Dre Kirkpatrick, Idiot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    So Keith Scott... not only did he definitely have a gun, it was stolen. Not only that, but he had threatened his wife, had hit her and her child, and she had filed for a restraining order. Yep, those riots in Charlotte make sense now.

Keith Scott's gun had been reported stolen, authorities said on Monday
    A breaking and entering suspect told officials he had sold him the gun
    His wife Rakeyia got a restraining order in October last year, records show
    She wrote: 'He carries a 9mm black' and said he had hit her and a child
    Scott, 43, was shot and killed Tuesday after a confrontation with Charlotte, North Carolina police

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-kill-her.html

So now I'm pissed... because why was a guy that is a felon with a violent history, not arrested already when his wife told police he had a gun? Why did this guy have a job working security at a mall?
    Was it this same person (wife) who stated that he was reading a book and not carrying a weapon or was that another significant other? I've lost track

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
      Was it this same person (wife) who stated that he was reading a book and not carrying a weapon or was that another significant other? I've lost track
      Yep. So she lied, it wasn't a book, and she knew he carried a gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinciFan View Post
        Hopefully he wasn't executed for the administrative violation of possessing a gun stolen by someone else. I agree it is a crime to possess stolen property, but that wasn't discernable during the incident.
        You do nothing but deflect to suit your point. The guy got out of his truck holding a stolen gun, illegally, as a convicted violent felon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
          You do nothing but deflect to suit your point. The guy got out of his truck holding a stolen gun, illegally, as a convicted violent felon.
          I'm not deflecting.
          If he wasn't taking an active hostile response to officers, he shouldn't be shot.

I'll grant I'm less powerfully moved by this case than some others, in that they know the guy has a gun and that he's getting high and acting dangerously by waving his gun around at the apartment.
          ///M
          The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Working...
          X