoff losses - folks said you can't judge the game by the past but the trend is there until it is not. So we continued to crew the pooch in the last two playoff losses along with the others in ML's tenure. Bad game time management and poor half time adjustments have been other trends that ML has never corrected.

Right now, i see no reason to think the OL will be fixed quickly. As I said, at best it will be a longer term work in progress. Texans have always been able to pash rush us and our OL is the weakest it has been in years. So the odds are we get run over.

Comment

A little surprised they sat Boyd tonight......hopefully Ross can manage not to get hurt.
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Working...
                              X