Holy shit what a trainwreck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit what a trainwreck

o-line is god awful and Daton has completely lost his nerve because of it......I know we're used to seeing "bad Andy" rear his ugly head every once in awhile but this is extraordinarily bad, like Andy might be done bad......at this point they might as well make the switch to McCarron who at least offers them a little mobility.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

test

Comment

Doesn't someone have to get fired over this? They've got time to fire the O coordinator or whoever. If nothing's announced in the next 48 hrs then they obviously don't care about making any meaningful changes. So if they don't care, why should we?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
        Doesn't someone have to get fired over this? They've got time to fire the O coordinator or whoever. If nothing's announced in the next 48 hrs then they obviously don't care about making any meaningful changes. So if they don't care, why should we?
        Fired? LOL. Extensions all around. ML and company are in full cliche mode. "We have to play better and we will". Blah, Blah.

This version of the team with ML at the helm was lost when we lost to the Steelers in the playoffs. Lost. The change needed to be made right there and then.

The OL situation is a complete clusterf*ck, and it did not have to be that way. Andy ONLY plays well with a good OL (as do most QB's but he has minimal pocket presence and gets antsy). Defensive coordinators on the teams we play will be licking their chops now.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Best part of the game for the offense was Bodine getting pasted by JJ Watt on the last play. What a lump of crap.

Comment

I said this in another thread....this is like the Melvin Tuten era all over again.....good times!!
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Love the way Lewis throws the D under the bus but has no issues with Dalton. Frigging moron is not even smart enough to realize how dumb he sounds.The D has played well enough to win both games.

MARVIN LEWIS

Head coach

Initial Comments ...

“It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns. I think today with the defensive side of the ball, they had an opportunity to control the game. Then we let them have the one score, then later on the field goal — the drive for the field goal there in the fourth quarter. Those are big differences in the football game. It makes a difference whether we are playing for a touchdown or a field goal in the end.

Q - The defense has played well. There was a broken play that resulted in the 49-yard touchdown, and the 48-yard play on third-and-seven last week ...

“Right. You don’t want to have those plays. If you want to be a dominant group, like they can be, you have to dominate for 60 minutes. Not 59:52.”

Q - You said you’re not worried about Andy, but would you say he’s taken a step back this season?

“No, I don’t think he’s taken a step back. I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                Love the way Lewis throws the D under the bus but has no issues with Dalton. Frigging moron is not even smart enough to realize how dumb he sounds.The D has played well enough to win both games.

MARVIN LEWIS

Head coach

Initial Comments ...

“It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns. I think today with the defensive side of the ball, they had an opportunity to control the game. Then we let them have the one score, then later on the field goal — the drive for the field goal there in the fourth quarter. Those are big differences in the football game. It makes a difference whether we are playing for a touchdown or a field goal in the end.

Q - The defense has played well. There was a broken play that resulted in the 49-yard touchdown, and the 48-yard play on third-and-seven last week ...

“Right. You don’t want to have those plays. If you want to be a dominant group, like they can be, you have to dominate for 60 minutes. Not 59:52.”

Q - You said you’re not worried about Andy, but would you say he’s taken a step back this season?

“No, I don’t think he’s taken a step back. I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing.
                Looked to me like AD lost us the game with those errant passes coming at the worst possible moment.
                Totally should have won this game.
                Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Forget McCarron, replace Dalton with a lawn chair. Let's look at the Pro's and Con's.

Pro, a lawn chair has better pocket presence.
                  Pro, a lawn chair has a better contract.
                  Pro, the lawn chair will not throw away passes on 4th down at the end of the game when the Bengals need to score or the game is over.
                  Pro, a lawn chair won't cost the team a game with bad decisions.

Con, Dalton has a better arm.
                  Con, Dalton has better mobility.

Tie, both fold under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
                    Looked to me like AD lost us the game with those errant passes coming at the worst possible moment.
                    Totally should have won this game.
                    The OL was weak but you are correct in that Bad Andy showed up and that sealed our fate. Good news is........let me think about that

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

MARVIN LEWIS

Head coach

Initial Comments ...

The offense has turned the ball over at midfield 3 times and inside the 5 yard line once in the last two weeks, but it is the defense's fault for allowing too many points? Is scoring 13 points asking too much?

Comment

The defense is above-average, top-ten even. However, the defense needs to get more turnovers. It's been awhile since we've seen a pick-6 or a fumble recovery or sack-and-strip. I'll say it before and I'll say it again.....we should have kept Reggie Nelson.

The offensive line is a joke and Dalton is in panic mode instead of being comfortable in the pocket.

Plus, the Bengals offense never evolved. Teams have figured it out. Cover two cloud, rush four. The offensive line can't block, the deep ball is gone, and any pre-read by Dalton is taken care of. Dalton pre-reads a defense and knows where he wants to go with the ball. He's very good at that when he can read the defense correctly. However, common opponents disguise their coverage, Dalton doesn't or can't call their bluff and cannot go anywhere if something is switched. The win % is elite for the Bengals against non-common opponents and close to or below .500 for common opponents.

My opinion? I wish we could get Cedric Benson back. Cover two cloud is weak against the run. Benson didn't dance, he boomed. He and Rudi Johnson are severely underrated running backs. Our offensive line aren't battering rams ready to destroy defensive lineman and linebackers and punish them to the point of exhaustion where pass rushing drains their stamina because they were pushed around by the offensive line. Which makes no sense because Alexander oversaw the 2009 run game. But he's super questionable because he sticks with players who can't get the job done, his first being Nate Livings.

It's early, but Mixon is a Jeremy Hill clone instead of the next "Le'Veon Bell". Ever since we had Jay Gruden, we have not had a run game until 2014 when Hue Jackson got so much out of Hill and Bernard. The Bengals cannot be one-dimensional. That's the real reason we are losing, they have to be able to run. So just line up the offensive line with Tyler Kroft and Eifert, and bang it up the middle with Hewitt leading the way. Sometimes you just have to let teams know exactly what you're doing and say "Try to stop what's coming". This isn't rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                          The offense has turned the ball over at midfield 3 times and inside the 5 yard line once in the last two weeks, but it is the defense's fault for allowing too many points? Is scoring 13 points asking too much?
                          Not to mention that the defense and special teams gave the offense GREAT field position last night and the offense did bupkus with it! However, I don't understand why the defense didn't blitz more. You're playing a QB starting his first game ever, with no tight ends and their best lineman not even playing. I know the defense doesn't blitz much as a rule, but this is ridiculous.

This offense is a &*%$#^@* mess! "Nuff said.

For whatever reason, the Texans just seem to have our number. Doesn't matter who starts at QB for them, they manage to do just enough to beat us. I tried to tell my hubby that last night and he was like "You can't compare year to year." But, he also said that if he were a betting man, he would have taken the over on this game. The over/under was 38 and I told him under was correct.

As for getting rid of the OC mid season, the Enquirer mentioned that and cited past history that the only time a coordinator was replaced mid season was when a coordinator became head coach (Coslet in 1996 and LeBeau in 2000). So don't count on that happening. Besides, who would you replace Zampese with? Our vaunted OL coach? Don't think so.

Well, at least the weather on Sunday is supposed to be really nice so I can spend it outdoors instead of watching this trainwreck.
                          "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

I think Marvin just has a soft spot for rookie qb's. He does not want to hinder their early development, so he devises a game play that allows them to shine.

Comment

Enquirer reporter Paul Dehner Jr. said Marvin was asked three times during his press conference if a change would be made at OC and he said he would not discuss any changes.

He is sticking with Dalton, no sign of change at OC, no sign Marvin to be fired. Just keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

By the way, Tyler Boyd was inactive yesterday, but there was no medical issue. Meanwhile, Cody Core was active and had zero targets.

Comment

Working...
                              X