No announcement yet.

Pick vs Spread: All games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going with Philly -3 (once again a home under dog even though it is only -3) and IF we were doing over/under I would have to go with over 51 points. But the over/under is just for fun since we are just picking games.

Comment

Here's tonights line that we WILL ALL be judged by. I'll post the other lines Sunday:

09/19/2013
      20:25
      301 KANSAS CITY (110)
      302 PHILADELPHIA -3 (-130)

I'll take KC + 3
      ///M
      The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

This Defense of Philadelphia's is putrid, at best.

Kansas City 41
        Philadelphia 38.
        "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
          This Defense of Philadelphia's is putrid, at best.

Kansas City 41
          Philadelphia 38.
          Philly is going to run a lot of plays, but they are going to run the ball a lot and KC's defense is due for a let down after the first two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
            I'm going with Philly -3 (once again a home under dog even though it is only -3) and IF we were doing over/under I would have to go with over 51 points. But the over/under is just for fun since we are just picking games.
            PHI is the FAVORITE.
            ///M

Comment

Originally posted by CinciFan View Post
              PHI is the FAVORITE.
              Sorry it's been a long week. It's actually really a pick'm, the home team is generally given 3 points, so a -3 points for Philly is for home field purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                Sorry it's been a long week. It's actually really a pick'm, the home team is generally given 3 points, so a -3 points for Philly is for home field purposes only.
                No apology needed - just wanted to make sure you had your guess the right way.

Re: 3pts = home field: yea, I've heard that.
                ///M

Comment

Looks like Vick is is his own worst enemy so far this game.

Comment

Ha! I would have screwed the pooch on this game!

Comment

OK, I just got the lines from the site BB offered, so let's just all use these:

SD @ TEN - 2
                      SD
                      CLE @ MIN - 6.5
                      CLE
                      TB @ NE - 7
                      TB
                      HOU - 1.5 @ BAL
                      HOU
                      STL @ DAL - 3.5
                      DAL
                      ARI @ NO - 7
                      NO
                      DET @ WAS -1
                      DET
                      GB - 3 @ CIN
                      GB
                      NYG -1 @ CAR
                      NYG
                      ATL @ MIA - 2.5
                      ATL
                      IND @ SF - 10
                      IND
                      JAX @ SEA - 18.5
                      SEA
                      BUF @ NYJ - 2.5
                      BUF
                      CHI - 2 @ PIT
                      PIT
                      OAK @ DEN - 15.5
                      DEN
                      ///M

Comment

SD +2
                        Min -6.5
                        NE -7
                        Hou -1.5
                        Dal -3.5
                        AZ +7
                        Was -1 (Other than the Bengals game this may be the toughest call.)
                        GB -3 (I normally wouldn't bet on this game.)
                        NYG -1
                        ATL +2.5
                        IND +10
                        SEA -18.5
                        Buf +2.5
                        Chi -2
                        Den -15.5 (I normally wouldn't bet on an NFL game with a spread like this especially with Oakland's run game.)

Comment

I forgot to pick.
                          "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Comment

Won: NE, Dal, Ind, Sea, and Chi.

Lost: Phi, SD, Min, Hou, AZ, Wash, GB, NYG, Atl, and Buf.

So 5-10 so far going into Monday night. Ouch!

Comment

I didn't see the game but after looking at the numbers, it looks like Carson Palmer sucked yesterday. Anyone have anything to add?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                                I didn't see the game but after looking at the numbers, it looks like Carson Palmer sucked yesterday. Anyone have anything to add?
                                Didn't see the game, either. But, I do have Palmer as my backup QB in FFB in two leagues, along with Andre Roberts as a Starter in one league. I pay pretty close attention to what happens every day in Arizona. With Fitzgerald hurting, I was expecting a mediocre day from Palmer, but not a bad day. He's still throwing Pick-6's, but he's also firing the ball pretty well so far on the season. Losing the #7 overall pick, their LG Cooper, for the season, really made a mess of their revamped O-Line. Three players had to change positions to fix the hole at LG. The RB situation is now a 3-headed committee with three backs sharing the snaps almost identically.

It looks like Palmer may be only as good as Fitzgerald is healthy. When he is, Palmer can take advantage of Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts' talents as well as Fitzgerald. At season's end, he should end up with 4000+ yards and 30 TD's, along with 16 to 18 Int's. 14-16 Quarterbacks will throw for 4000+ yards this season, so it's not that big of a deal, but it's still substantial.

I watched his Opening Week game, and Palmer was excellent hitting Andre Roberts on 8 of 9 passes while moving the ball downfield with ease. I missed the last two weeks, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X