Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

We done this before and got hacked a couple of times. I fixed the problem and have stopped the hackers and for the most part, spammers.

I like to know who you are, how long you been with us. If you joined us here at Bengals Jungle or was with the nomads from other forums we use to post on.

What was your past user name or names, your real name in case we meet outside these forums.

And anything interesting you like to add.

I'm Super Cat your forum owner, real name Larry, past user name PaulBrownBengal.

Lifelong Bengal fan from 1967 until death do us part. Started playing on a PC in early 90's because son was using them in elementary school. Got on internet a few years after. Went looking for Bengals history on internet and couldn't find any. Decided to gather my own history. Later finding Cincy.com forums where every user name I tried was already taken. So I came up with a bright idea. I would be PaulBrownBengal, surely no one had that name. Join in 1999 and was one of the original diehards. With information I had gather, I started my own website. Didn't have a clue how to get started. But I built it anyway. Called it PaulBrownBengal Website. It had more information on the Bengals than any website on the internet. But very few knew about it. I never had a forum, just a lot of information, most of it is still here under Bengals Jungle Links. Before Bengals.com this website was the only place you could find Bengals history. When I decided to add a forum I changed the name to Bengals Jungle. The same day I added the forum, bengals.com started and I couldn't compete as being #1 Bengals History site. So I quit building my history. So now I focus on this forum.

I'm slowly building it and hopefully someday I will have it exactly how I want it and you want it. Letting you enjoy using the different produced styles and having access to picture albums and galleries and your own little groups. More upgrades are on their way as I try to make this a better place.

You know my screen name. I picked it up from a 19th Century french novel. It's been my only screen name. My real name I tell you once I've met you.

I have been at this site not too long after SC created it. Came from Huddles in the Great Migration, as many here also did. There was another goofy place we were all at, the name escapes me at the moment. The journey began at Cincinnati Talk in 1999.

Proud 31-year season ticket holder...and looking forward to the next 31 years in attendance.

Also darn proud to be a part of a group with the likes of the members here. Great family. Even if some of you are a bit odd.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    . There was another goofy place we were all at, the name escapes me at the moment. The journey began at Cincinnati Talk in 1999.

Also darn proud to be a part of a group with the likes of the members here. Great family. Even if some of you are a bit odd.
    Fan Home.

I've always supported the underdog, standing up to bullies wherever I see them exerting their power. I try to help those who struggle helping themselves. I feel it's my responsibility and it's the right thing to do.

So, when deciding who to root for in Portland, Oregon during the late '60's, the popular route to take would be to support the Packers, 49er's, Rams, Vikings, Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, Colts, or Cowboys. My dad had a friend on the 49er's and they were the closest team to Oregon, so that would be the most natural team to like, so I had some feelings that direction. Being Catholic, Notre Dame was a natural team to like also (Oregon and Oregon State were some pretty sorry-ass football programs, though I had an Uncle on Oregon State's squad). Knute Rockne was a well-respected person and Vince Lombardi reminded me of him in every way, so the Packers would have been an easy choice. ("Bart Starr fading back to pass....as kids we'd yell.")

I found though, that at 10 years old, I needed to make a decision and stick with that team. So, in 1969 I decided that the Eagles would be my favorite team in the NFL. And, so I could have a backup, I decided to pick a team in the AFL, too and that team was the Cincinnati Bengals. The reasons were partly because I had already decided to be a REDS fan that summer (I was a Catcher and Johnny Bench was my favorite player next to Bob Gibson), but mainly it was because I carried around in my pocket everywhere I went all of the Quarterbacks from the Topps cards I collected. They felt like gold in my pocket...Norm Snead, John Hadl, Daryl Lamonica, John Brodie, Bart Starr, Sonny Jurgensen, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Lenny Dawson, Fred Tarkenton, Joe Capp, Archie Manning, Roman Gabriel, etc., etc. But, there was one Quarteback card, whose name I thought was really cool and that was Greg Cook. I just thought he had a cool name.

So, for that reason mostly, I became a Bengals fan. For that 1969-1970 season, I supported both the Eagles and the Bengals, telling people that my #1 team was the Eagles and my #2 team was the Bengals. But, with the two leagues merging the next season, I decided that I needed to merge also, and instead of going with the Eagles, I went with the Bengals. Fortunately, for me, at least at the time, I picked a franchise that was well-respected. I didn't know any history of them or know who Paul Brown was or anything like that. That kind of information wasn't available to anyone living in Oregon back then. All there was to look at was a box score and the back of football cards. There was Sports Illustrated, where we had a subscription in 1970 through 1972. Didn't know about The Sporting News, yet, or any other magazines, or that there was access to the Cincinnati Post and Enquirer through the downtown library, though I would discover all of these just a few years later.

But, there I was, probably the only Cincinnati Bengals fan in Portland, just the way that I liked it, fighting upstream against the crowd. I was rewarded by a great franchise for two decades during the 70's and 80's. By then, I knew all about Mike Brown, and the day Paul Brown died, my hopes of ever enjoying the National Football League again died with him. I told my sister (she knew of my passion for the Bengals) the day Paul Brown died that the franchise would fall into decay and ruin, and that it would never win again. I wanted desperately to quit being a Bengals' fan at that point, but found myself incapable of doing so, as loyalty goes deep within my genes. I was stuck in hell and there was nothing I could do about it.

My sons were born in '86 and '89. They have two Uncles who were starters for the Raiders during their Super Bowl days of 1969 through 1983 (each of them with two Super Bowl Rings, they were Art Thoms, ILB, and George Buehler, LG). I made sure that they grew up Raiders' fans. I would never subject them to the likes of Mike Brown, someone whom I knew cared only about one thing....how much money can he make, and that he would do everything in his power to make sure that they wouldn't win games because it costs more money to try to win and not make it than it does to just be mediocre and let the franchise's value increase from year to year. Playoff road games are extremely expensive, and most teams that are on the rise start by playing a road game. Mike Brown couldn't afford to take that chance and would make sure that his teams would never get a chance to play a road game. He's still trying to run a mom-and-pop store in a Walmart world.

My sons every summer and winter would spend a few weeks with their Uncles, Aunts and Cousins in the Bay Area. They'd stand on the sidelines during Raiders games in the Winter, got to hold the Super Bowl trophy in their arms, spend time at the Celebrity Golf Tournament in Lake Tahoe/Reno in the summers where all of the best of the Sports personalities would be playing like Bench, Elway and Barkley and get to talk to them and stuff. It just wouldn't be right to have them follow Mike Brown when they could be around the world of the Raiders. What the media tries to portray of the Raiders is the complete opposite of what they are like. Their Uncles weren't the John Matuszak/Kenny Stabler drunken ball-players, but were/are strong Christians with good families. One of their cousins now plays for the Cowboys, and another one blew out his knee too many times or he would have had a shot. One of my sons could have been great at sports (excellent hand-eye coordination and left-handed and he never let fear intimidate him), but he was more into music instead (he was in three bands at the age of 12 at the same time), which I fully supported buying him his guitars, and the other one loved basketball, but just didn't have the athletic abilities to succeed, sadly (for his own dreams to not be realized).

Al Davis treats his football family extremely well. Everyone's close. Just a few years ago, he took every ex-player who wanted to go with the team to Spain when they had that pre-season game there. It was a family cruise. Al Davis has only one goal, and that is to win. There's nothing to fault with someone like that. Al Davis will do anything it takes to win. While he's struggled the last two decades, also, he's also been to the Super Bowl as recently as 2002, and made the playoffs in 2002, 2001, 2000, 1993, 1991, and 1990 (beat the Bengals in 1990, 20-10). They have had 6 playoff victories since the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. The Raiders still win, and they have something to build on from last year after an 8-8 record. I'm not a Raiders fan, but I respect their organization, something I don't respect in the Bengals.

My second favorite football team right now and over the last 10 years is definitely the San Diego Chargers. My third favorite team is the New York Jets. I tried, but could never really get into liking the Seahawks. I really like the Mariners, though. Completely polar opposites when it comes to franchises.

If Bratkowski wasn't fired this year, I was seriously going to say good-bye to the Bengals forever.....or at least until Mike Brown died. But, Brat was fired. Zimmer is still the head coach, there was a good draft last year. The Palmer thing is a mess. But, we have good Cornerbacks if we can resign Joseph. There's some promise on the Defensive side of the ball and the Offensive side of the ball. The Jay Gruden signing was a complete joke, typical cheap-ass Mike Brown bringing in someone he knows he can have complete control over. I really don't know what deal Marvin Lewis made that encouraged him to resign with the Bengals for two more years. Marvin could have left and gone somewhere else, but he must have gotten some concession, and I think it was the firing of Bratkowski. Marvin's never had his own OC and DC here. He still doesn't. No way in hell did Marvin want to bring in Jay Gruden, but I have a feeling it was something like Mike Brown telling him that I'll give you three candidates and you pick the guy you want. Childress was probably the guy he wanted, but Childress probably backed out himself. It's just nearly impossible to work for Mike Brown. It's about as difficult as it is to work for Al Davis. But, at least with Davis, you know he wants to win. It's just a different type of meddling.

Anyway, it looks like I'm here to stay, as Mike Brown can't have more than 10 years left running the team, and I can now out-wait him.

Au revoir, Mike Brown. This is your swan song, so you better give it all you've got and go out a winner. It's a shitty-ass start the way it's going this year. Your best bet is to trade for a veteran Quarterback like McNabb, or next year's 1st Rounder for Kevin Kolb, and draft Defense with the #4 pick in the draft and hope that Kaepernick is around still when you pick in the 2nd Round. Or, just give it up. Hire a frickin' G.M. for once in your life and give him the power to increase the scouting department four-fold. Let the Coaches coach, and the scouts scout, and the owner run the business side of the company, while letting football people run the football side of the company. And, get a damn indoor practice facility for Christ's sake! You woo Free Agents to the team by sucking up to them and pampering them. Give them some fluff.

And, I started back at that Enquirer website forum. It was 1990 when I started at that site using no pictures, audio (and especially not any video), as I really only liked plain text. That site went defunct, and I followed where everyone else went, eventually leading to here because it was good talk. I've never posted at that site that's called something like gobengals or whatever, and have only visited it a couple of times. I find it pretty immature, though the avatars are great, I must say. I've always been BlazerBenner, except for back in 1990 when I tried BlazerRed, but went quickly to BlazerBenner.

No thin-skinned folks will post here at bengalsjungle, at least not for very long, and certainly not any close-minded people. It takes an open mind to be able to discuss something with someone who's viewpoints are opposite of yours, and then still sit down and have a beer with them afterwards. It's about respecting someone else to have a right to their opinions even if you don't agree with any of it. Don't take it personally. If you live long enough, you find out pretty much that everything you eventually thought was true was not.
    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 04-12-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Born and raised in Cincy. Graduated H.S. in 1982, so the early 80s was a time of Bengals greatness and my coming of age, so they kinda worked their way in to me. Joined the USAF in 1985. Returned to Ohio in 1988 (didn't they go 6-0 to start that season?) only for them to be good again at a key time in my life.

Whatever board that was that we were on when 9/11 hit, and they threw us out, is where I started with the group. I rarely go to any other sports-based board. Between this place, a little Facebooking to stay in touch with my Cincy family now that I'm in Columbus, some financial web sites, computer-related, and auto/cycle sites, that's about it. That I'll admit in writing, anyway! :-)

So, "the Bungs", as my social group calls them, drew me in with two well timed, really good seasons, a couple other decent ones, and then punished me for 20+ years for having the audacity to hope for it to happen again.

But the quality of discourse on this board is miles more adult and civil, even in the politics area, than virtually any other place I have visited. That despite my best efforts to drag us into oblivion! Seriously though, this place is like Cheers! A comfortable place to get a dose of a certain type of interaction with others that I seek.

My journey with everyone here began in 1999 at Cincinnati Talk. My name is Ben, but I've always been known on message boards as Toronto Bengal. I've been a Bengals fan since 1981 when my dad turned on an NFL playoff game and asked me who I was cheering for. I was a kid, and I liked the Bengals uniforms, so I said "Cincinnati". I'm very loyal, so it would seem.

I've met most of the regulars here over the years. I met some of you at Fries, when they were filming a movie that I assume never worked out. Some of you may not remember meeting me because of the 9% Quebec beer I bring with me to tailgates.

The Bengals are a stunning 12-0 when I am in attendance, which includes wins over Barry Sanders and the Lions in Detroit, and a 12-0 KC team that Peter Warrick destroyed.

12-0?, Toronto?

You better find a way to get to the next Bengals' playoff game, OK?
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

CinciFan, the NCAA College Gymnastics Championships are this weekend in Columbus. Now, there's an event to see some real athletics.

My name is obvious. The MTSU at the end stands for Middle Tennessee State University. I originally started out on the old Cincy Talk pages until they went down on 9/11. I bounced around like most of the others here-- Fanhome, Huddles and now here. Been a Bengals fan since the mid-70s; although at that time, they were only my AFC team as Dallas was my favorite NFL team. Bengals and Cowboys have flip-flopped positions in terms of my loyalty. Still pissed at Montana and Clark for ruining my dream Super Bowl. During my high school years, I used my profits from a paper route to buy season tickets for 4 years. Been in the military for 20 years and stationed in Florida for the past 16 years. I just resumed being a season ticket holder for 2011.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Always been LimaBengal, but been referred to by many names. lol
    Started on Cincy Talk and followed the nomads around the Net, finally to settle here.
    Been a Bengal fan since the inception. I was raised on Jimmy Brown and Frank Ryan, but switched after a series of moves by Modell. In quick succession, the Browns fired Blanton Collier, hired Nick Skorich, traded Paul Warfield to Miami for the rights to draft Mike Phipps, traded Jim Kanicki, Ron Johnson and Jack Gregory for Homer friggin' Jones (to replace Warfield). And I was done forever. Paul Brown was staring a new team and I jumped on. Been here through thick and thin....mostly thin.

I post on here for enjoyment only. Never have claimed to know anything. Love being an antagonist. lol

I really am a doctorb. Live in Bengal country now, Lexington. Went to my first training camp last year where i took an immortal picture of Andre Smith that was linked in at least 2 blogs on the net...it really is a great picture of that fat slob.

I started posting on the Bengals Insiders forum since 2000 or so. I love that board. It's like a bunch of us have grown up together....met up with 2 of the posters when I went to conferences in Toronto. Other than those 2, the other internet poster I've met is LeTigre during a game a few years ago. I was on the Huddles site when I wanted a forum that posted a little more than the Insiders board and came here with the migration. I can't post on any other Bengal board as I've pretty much been banned from them all.

That was pretty funny, tibor.

Quote Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
    I really am a doctorb. Live in Bengal country now, Lexington. Went to my first training camp last year where i took an immortal picture of Andre Smith that was linked in at least 2 blogs on the net...it really is a great picture of that fat slob.

I started posting on the Bengals Insiders forum since 2000 or so. I love that board. It's like a bunch of us have grown up together....met up with 2 of the posters when I went to conferences in Toronto. Other than those 2, the other internet poster I've met is LeTigre during a game a few years ago. I was on the Huddles site when I wanted a forum that posted a little more than the Insiders board and came here with the migration. I can't post on any other Bengal board as I've pretty much been banned from them all.
    time to ban you can't let Bengals Jungle be the only one.

My screen name tells you where I'm from. My real name is Steve. Born, bred and fiercely proud Australian :-)

Unlike a lot of you guys (and girls) here, I'm a relative newcomer to Bengaldom. I knew bugger all about the NFL until a friend showed me a game one day (he's a Niners fan but I won't hold that against him). I fell in love with it straight away.

Next step - to pick a team. My favorite animal is the tiger so it seemed that the Bengals would be the perfect choice after thumbing through a copy of Lindy's. So began my loving, hating, rollercoaster ride of supporting this team.

I started following the Bengals the year Klingler was drafted, so unlike many of you I've pretty much never seen a good season with this team aside from 2005. I liken this team to going to the strippers - both promise so much but never deliver. You could imagine my excitement when I saw us go 9-7 which is tragic in itself.

Like most of us I've followed you guys from Cincytalk to whatever board we went to next. The mass exodus from Fanhome was quite funny.

My wardrobe is full of Bengals gear (thankyou Ebay), I have a Bengals flag hanging in my garage next to my Aussie flag. I have a Bengals sticker on my car and a mini Bengals licence plate on my motorcycle. I was also stupid enough to get a tattoo of the Bengals helmet on my shoulder. Just about everything I have is orange and black.

I was lucky enough to play this great game for 9 years in a local league and played in several championship games. I had some of the best times of my life padding up and smacking heads on a Sunday afternoon. During that time we got to play against some high schoool state teams from the USA. Not surprisingly, they tore us a new one. They had a running back who was lightning quick and very agile on his feet.

Who would have thought I could turn around and say "I played against Ahman Green".

Even after all of this, I've never made it to America. One day I'll get there................................
    It's an "Eeem-you" and not an "Eee-moo" and koalas are not related to bears.

I came over from the other board, but changed my screen name at the switch.

I grew up in the Dayton area, and have been a Bengals fan as long as I've been a sports fan. Unfortunately I've passed my love for losers onto my now 10 year old son, who is a HUGE Bengals fan. At least it gives me an excuse to come to a game on the rare occasion. "But honey, it's for the BOY!".

I'm in the Columbus area now, so have to deal with the Brown outs. I hope beyond all hope that the Bengals can turn it around before Cleveland does. I hate pretty much all things Cleveland and with C-Bus being a fair weather town when it comes to pro sports I couldn't bear living through this being a "Browns Town" again, even if it was temporary.
    Sto Pro Veritate

My name is Jim. I was born and raised in Cincy growing up on the west side - go Panthers.

I had Bengals season tickets in the inaugural seasons at Nippert and the following season at Riverfront. After sitting in about row 20 on the 20 yard line at Nippert our Riverfront seats were halfway up the upper deck in the end zone looking from one corner of the end zone to the other. After multiple complaints from fans like me Paul Brown was quoted in the paper that the best seats in the stadium were in those locations of the end zones - the apple does not fall from the tree.

After that season my business required several moves to other places, Boston, Ft. Lauderdale and finally Winston-Salem but I have always been a Bengal fan even through the Dolphins undefeated system.

I am just that a fan and do not follow the Xs and Os and other teams personnel as closely as many of you. Therefore, I do not engage in many of the debates in an effort to not look foolish. However, I throughly enjoy reading the post and the input of the different points of view.

I am also a diehard Reds fan.
    Last edited by NCStripes; 04-13-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBengal View Post

During that time we got to play against some high schoool state teams from the USA.
    Man, who are these uber-rich High Schools that can afford that kind of a road-trip? Must be Catholic.

Is this like an AA meeting? Hi, I'm TD Bengals and I'm a Bengals addict. I know being a Bengals fan isn't healthy, but I just can't bring myself to quit.

Like a few others, I was on the old Cincy Talk boards back in the mid-late '90s. Went to Fanhome for awhile until that board imploded. I was a refugee for a few months until someone posted a link to this board. I had a couple of different usernames on CincyTalk, but I've been TD Bengals ever since going to Fanhome.

I'm 31 years old and live in Northern Kentucky. Went to school at UK. Been a Reds and Bengals fan since I was about 7 or 8. Interesting fact: my great grandfather's brother was Earl Wilson, quarterback for Navy who was paralyzed in a game against Villanova in 1909 and subsequently died 6 months later.

For the Reds fans, I just added a Reds forum. I quit watching baseball with last strike and said I would never watch another baseball game. I haven't either. But since all of those players are retired I decided I might start watch again. So now you can enjoy another forum and a championship season. I will style it later in Reds colors.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Man, who are these uber-rich High Schools that can afford that kind of a road-trip? Must be Catholic.
    Not sure how they could afford it BB but it was squad made up from different schools to represent one of the states (can't remember which one though)
    It's an "Eeem-you" and not an "Eee-moo" and koalas are not related to bears.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBengal View Post
    Not sure how they could afford it BB but it was squad made up from different schools to represent one of the states (can't remember which one though)
    Nebraska

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post

Tibor: How could you forget meeting me at Fitzgerald's a few years back to watch the Bengals-Baltimore game? You told me I wasn't as bizarre looking as you pictured me!

Anyway, I am Shebengal. I started posting at Cincytalk in December of 1999 and have, like most of you, wandered from board to board and finally arrived here. I am the minority in my household as my husband "hubby dearest" and my son "the boy" are both Browns fans. I also try to organize get togethers in the Columbus area for the draft and the games where the Bengals are "Browned Out" so being browned out really doesn't bother me as long as I can go someplace to commiserate with other Bengals fans. Grew up in Cincy and used to watch football with my dad on Sundays once he retired from coaching youth football, but spent a good part of my autumn Sundays at a CYO game, either watching Dad coach or watching one of my 4 older brothers play. Came to Columbus in 1981 to attend OSU and never left and was in a dorm full of Cleveland natives. I haven't been to a Bengals game at PBS since the opener in 2000, but usually go up to the Bengals-Browns game in Cleveland every year, where hubby dearest, much to my chagrin, sticks us in the Family Zone, (because it's cheap) where you can't drink and you can't swear. He still doesn't get that if there's ever a game I need to drink and cuss at, it's that one!

Anyway, I have met a lot of the posters here, including LT, tibor (even if he doesn't remember), Supercat, CinciFan, Sox, Toronto Bengal, RTime, and Mad Doctor.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Wow it was that long ago I met you. How time does fly.

Stryker57-- long time bengals fan and only nfl team i follow or root for. ( well unless its a team playing the steelers/ravens or Colts).
    Been around here since cinci talk, got lost when it closed, but SC (i think) found me and drug me through the DDD ( diamond dave debacle), fan home, and possiblity someother place till we landed here..
    Was born mid 60's Been a construction worker most my life, but with the death of the economy tried college and graduating this spring with me associates.
    Never met anyone here in person,
    most seem very nice folks so probally would like ya if i ever did.
    well 'cept tibor .

I became a Bengal fan around 1987 or 1988. I was around 11 or 12, had just started playing junior high football, and decided I liked it. This was in western Pennsylvania - right smack in the middle of Browns/Steelers territory. My Dad and older brother are hard core Steelers fans, but for whatever reason, much like Toronto Bengal (above), the tiger striped unis got me. They'll do that when you're young, plus a quarterback named Boomer and a running back named Icky... what 12 year old doesn't love that. So it stuck. And now, yes, Thanksgivings are interesting. Holidays are hard to enjoy in the midst of gloating Steelers fans.

I used to post under a different handle on a board between roughly 2000 and 2005. I don't remember the name of that board, but the reason I started posting here is that I recognize some familiar handles. There used to be a Coyotyl and a LondonBengal on that board, plus a few that I still see here. I posted then under the name 'Kolson,' which is my surname. That board got really, really political, and I got sucked into way too many arguments and decided to give it up. (If anybody here remembers me from before, I promise I'll behave myself now).

Hey, just got back on here after staying away for a while. My real name is Jeremy and my screenname is fairly obvious. I have been around some of you, mostly as a lurker, since the board on Cincy.com. Most of my posting happened when we were on huddles, but then I also migrated here when we all did that.

Have been a victim...err...fan of the Bengals since the 80's really. I jumped on board during a season that they only won 4 games just simply because I am a sucker for hard luck cases. They rewarded me with a Super Bowl run the very next year. My wardrobe is about half orange and black and I literally have a Bengals shirt for every day of the week.

I have moved around a little bit for work over the years, so I have lived in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee and now Louisiana. It's interesting being one of the only Bengals fans here in Saints country.

I had a chance to meet several of you at the playoff game in 2005. It's a privilege to be able to play fantasy football with several of you and regularly get beat. Hey someone has to do it. I don't post near as much as I used to, but I do stop in and read what you have to say often.

They call me MadDoctor. I've been around since the Cincytalk days. Back then, I had way more time to spend posting on message boards than I do now. But I still poke my nose in here a couple times a week just to keep track of my old friends (those that are left). Keep up the good work here SC. BTW, has anyone heard from that chocolate fireplug, Orlando? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by bengaljer View Post

My wardrobe is about half orange and black and I literally have a Bengals shirt for every day of the week.
    That's pretty cool.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    BTW, has anyone heard from that chocolate fireplug, Orlando? Just wondering.
    I found Orlando on Facebook. We both belong to a group about our hometown. I told him where to find us and gave him this website.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    Tibor: How could you forget meeting me at Fitzgerald's a few years back to watch the Bengals-Baltimore game? You told me I wasn't as bizarre looking as you pictured me!
    With LeTigre in Columbus? yep, remember now...

I swore off message boards a few years ago but I've fallen off the wagon. I was around when the old Enquirer board went down after the cowardly attacks in 2001. (I refuse to call them terrorists because I'm not afraid of them and they are cowards for attacking unarmed women and children.)

I have an unhealthy obsession of the Bengals though I did manage to give up my season tickets 2 years ago. Went to my first Bengals game in 1974 and I've been hooked ever since. Proud alum of Western Hills High (home of Pete Rose whom my aunt once turned down for a date) and NKU.

My name comes from the title of a Christian oriented book for men who reach the midpoint or "Halftime" of their lives where they take account of the first half of their lives and game plan for the second half. I was also known as Rhino for a while on one message board.

Real name Michael. Born @ old Jewish Hospital. Only lived in Cincy for 3 years, but visited relatives every year growing up. Started as Raiders fan because I had them as one of the teams on my Tudor electric football game. However, I always loved it in Cincinnati, and decided to become Reds and Bengals fan in the mid-70's. I grew up mostly in Chicago and will follow the Cubs and Bears if they are doing well and the Cincy teams aren't. Currently live in Arkansas and also follow the 'backs.

Been posting since around 2000 on Cincytalk. Briefly had a screen name that had consisted of the initials of good/great players soP pissed away early in his reign.

Been lurking mostly lately, family issues preventing me spending much time here, not been inclined to post. Just doesn't seem important. I usually wisecrack, sometimes serious, occaisionally funny (but I try) :-)
    (ludwigvii was the funniest poster i've ever seen)

My screen name was a name I came up with for a PC-based multiplayer game that was based loosely on Middle Earth and other fantasy places. I was the Orcs, so I wanted a name for the king that sounded bad-ass but funny at the same time, hence Slade. the X being Slade the Tenth.

If nothing else, this place is a great read, as noted recently by another poster.

It's been so long since I visited, I guess I got deleted and had to re-register...was one of the originals back in 1999 on cincytalk...was online 9/11/01 when the site went down. Traveled with everyone from site to site and came home from Korea in 2002 to meet a few of you at the games...Supercat, Ralphmtsu, shebengal, my pal LeTigre and Mad Doctor..etc...even had a Le Fin De Mond from Toronto Bengal....great time. I moved to Ashland KY when I got married and have pretty much focused my life on church. Will stop by from time to time to visit you guys...Hope I can find my old avatar!

Wow it has been a long time AFB. You were more than likely deleted when I was hacked twice in one month. That is why this is being done again. I fixed the problem and haven't been bother since. I will look for it also, I should have it somewhere, but not sure.
    Welcome back;
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceBengal View Post
    It's been so long since I visited, I guess I got deleted and had to re-register...was one of the originals back in 1999 on cincytalk...was online 9/11/01 when the site went down. Traveled with everyone from site to site and came home from Korea in 2002 to meet a few of you at the games...Supercat, Ralphmtsu, shebengal, my pal LeTigre and Mad Doctor..etc...even had a Le Fin De Mond from Toronto Bengal....great time. I moved to Ashland KY when I got married and have pretty much focused my life on church. Will stop by from time to time to visit you guys...Hope I can find my old avatar!

Hey all. My real name is Peggy. Been a Bengal fan since the mid 80's after a co-worker got me into them (darn her!) I don't post much but I like reading all of yours & keeping up with everyone's opinions. My husband & two kids (20 & 17) don't watch football at all & can't understand my Bengal fandom. My husband gave up on them (& football too mostly) a long time ago.

I live in Chillicothe & get browned out of a lot of Bengals games. I'm hoping this year is better or Sunday Ticket is cheaper, whichever.

I've lurked around on all the boards and ended up here. I'm on twitter (@peg_adams) if anyone is interested in connecting there. It's fun on game days. I tweet about a lot more than sports and the Bengals though, so be warned! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lady tiger(cubs) View Post
    Hey all. My real name is Peggy. Been a Bengal fan since the mid 80's after a co-worker got me into them (darn her!) I don't post much but I like reading all of yours & keeping up with everyone's opinions. My husband & two kids (20 & 17) don't watch football at all & can't understand my Bengal fandom. My husband gave up on them (& football too mostly) a long time ago.

I live in Chillicothe & get browned out of a lot of Bengals games. I'm hoping this year is better or Sunday Ticket is cheaper, whichever.

I've lurked around on all the boards and ended up here. I'm on twitter (@peg_adams) if anyone is interested in connecting there. It's fun on game days. I tweet about a lot more than sports and the Bengals though, so be warned! LOL
    Peggy? Are you the guy on those Discover commercials?

I should shove this in a file someplace to do a copy/paste.

Short and sweet: I was one of the first members on the Cincy Talk board when they launched in March 1999. A great core group developed there and traveled together to a variety of boards simply looking for a stable home. PaulBrown Bengal (Super Cat) finally stepped up and provided a home here. I still see the familiar posters here but don't post quite as much. The color contrast gets tough to read and I spend most of the time reading posting from my iPhone. (SuperCat, consider a more friendly color scheme and graphics).

I represent the Philly contingent with the outsiders' point of view. Been to Cincy for a game and met some of you, most notably, LeTigre, Sweenco, MadDoc and El Lobo. Been a fan since the mid 70's still waiting for the Lombardi trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    The color contrast gets tough to read and I spend most of the time reading posting from my iPhone. (SuperCat, consider a more friendly color scheme and graphics).

Harley there are other styles you can view the forum in. If you scroll to bottom of the page on the bottom left there is a drop down where you can pick you style. I suggest dark gray. It has a white background and black text. There is also a pink style a political style and the newest style is America. I need to do some tweeting on most styles and will work on them more with next upgrade as there are some surprises that may throw off the styles and I don't want to do double work.

I have an announcement on top of all the forums titled
    Read it your way/ Styling that tells you the same thing I'm telling you now.

Thanks Super Cat...my old computer died, still has the old fiend on it...thanks for digging it up!