NCAA Championship Game...Oregon vs Ohio State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    Me Neither, I can't remember Roger Staubach being 27 when he joined the Cowboys.
    Blazer is soured by Akili Smith.

Comment

From what I'm hearing, Cardale Jones is coming back next year. Braxton Miller needs to decide shortly whether or not he will be back.
      "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Me Neither, I can't remember Roger Staubach being 27 when he joined the Cowboys.
        Nobody will ever confuse the mind, discipline and chracter of Jones with the mind, chracter and discipline of a Midshipman. That's the whole point...why he's a 23-year old Sophomore in the first place.

Staubach doesn't apply here. He wasn't older than his counterparts in college.
        "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
          Nobody will ever confuse the mind, discipline and chracter of Jones with the mind, chracter and discipline of a Midshipman. That's the whole point...why he's a 23-year old Sophomore in the first place.

Staubach doesn't apply here. He wasn't older than his counterparts in college.
          And I agree he won't be a Roger Staubach, but that doesn't mean he can't have success. Did you know that Jones went to Fork Union Military School? Same place Vinny Testaverde, Eddie George, Plaxico Burress and Carlos Hyde. Jones was an undiscipline child and was tricked into going to Fork Union. It gave him structure he never had, which I think played well the last few weeks. Jones grew up in Cleveland with so little supervision that he often roamed the streets and slept at friends’ houses many nights each week. I haven't seen if he ever got into any trouble.
          Jones is no where near a NFL QB yet, but it is possible that he just matured a little late because he had no supervision. Unlike Weinke and Weeden. I rather wait and see how Jones does next season before writing him completely off. But like you, I don't believe he is NFL material yet

Comment

And I agree he won't be a Roger Staubach, but that doesn't mean he can't have success. Did you know that Jones went to Fork Union Military School? Same place Vinny Testaverde, Eddie George, Plaxico Burress and Carlos Hyde. Jones was an undiscipline child and was tricked into going to Fork Union. It gave him structure he never had, which I think played well the last few weeks. Jones grew up in Cleveland with so little supervision that he often roamed the streets and slept at friends’ houses many nights each week. I haven't seen if he ever got into any trouble.
            Jones is no where near a NFL QB yet, but it is possible that he just matured a little late because he had no supervision. Unlike Weinke and Weeden. I rather wait and see how Jones does next season before writing him completely off. But like you, I don't believe he is NFL material yet
            Why is he 23 years old and only a Sophomore in College?

Name one Quarterback who has ever had success in the NFL who was a 23 year old as a Sophomore in College and had success in College. There isn't one. Jones isn't going to be the first.

But, if he were to be the first, then he needs to get his butt into the NFL right now...not waste away more time at the College level.
            "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Comment

...oh, and Fork Union Military School is not the U.S. Naval Academy. It may as well be PS105 in the Bronx, and that's an insult to PS105 in the Bronx.

Just to begin the process of trying to get into the U.S. Naval Academy, you have to first be among a very, very short list that requests a recommendation from one of the two Senators of your State (or Puerto Rico). Fork Union Military School is a High School...a High School that takes people who didn't do anything to earn their way into it through character and academics. Jones got into it because he was a flunky. Jones spent his youth doing everything the opposite of the childhoods of Steve Young and Roger Staubach, who spent their time before High School preparing to be be responsible members of their communities.

Then, if you're diligence and hard work as a youth pays off enough for you to be admitted over the other highly qualified applicants from your State, they you get the honor of trying to get through the first year at the Academy, where the dropout rate is 50% and the average night of sleep is two to three hours in length for the entire first year because you're spending so much time in studies and other responsibilities the Academy has assigned to you.

And, that's just the tip of the iceberg that describes the work, responsibilities, difficulties and character required that it takes to get through the U.S. Naval Academy (or West Point, or Kings Point, or the Air Force Academy).

Then there's the work and responsibilities that go into being a child in a Mormon Family, which Steve Young was a member of, and that's the opposite of what Jones went through growing up. And, how did that work out with shaping Burress and Hyde into pillars of their communities? Sounds like Fork Union is nothing more than a school of babysitters for dysfunctional youth, which is what most "military" high schools are, that happened to be highly praised for putting together a football program.

Comment

Well, we'll find out in about 1/2 an hour whether Cardale is even coming out or not. He has a 4:00 press conference scheduled this afternoon.
                "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Cardale's coming back to OSU. Not entering the draft.

Comment

Working...
                  X