Holy shit what a trainwreck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    o-line is god awful and Daton has completely lost his nerve because of it......I know we're used to seeing "bad Andy" rear his ugly head every once in awhile but this is extraordinarily bad, like Andy might be done bad......at this point they might as well make the switch to McCarron who at least offers them a little mobility.
    Give that man a cee-gar !!!

Comment

I believe Guenther is more aggressive than ML and would like to blitz more but ML has him handcuffed. The D got good pressure from 4 though; on the long Watson run is was the old rush 3 crap.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

That D was solid last night with the exception of those 2 runs.....other than that, Watson did little to nothing.

and that's with the defense being on the field almost the entire night as well....when Burfict gets back, they've got a chance at being borderline elite.

not that it matters much at this point.
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
          Doesn't someone have to get fired over this? They've got time to fire the O coordinator or whoever. If nothing's announced in the next 48 hrs then they obviously don't care about making any meaningful changes. So if they don't care, why should we?
          Apparently somebody did have to get fired, and Marvin wasn't gonna let it be him so he found his scape goat in Zampese...not that it wasn't justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
            .....not that it wasn't justified.
            meh, probably should have been Alexander in reality.

no two people in the entire organization are more directly tied to the play of the o-line than the QB and the OC....if the o-line can't do their jobs, how can the OC do his?
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

That is the 'coaches complacency' issue that has always been here. No urgency or threat of being let go. This move is way outside the box for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                Enquirer reporter Paul Dehner Jr. said Marvin was asked three times during his press conference if a change would be made at OC and he said he would not discuss any changes.

He is sticking with Dalton, no sign of change at OC, no sign Marvin to be fired. Just keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

By the way, Tyler Boyd was inactive yesterday, but there was no medical issue. Meanwhile, Cody Core was active and had zero targets.
                no boyd pissed me off too, but i think core plays STs and they performed well enough to see why core was active.. my biggest question ... i seen Ross really only 1-2 plays? he fumbles and i dont remember seeing him again. that was a waste of an active spot.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  meh, probably should have been Alexander in reality.

no two people in the entire organization are more directly tied to the play of the o-line than the QB and the OC....if the o-line can't do their jobs, how can the OC do his?
                  amen. Alexander sux.

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                    Not to mention that the defense and special teams gave the offense GREAT field position last night and the offense did bupkus with it! However, I don't understand why the defense didn't blitz more. You're playing a QB starting his first game ever, with no tight ends and their best lineman not even playing. I know the defense doesn't blitz much as a rule, but this is ridiculous.

This offense is a &*%$#^@* mess! "Nuff said.

For whatever reason, the Texans just seem to have our number. Doesn't matter who starts at QB for them, they manage to do just enough to beat us. I tried to tell my hubby that last night and he was like "You can't compare year to year." But, he also said that if he were a betting man, he would have taken the over on this game. The over/under was 38 and I told him under was correct.

As for getting rid of the OC mid season, the Enquirer mentioned that and cited past history that the only time a coordinator was replaced mid season was when a coordinator became head coach (Coslet in 1996 and LeBeau in 2000). So don't count on that happening. Besides, who would you replace Zampese with? Our vaunted OL coach? Don't think so.

Well, at least the weather on Sunday is supposed to be really nice so I can spend it outdoors instead of watching this trainwreck.
                    Boy, don't I feel like an idiot now?
                    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                      Boy, don't I feel like an idiot now?
                      Hey it's the ok. Afterall we are Bengal fans and we keep believing, year, after year, after year.

Comment

Another tragedy due to Irene

Miami fans and Tampa Bay fans are all 0-0 with dreams of a Super Bowl while we're 0-2 and looking to next year.
                        Only users lose drugs

Comment

I said it after Pac Man and Burfict blew the fourth opportunity, in the Bengals' 50 year history, to win a post-season game.....the window has closed.

Mike Brown, as is his custom, failed to put the final pieces in place during the next off season.

The last two off seasons has been two-steps backwards from their "almost" playoff contender.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are coming back from their respective down curves and the Browns will give us a real challenge.

It may be decades before we accidentally "draft" ourselves back into contention, coupled with finding a couple of top-tier coordinators like Zimmer and Hue, who attract disciples from their previous teams.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
                            Hey it's the ok. Afterall we are Bengal fans and we keep believing, year, after year, after year.

You can join Super Cat in the garden and wait for the "Great Pumpkin" lol

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                              Love the way Lewis throws the D under the bus but has no issues with Dalton. Frigging moron is not even smart enough to realize how dumb he sounds.The D has played well enough to win both games.

MARVIN LEWIS

Head coach

Initial Comments ...

“It’s difficult to win many games when we don’t score touchdowns. I think today with the defensive side of the ball, they had an opportunity to control the game. Then we let them have the one score, then later on the field goal — the drive for the field goal there in the fourth quarter. Those are big differences in the football game. It makes a difference whether we are playing for a touchdown or a field goal in the end.

Q - The defense has played well. There was a broken play that resulted in the 49-yard touchdown, and the 48-yard play on third-and-seven last week ...

“Right. You don’t want to have those plays. If you want to be a dominant group, like they can be, you have to dominate for 60 minutes. Not 59:52.”

Q - You said you’re not worried about Andy, but would you say he’s taken a step back this season?

“No, I don’t think he’s taken a step back. I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing.

Marvin Lewis is, and has always been, Mike Brown's puppet. That is why he survives. Duh

Comment

The Bengals and their fans aren’t on the best terms.

Such a fact was apparent in the banks of empty seats at Paul Brown Stadium this past week for the home opener against Baltimore and Thursday night game against Houston.

On Sunday, the Bengals drew 55,254, the smallest crowd for a home opener since the mass season ticket holder exodus following the 2010 season and the second smallest home opener crowd in the Marvin Lewis Era.

The first primetime game of the year sent the number spiraling deeper, with only 52,942 watching the Bengals’ loss. Capacity of PBS is 65,515.

The 84 percent capacity for the opener for tickets distributed ranked as the smallest number for the 15 venues across the NFL – not counting the LA Rams, who have a completely different set of circumstances in the LA Coliseum.

Every team except Washington (86 percent) filled more than 90 percent of their stadium, according to NFL game book attendance figures.

Thursday was the worst attended Bengals game since 2011. If more fans don't show up, this could end up the second worst attended season in stadium history.

Comment

Working...
                                X