Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Championship Game...Oregon vs Ohio State

Go Ducks!
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Ohio State is literally trying to give the game away.

Comment

Mariota is better than half the Starting QB's right now in the NFL.

Elliott is a beast. Explodes through the holes.

Jones at QB with Hill, Hewitt, Gio and Burkhead would be cool to see.
      "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Comment

Jones would never under throw AJ Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
          Jones would never under throw AJ Green.
          You think of that, and then think of Dalton and the words "Pro Bowl" in the same sentence, and it's comical to think about.

Comment

That 3-man rush hasn't worked once tonight.

Comment

Ohio State could have three NFL quality quarterbacks on their team right now and are winning the National Championship game with their third stringer.

Comment

That last drive was easy and dominating.

Comment

No answer for Elliott all night long and bad usage of the 3-man rush when Oregon had Ohio State in 3rd-and-long.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
                    No answer for Elliott all night long and bad usage of the 3-man rush when Oregon had Ohio State in 3rd-and-long.
                    No that is just a good quarterback with a great arm throwing a ball through a tight window in the defense. Something Andy Dalton can't do.

Comment

Okay, guys. Stop smoking the crack. While I like Jones, you have to remember 2 things. First, he is NOT playing against NFL caliber DBs or pass rushers. Second, remember the name JeMarcus Russell-- big arm, no brain. I'm not dissing Cardale, but we really don't know too much about him when it comes to the mental part of the game. Besides, he's a sophomore.

Now, I will say this if you want to make a Buckeye/Bengal comparison. The balding one in the corner office could learn a thing or two from his former employee (Archie Griffin). At THE OSU, they will do whatever is necessary to win championships-- i.e. hiring a proven winning coach. The bald one has yet to figure that out.
                      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                        Okay, guys. Stop smoking the crack. While I like Jones, you have to remember 2 things. First, he is NOT playing against NFL caliber DBs or pass rushers. Second, remember the name JeMarcus Russell-- big arm, no brain. I'm not dissing Cardale, but we really don't know too much about him when it comes to the mental part of the game. Besides, he's a sophomore.

Now, I will say this if you want to make a Buckeye/Bengal comparison. The balding one in the corner office could learn a thing or two from his former employee (Archie Griffin). At THE OSU, they will do whatever is necessary to win championships-- i.e. hiring a proven winning coach. The bald one has yet to figure that out.
                        Cardale Jones started three games this year, the Big Ten Championship game, the Semi-Final Game, and the National Championship Game and played well in all three. I think that shows some mental toughness right there.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                          He's a 23 year old sophomore who spent a year at a military academy (Fork Union in Virginia) before coming to OSU. His demeanor was the same last night after a good play or a bad play. The man has ice water in his veins. He also seemed to adjust last night just fine. The reason he was 3rd string preseason was because he made great plays, then would make a boneheaded play. He wasn't consistent enough for Urban Meyer.

OSU may have a delightful problem next year if all 3 QBs come back.
                          "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                            He's a 23 year old sophomore who spent a year at a military academy (Fork Union in Virginia) before coming to OSU. His demeanor was the same last night after a good play or a bad play. The man has ice water in his veins. He also seemed to adjust last night just fine. The reason he was 3rd string preseason was because he made great plays, then would make a boneheaded play. He wasn't consistent enough for Urban Meyer.

OSU may have a delightful problem next year if all 3 QBs come back.
                            He's a 23-year old Sophomore? I had no idea. No wonder he had such an edge. I want nothing to do with him. Quarterbacks who do well in College and are older than their counterparts flop every time in the NFL. I can't think of one time one has ever done well.

Haven't agreed much with you lately, ralph, but I agree with you on one thing...I don't want anything to do with him, but not because of your reason of "not knowing anything about him", but because "I know everything I need to know about him".

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
                              He's a 23-year old Sophomore? I had no idea. No wonder he had such an edge. I want nothing to do with him. Quarterbacks who do well in College and are older than their counterparts flop every time in the NFL. I can't think of one time one has ever done well.
                              Me Neither, I can't remember Roger Staubach being 27 when he joined the Cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                              X