Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Welcome to the Jungle sandwedge.

"The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

After a dozen or so years of lurking I finally decided to join up...

Been a Bengals fan most of my life (season ticket holder since '81). And YES, I did go to the Freezer Bowl...

I never played the game, so take my opinions with that in mind, but I like to think I can question SoP, Marvin and Co. with the best of them...

Welcome and enjoy the ride. Who Dey

Hello. I am a cast-off from the soon-to-be-departed bengals.com forum. Hoping to find a home here now that my old home is being demolished and forced into the streets. Hoping some of my homeless bretheren wil migrate here as well.

One post? Man, that's a little depressing. But, happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Awful Llama View Post
    Hello. I am a cast-off from the soon-to-be-departed bengals.com forum. Hoping to find a home here now that my old home is being demolished and forced into the streets. Hoping some of my homeless bretheren wil migrate here as well.

Welcome to the board. You'll find some pretty knowledgeable people around here!

Thanks, man.
    The story so far:
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    - Douglas Adams

I too am a soon to be non-member of the Bengals.com message boards. 5 year member here. Look out for others... some even 10 year vets. The ship is sinking but we'll find a new one somewhere. Is it here.... ?

Welcome, and please feel free to invite all refugees!

You will find this site informative. Dare I say..even a bit fun.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Hello, everyone! I too am a cast-off from the bengals.com site. I'm sure that there will be dozens more that follow here, and hopefully, us outcasts can find a place.

All for one and one for all...

Just give Jeremy Hill the ball.

A great big "Welcome!" to y'all.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
    Hello, everyone! I too am a cast-off from the bengals.com site. I'm sure that there will be dozens more that follow here, and hopefully, us outcasts can find a place.
    Make yourself at home. We are a close nit bunch here. Don't let the back and forth banter fool you here sometimes, we are all friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
    I too am a soon to be non-member of the Bengals.com message boards. 5 year member here. Look out for others... some even 10 year vets. The ship is sinking but we'll find a new one somewhere. Is it here.... ?
    Your choice, but you won't find a better site than here.

This site started with nomads traveling from forum to forum. You can feel at home here.

I am a life long Bengals fan. I joined the air force in 86. I have always read different forums and thought I should join but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1625 View Post
    I am a life long Bengals fan. I joined the air force in 86. I have always read different forums and thought I should join but never did.
    Jehosephat you're ancient! But, welcome anyway.

(disclaimer: I joined USAF in 1985!)

:-)

Air Force! We have another thinker on board.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1625 View Post
    Welcome to Bengals Jungle. Enjoy and don't be shy.

Greetings!

I'm Barbara from Kentucky. I've been a Bengals fan my entire life. I remember the late 70s and 80s Bengals, but not well because I was a kid. I remember the SuperBowl. I'll never forget Krumrie's injury. Scarred me for life.

I followed the Bengals throughout my adult life, but not closely. I always checked to see who won, watched highlights, watched a game if I was home with my dad. I sort of grew away from the fandom for awhile. I got really into UK Wildcats basketball through high school and college, and became more focused on that.

About the time Dalton and Green joined the Bengals I was immersed back into the NFL. It was mostly a way to geek out with my dad. He's getting older and there aren't many things we can have good conversations about. It started with watching every Bengals game and talking about it after. Then I started reading articles and watching stats. Then I began checking injury reports and getting more invested in the individual players. I started watching any game I could, even if the Bengals weren't playing. I now listen to podcasts, join pick 'em leagues all over, participate in several forums, play Fantasy Football, and have generally become and All-Bengals-All the Time kind of fan.

I got to take my dad to his first live Bengals game in 2013. Amazing experience. I'd love to be a season ticket holder.

I now spend hours every week discussing and dissecting all things Bengals with family and friends.

I'm new to this site. I lurk on many forums, but don't do a lot of posting. I'm a glass-half-full kind of thinker and always expect the best of this team. I never give up, even when I should.

Pretty much me in a nutshell.

Welcome to the forum, it's always nice to find another Bengals fan. Congratulations on taking the next step to becoming not only a fan, but a fanatic!

Welcome Barbara. Glad to have you!

Welcome Home. The best Bengal fans on the planet

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Welcome Barbara! Glad to see another female on the site!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Still getting my feet wet, but I'll get to know everyone over time.

I am known as JungleJohn on the CincyJungle forum. I like it there and have been a member for several years and will continue to post there. I am a relatively private person and would rather not have my name out there. I am a business man who has operated an engineering and machine building business for 25 years or so. I am also an old guy. I am a Vietnam combat veteran serving with the 101st Airborne Army Rangers. How old am I? Dirt plus 7 years. I knew Jim Thorpe when he was a lad.

I am here to meet some new people and learn new things from new people.

I am known as JungleJohn on the CincyJungle forum. I like it there and have been a member for several years and will continue to post there. I am a relatively private person and would rather not have my name out there. I am a business man who has operated an engineering and machine building business for 25 years or so. I am also an old guy. I am a Vietnam combat veteran serving with the 101st Airborne Army Rangers. How old am I? Dirt plus 7 years. I knew Jim Thorpe when he was a lad.

I am here to meet some new people and learn new things from new people.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay. We aren't a huge group of people, but the majority of us you will find are knowledgeable and long time fans.

Been a Bengals fan for probably too long, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I guess. They were on black and white TV when I started following and the phone in our house was bolted to the kitchen wall and controlled with an iron fist by my mother.
    I was probably kicked off the old Bengals.com site more times than they won games then went over to the net site till it mysteriously vanished into domain name purgatory. Sooooo..I dropped by here and trying to get used to the color scheme.
    Last week, that Houston game wasn't fun, but I'm not going to rag on our team. I'm just going to tip my hat (I don't wear a hat) to Houstons defense. They played a great game. ON TO ARIZONA!

Welcome Grandpahol. I don't why the double post for some but will be trying to have time to fix it in next few days. My personal life is taking over my time at the moment.
    As far as color scheme. Scroll to bottom of page, in the left hand corner there is a drop down box so you can choose a different scheme.

Welcome! MisterMustardJungleJohn. I'm new here, too, but also have been on CincyJungle for a couple of years. I don't really post much, though.

Just wanted to let any other members of The Bengals Board know that we are back up @ www.thebengalsboard.com

Holic

Just joined today. Had been a member of the board on the Bengals site. I've been a season ticket holder since 1986, so I've been there for the good and the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Just joined today. Had been a member of the board on the Bengals site. I've been a season ticket holder since 1986, so I've been there for the good and the bad.
    Welcome to the forum

New member hear from Ontario Canada and I just bought tickets to see my first every Bengal game at Paul Brown Stadium in September. Unfortunately my gf is a Broncos fan.....will see be OK if she wears here Broncos jersey or is it best she doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco View Post
    New member hear from Ontario Canada and I just bought tickets to see my first every Bengal game at Paul Brown Stadium in September.
    Awesome! Congrats!

Unfortunately my gf is a Broncos fan.....will see be OK if she wears here Broncos jersey or is it best she doesn't?
    She's not going to have any problems, absent actually seeking out trouble by hassling people. Just like everywhere else, chicks can pretty much do whatever they want.

Plus, we're gonna drill them anyway, so the Bengals fans are gonna be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco View Post
    New member hear from Ontario Canada and I just bought tickets to see my first every Bengal game at Paul Brown Stadium in September. Unfortunately my gf is a Broncos fan.....will see be OK if she wears here Broncos jersey or is it best she doesn't?
    Welcome to Bengals Jungle.
    She shouldn't have any trouble at all. Unless she is a Steelers fan. We welcome other fans into Cincy unless they are trouble makers like most Steeler fans. Have fun in Cincy.

Hey there, my name is Jane Sill and I grew up being a Bengals fan. My father who is from Thailand (Sill is actually my short version for "Sillapakalgun") is a huge Bengals fan. That admiration was passed on to me that is why I am here. See you guys around!

Welcome to the forum! So what time do you have to get up on Sundays to watch the games?

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by janesill View Post
    Hey there, my name is Jane Sill and I grew up being a Bengals fan. My father who is from Thailand (Sill is actually my short version for "Sillapakalgun") is a huge Bengals fan. That admiration was passed on to me that is why I am here. See you guys around!
    Welcome to the forum. It's great to see another member of the female sex in here!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by janesill View Post
    Welcome to Bengals Jungle, enjoy your stay.

Hey gang been along time since I visited the jungle. Have to say I'm happy to still see it around!

WHO DEY ALL DAY!
    WHO DEY!!

Two great things started in 1968 Me and the Cincinnati Bengals!

Quote Originally Posted by cincyjon View Post
    Hey gang been along time since I visited the jungle. Have to say I'm happy to still see it around!

WHO DEY ALL DAY!
    Who Dey!!
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha