Game Day Thread: Bengals vs Packers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    So a second rounder cannot do it, hmmm, Does Boomer ring a bell?
    I didn't say a 2nd rounder couldn't do it.....I just said don't compare anyone or any situation to Tom Brady and NE.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
      so, about that 2018 draft and the new coaching staff...
      top 3 pick is a very real possibility...a trade (ideal scenario) or a QB is pretty much what they're locked into at this point.

I'm 110% behind playing McCarron the rest of the year but in no way do I think he's the long term answer here....if they get a chance at a potential "franchise QB" at the top of the draft, I don't see how they could possibly pass up the opportunity.

Comment

call me crazy but I actually think there's a halfway decent chance that Marvin gets fired here in the next week or two......it could actually happen in the next day or two but if it doesn't and they lose to Cleveland next Sunday, I don't see any way they could bring him back the following week.

if so, who takes over...Guenther, Lazor or old school Jim Haslett? if it's truly up to Mikey, my $$ is on Haslett.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
          call me crazy but I actually think there's a halfway decent chance that Marvin gets fired here in the next week or two......it could happen in the next couple days but if they lose to Cleveland next Sunday, I can't see any way they bring him back the following week.

who takes over...Guenther, Lazor or old school Jim Haslett? if it's up to Mikey, my $$ is on Haslett.
          Yep, I see him going with Haslett since he has head coaching experience.

Comment

They'll make a QB change before firing ML.
            Cheers for beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Spotto View Post
              They'll make a QB change before firing ML.
              I'm not sure either can survive losing to Cleveland to go 0-4.

either way, both need to be replaced at some point soon.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers, an elite QB. I don't blame this on Dalton. The key play was Mixon slipping on a critical third and one and we had to settle for a field goal. I think the play call was poor as was the execution. Even if Mixon had not slipped, it looked like he was going to be bottled up anyways. If we score a TD, game over. It would have been better to have either done full goal line or a HB screen in that situation.

Also, reviewing the highlights, too many blown assignments and tackles by the secondary. Dre Kirkpatrick is getting paid $52 million and isn't doing too much.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  I'm not sure either can survive losing to Cleveland to go 0-4.

either way, both need to be replaced at some point soon.
                  Beating the Browns is extremely important to Brown. It's a must win for Marv.
                  Dona eis Requiem

Comment

If we aren't going to the playoffs, I think I rather see us lose every game until Marvin is fired. Even if it takes 16 games.

Comment

• Dalton missed some key throws and took an ill-timed sack, but overall he completed 78% of his passes and had a 124 QB rating with no turnovers. He targeted AJ Green 13 times, completing 10 passes for 111 yards. No way the Bengals are going to make a change at QB with those stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                        If we aren't going to the playoffs, I think I rather see us lose every game until Marvin is fired. Even if it takes 16 games.
                        agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                          Dalton missed some key throws and took an ill-timed sack, but overall he completed 78% of his passes and had a 124 QB rating with no turnovers. He targeted AJ Green 13 times, completing 10 passes for 111 yards. No way the Bengals are going to make a change at QB with those stats.
                          He didn't complete a pass that traveled over 15 yards all game. So completion percentage is a bit skewed when you consider that. If he can't make the throws when it counts, like on third down and a WR is WIDE OPEN, or when a WR is WIDE OPEN for a TD... and he still doesn't have the in-game smarts to throw away the ball instead of taking a sack when they are in FG range, then it is time to try and find someone else who will. His 8 yard loss on the sack that set up a 48 yard FG attempt instead of a 40 yard FG is a game changing type play. Those are moments you just can't screw up, and NFL caliber QBs know better to do it.

...and listening to Romo during the game and how quickly he would point out the play Dalton should choose, or when he should audible, or when Dalton should point out blitzers to help with pass protection, and then say Dalton didn't make the right call, solidifies what I've thought about Dalton for a long time now, he's just not that great of a game manager. Sadly if this team had someone like Romo they would have won championships. Seriously think about this, how many times have you seen Dalton come up to the line of scrimmage and actually point out blitzers to the lineman and guys in the backfield to block? Almost NEVER, and that's bad. Now think about how often you saw other great QBs do it during their career.

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                            Man c'mon, don't bring Tom Brady into this lol...getting the greatest QB of all time where they did was pretty much a once in a lifetime deal.
                            Your the one who brought him into the conversation by mentioning him in your post. And as far as draft position for a QB, more of the QB that are picked in the first round are bust than those that become ligit starters. A pretty good argument could be made that Dalton was the best QB of his draft class.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                              Your the one who brought him into the conversation by mentioning him in your post. And as far as draft position for a QB, more of the QB that are picked in the first round are bust than those that become ligit starters. A pretty good argument could be made that Dalton was the best QB of his draft class.
                              I paid attention to that QB draft class more than most b/c of Mallet. Dalton's highlight reel had several instances where he stared at his WR b4 the throw. Now, maybe the coaches figured they could coach him up. Still looks like he doesn't run through his progressions very well. Especially under duress, or perceived duress, he seems to revert to form...
                              Look it takes a helluva brain to be a QB in the nfl. AD has done a lot better than I thought he would...
                              Dona eis Requiem

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                                He didn't complete a pass that traveled over 15 yards all game. So completion percentage is a bit skewed when you consider that. If he can't make the throws when it counts, like on third down and a WR is WIDE OPEN, or when a WR is WIDE OPEN for a TD... and he still doesn't have the in-game smarts to throw away the ball instead of taking a sack when they are in FG range, then it is time to try and find someone else who will. His 8 yard loss on the sack that set up a 48 yard FG attempt instead of a 40 yard FG is a game changing type play. Those are moments you just can't screw up, and NFL caliber QBs know better to do it.

...and listening to Romo during the game and how quickly he would point out the play Dalton should choose, or when he should audible, or when Dalton should point out blitzers to help with pass protection, and then say Dalton didn't make the right call, solidifies what I've thought about Dalton for a long time now, he's just not that great of a game manager. Sadly if this team had someone like Romo they would have won championships. Seriously think about this, how many times have you seen Dalton come up to the line of scrimmage and actually point out blitzers to the lineman and guys in the backfield to block? Almost NEVER, and that's bad. Now think about how often you saw other great QBs do it during their career.

It is a little easier making calls from the TV booth than on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X