Game Day Thread: Bengals vs Packers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin post game quotes - more clueless than usual:

(on the successes during the first half of play) “We did a good job of making first downs and continuing the ball down the field. I don’t really remember the first half much now. We got off to a good start, but we’ve got to capitalize on it and keep on plugging.”

(on play in the second half) “No, we just didn’t get the ball back as much for our offense, I don’t think, in the second half. It looked like the one drive, they drove the ball for quite a bit there, I don’t know if it was the third quarter or the fourth quarter and our offense was over sitting on the bench for quite a bit.”
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
      You have been stating that we need to take a QB in the 1st round multiple time. I disagree with that. Brady is one example. Romo was a free agent, Prescott was a 4th rounder (although still unproven), Russel Wilson 3rd rd, etc. I could also list multiple QBs that were taken in the first round that (IMHO) do not perform as well as Andy has in the past. I agree he has not played well this year, but, I do not see that as something that is permanent.
      well for one thing there's a lot more QB's in the NFL right now that were taken in rounds 2-7 than there are guys taken high in R1 so the stats are going to be a little skewed....overall though, and as a general rule of thumb, the guys with the greatest tools to work with, and with the greatest amount of potential, come from the top of the draft.

and like I said earlier, Tom Brady was a once in a lifetime find.....definitely not something anyone should expect to happen around here. (or anywhere else for that matter)
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• There are some excellent QB prospects in the 2018 draft - we need one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          There are some excellent QB prospects in the 2018 draft - we need one of them.
          We need something. That collapse last night was just horrific to have to endure, regardless of what a great QB Aaron Rogers is. First things first though we need Marvin out, even if someone has to kidnap him and bury him under a patio.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKTiger View Post
            We need something. That collapse last night was just horrific to have to endure, regardless of what a great QB Aaron Rogers is. First things first though we need Marvin out, even if someone has to kidnap him and bury him under a patio.
            If Marvin had any balls he would have resigned after the Steelers playoff debacle. And if Mikey had any balls he would have fired him at that point. One of those two things should have occurred. That set us back two years as we had a great core then, just needed more accountability.

Comment

Every year has super prospects and yet nobody in the past five years has really become 'elite' in the Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Brees sense.

Dalton's QB Class of 2011 produced no elite QBs. RG3 and Andrew Luck went from possible elite to busts. Bortles, Goff, and Wentz haven't been blowing the doors off of anything and Bortles is now trending downward. I think the Bengals are better off getting a competent offensive line and then deciding whether or not to bring in a QB.

Comment

• I dare anybody to bring up a QB that the Bengals were in position of grabbing instead of Dalton in 2011 and/or anybody to replace him since then up to 2017.

Simple task.

Every FA, every draft.

Name the QB that should be here instead of Dalton.

AJ McCarron is not an option.

Good luck!
                Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                  Every year has super prospects and yet nobody in the past five years has really become 'elite' in the Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Brees sense.

Dalton's QB Class of 2011 produced no elite QBs. RG3 and Andrew Luck went from possible elite to busts. Bortles, Goff, and Wentz haven't been blowing the doors off of anything and Bortles is now trending downward. I think the Bengals are better off getting a competent offensive line and then deciding whether or not to bring in a QB.
                  They should be looking for both! If one can land an elite or near elite QB that is 12-15 years of built in success assuming you can surround them with good players. We draft a 2nd round RB every second frigging year, why not commit to a high QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                    I dare anybody to bring up a QB that the Bengals were in position of grabbing instead of Dalton in 2011 and/or anybody to replace him since then up to 2017.

Simple task.

Every FA, every draft.

Good luck!
                    right now there are plenty of guys I'd rather have than Dalton, but coming into this year I thought Derek Carr and Russel Wilson were really about the only ones you could make a decent case for...and even they have serious question marks, IMO.
                    Last edited by spicoli; 09-25-2017, 09:55 PM.
                    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                      He didn't complete a pass that traveled over 15 yards all game. So completion percentage is a bit skewed when you consider that. If he can't make the throws when it counts, like on third down and a WR is WIDE OPEN, or when a WR is WIDE OPEN for a TD... and he still doesn't have the in-game smarts to throw away the ball instead of taking a sack when they are in FG range, then it is time to try and find someone else who will. His 8 yard loss on the sack that set up a 48 yard FG attempt instead of a 40 yard FG is a game changing type play. Those are moments you just can't screw up, and NFL caliber QBs know better to do it.

...and listening to Romo during the game and how quickly he would point out the play Dalton should choose, or when he should audible, or when Dalton should point out blitzers to help with pass protection, and then say Dalton didn't make the right call, solidifies what I've thought about Dalton for a long time now, he's just not that great of a game manager. Sadly if this team had someone like Romo they would have won championships. Seriously think about this, how many times have you seen Dalton come up to the line of scrimmage and actually point out blitzers to the lineman and guys in the backfield to block? Almost NEVER, and that's bad. Now think about how often you saw other great QBs do it during their career.
                      and romo pointed out just as many good passes and reads he made. and the 3rd down open wr he missed he was running from the 2 defenders that ran through their blockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                        and romo pointed out just as many good passes and reads he made. and the 3rd down open wr he missed he was running from the 2 defenders that ran through their blockers.
                        Are you talking about when LaFell was WIDE OPEN? Dalton had plenty of time on that play.

Funny thing is, today there was an article written talking about how Romo's commentary is so precise and in-depth, it's making the QBs in the game look bad.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/tony-ro...rom-the-booth/

Comment

Why did Cincy draft AJ McCarron if they don't play him? If not now, when?

Comment

I dare anybody to bring up a QB that the Bengals were in position of grabbing instead of Dalton in 2011 and/or anybody to replace him since then up to 2017.

Simple task.

Every FA, every draft.

Good luck!

Russel Wilson went in the 3rd round of the 2012 Draft...Cincy passed on him to select Dre Kirkpatrick, Kevin Zeitler and Devon Still .

Comment

Simple task.

Every FA, every draft.

Good luck!
                              Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr were both available to Cincy in the 2014 Draft.

Comment

Simple task.

Every FA, every draft.

Good luck!
                                Trevor Siemian went in the 7th round of the 2015 Draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X