Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another HOLY SHIT thread...Zampese getting the axe!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I thought they dumped DL coach Hayes after some failed DL picks (especially Hunt). They should do the same with Alexander. And again, just because you picked guys does not mean you HAVE to stick with them or play them when they are not ready. This team either waits too long to play the better draft picks or hangs on to the weak picks too long. At the end of last year it was very clear that these two tackles were not ready so they should have planned accordingly.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

    Comment


    • #32
      Worst thing they did was drop all that money on Dre Kirkpatrick and not Whitworth. I can live without Zeitler. Heck, they could have put Fisher in at guard and experiment with that like they put Whitworth at guard. We have too much defensive back depth.

      Also, if they just wanted a one year deal, the Bengals could have slapped the franchise tag on Whitworth. Whitworth wanted a multi-year deal, the Bengals only wanted to give him one year.

      Someone in the building has to know both tackles suck. But our draft position was too high for a draft lackluster in lineman. Probably should have traded down and taken two lineman instead of Ross and Mixon. At least we have three current draft picks who are contributing greatly on defense.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
        Well, the Bengals did try to address this two years ago by spending the 1st and 2nd rd draft picks on the offensive line knowing it had to be addressed.

        Paul Alexander must have chosen Ogbuehi and Fisher. NCAA offensive lineman are more finesse than ever thanks to the spread offense and supposedly there is a low % of players who want to play O-Line in college. You need someone with size, strength, and a nasty attitude to get the job done.

        Does anybody really believe that Alexander coached Whitworth to pull as a guard with such violence and speed that he destroyed anything in his path?
        Yes to your post. Not I, to your question.

        It's ridiculous how Goff looks good now that he has a decent HC, an elite LT, and a multiple Pro-Bowl Center working for him. Anyone could have had John Sullivan, someone I've clamored for the Bengals to get since I first wanted them to spend a 5th Round pick on him, and fervently the last two seasons as he recovered from injuries and was clearly replaced by another All-Pro Center in Minnesota, and then earned playing time back in Washington. He's back to being "good" to "very good", may not reach "Elite" status, but at least he's not the pig that Bodine is. Sullivan has the brains to captain the Line. Dielman went unclaimed this week after the Rams had to make room.

        Retaining Whitworth for two years was a no-brainer. Besides anchoring the Line, he was the Offense's Leader. You let Fisher and Ogbuehi fight it out at RT, RG and LG,...wherever they can make an impact. Bur, nobody should be handed the job. We have three O-Lineman handed their jobs because of their draft positions. Guess it's sink or swim. To be fair, Brown has changed and has been cutting draft picks this year and got rid of dead weight veterans. That's encouraging.
        Last edited by BlazerBenner; 09-17-2017, 11:02 PM.
        "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

        "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          I thought they dumped DL coach Hayes after some failed DL picks (especially Hunt). They should do the same with Alexander. And again, just because you picked guys does not mean you HAVE to stick with them or play them when they are not ready. This team either waits too long to play the better draft picks or hangs on to the weak picks too long. At the end of last year it was very clear that these two tackles were not ready so they should have planned accordingly.
          Definitely.
          "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

          "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
            Worst thing they did was drop all that money on Dre Kirkpatrick and not Whitworth. I can live without Zeitler. Heck, they could have put Fisher in at guard and experiment with that like they put Whitworth at guard. We have too much defensive back depth.

            Also, if they just wanted a one year deal, the Bengals could have slapped the franchise tag on Whitworth. Whitworth wanted a multi-year deal, the Bengals only wanted to give him one year.

            Someone in the building has to know both tackles suck. But our draft position was too high for a draft lackluster in lineman. Probably should have traded down and taken two lineman instead of Ross and Mixon. At least we have three current draft picks who are contributing greatly on defense.
            Yes. Yes. Yes.
            "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

            "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

            Comment


            • #36
              I could be wrong but I don't think that Whitworth was eligible for a Franchise Tag . . . I think it's either 8 or 10 years and then you're protected.
              Only users lose drugs

              Comment


              • #37
                Whitworth was eligible for the Franchise tag.

                The notable FAs for the Bengals next year are Eifert, Bodine, and Chris Smith. I have no problem franchising Eifert for one year at around $9 million to see if he can stay healthy and play all 16 games. Chris Smith, I'd get him to sign an extension right away. Bodine can stay at a reduced price.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                  Garapola (sp) in order to keep searching for a better solution.
                  Garropalo is just a younger version of Andy Dalton.....definitely not the answer for this team.

                  give me any one of Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolf or Josh Rosen next year and I'll be pretty happy.....just let him sit for a year while the o-line gets put back together.
                  potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                  QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                  OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The only QBs who could come in and be a difference maker on this team would either be Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers etc.

                    It would be rare for a rookie to come and be a huge difference.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                      The only QBs who could come in and be a difference maker on this team would either be Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers etc.

                      It would be rare for a rookie to come and be a huge difference.
                      still need to draft one though if you get the opportunity......we're gonna need a good one at some point.

                      like I said, sit him for a year and then close the door on Dalton.
                      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Maybe Minnesota or Washington tanks this year and we hire Zimmer or Gruden as HC.

                        Ravens defense engineered 5 turnovers against a Browns team that looks improved. I guess Zeitler is happier being 0-2 and rich.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                          Garropalo is just a younger version of Andy Dalton.....definitely not the answer for this team.

                          give me any one of Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolf or Josh Rosen next year and I'll be pretty happy.....just let him sit for a year while the o-line gets put back together.
                          It is always a crap shoot. Point is, from my perspective, the team anointed Dalton the QB of the present and future and thus gave up on drafting any other QB high. This was a huge mistake as Dalton clealry was not good enough to be a SB type QB. They should have kept him but kept looking as well. Never know what round you will find one so keep looking.
                          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                            Worst thing they did was drop all that money on Dre Kirkpatrick and not Whitworth. I can live without Zeitler. Heck, they could have put Fisher in at guard and experiment with that like they put Whitworth at guard. We have too much defensive back depth.

                            Also, if they just wanted a one year deal, the Bengals could have slapped the franchise tag on Whitworth. Whitworth wanted a multi-year deal, the Bengals only wanted to give him one year.

                            Someone in the building has to know both tackles suck. But our draft position was too high for a draft lackluster in lineman. Probably should have traded down and taken two lineman instead of Ross and Mixon. At least we have three current draft picks who are contributing greatly on defense.
                            I think the people in the building know our tackles are a problem. My question is, do they know our center is just as much of a problem?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                              It is always a crap shoot. Point is, from my perspective, the team anointed Dalton the QB of the present and future and thus gave up on drafting any other QB high. This was a huge mistake as Dalton clealry was not good enough to be a SB type QB. They should have kept him but kept looking as well. Never know what round you will find one so keep looking.
                              and my point was, you don't draft a Dalton clone to replace Andy Dalton.

                              this is likely all getting blown up in the off-season as far as the staff goes so if you're gonna start over you might as well draft your next QB if you're picking in the top 3 next year, which is a very real possibility.....there's no top 3 OL in the coming draft class so I don't see how they can't take one of the guys I mentioned if they are indeed picking up near the top.
                              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Russell Bodine = Nate Livings. Bodine is a FA next year and he's gone if he doesn't sign a team-friendly deal. The Bengals traded up for him because he benched pressed 225 x 42 times. Obviously Bodine doesn't do squats because he can't move anybody, because it's lower-body strength that allows you to steer opponents elsewhere instead of blowing past you collapsing the pocket without Zeitler there to help lol.

                                If the Bengals are going to rebuild and get rid of Dalton, then I would bet Green, Dunlap, and Atkins would also prefer to leave to go play for a contender. It takes about four years to build a contender. The Bengals were VERY lucky because 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 were playoff years. You would have expected the peak of 2015. I'd say a new head coach and a Super Bowl expectation would have a greater chance similar to the Falcons.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X