Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Opponents Watch 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Browns now have Two firsts, two seconds, and two fifth round picks next year.
    if only they could draft worth a shit..
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    if only they could draft worth a shit..
    Now they have statistics people doing their drafts instead of guys picking names out of a hat.

Now they have statistics people doing their drafts instead of guys picking names out of a hat.
    ok....we'll see I guess.

and what happened to football people doing drafts btw?
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

But, they also have a new HC who doesn't believe in metrics, who will have an influence on the draft.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

and what happened to football people doing drafts btw?
    Duke Tobin and the Seahawks embarrassed them all and they are trying to catch up to these two.
    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 08-26-2016 at 12:10 AM.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Big news, Houston losses it's second round pick and starting Center Nick Martin (Go Irish!) to season ending ankle surgery.
    That Offense was already on life support. Now you can pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    That Offense was already on life support. Now you can pull the plug.
    Life support? They have Osweiler, Lamar Miller, DeAndre Hopkins, and Will Fuller. Not to mention that Braxton Miller has looked good.

Jason Garrett: Tony Romo has broken bone in his back

Another example of the utter uselessness of the NFL Preseason.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Ravens take a big hit, TE Ben Watson out for the year with torn Achilles.

Not a regular season opponent, but colts lost OG and former Buckeye Jack Mewhort for the season with a torn ACL.

See Post #89.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Not a regular season opponent, but colts lost OG and former Buckeye Jack Mewhort for the season with a torn ACL.
    Huge loss for the Colts, who already lost Vontae Davis for 6 weeks.

Mewhort played at a Pro Bowl level last season and probably would have made the line calls as he mentored for Rookie C Ryan Kelly. Now, they'll use 5th Rd Rookie Joel Haig to play LG. Luck was sacked twice and hit four more times in just one half. Moncrief looks ready to be a 1000-yd Receiver to bookend Hilton, but Luck's going to have to grasp getting rid of the ball quickly if he's going to stay healthy.

Huge loss for the Colts, who already lost Vontae Davis for 6 weeks.

Mewhort played at a Pro Bowl level last season and probably would have made the line calls as he mentored for Rookie C Ryan Kelly. Now, they'll use 5th Rd Rookie Joel Haig to play LG. Luck was sacked twice and hit four more times in just one half. Moncrief looks ready to be a 1000-yd Receiver to bookend Hilton, but Luck's going to have to grasp getting rid of the ball quickly if he's going to stay healthy.
    Now Irsay is saying he will only miss 2-4 weeks. Reports were way off. Though there has been a bunch of injuries today. Oliver for the Chargers tore his Achilles and Mike Jenkins has bad injury.

With Bridgewater ####ed, how much is a guy like Sanchez or Kaepernick worth now?

With Bridgewater ####ed, how much is a guy like Sanchez or Kaepernick worth now?
    To me they aren't worth as much as Hill. I'd take Hill over both.

From a PR standpoint, Kaepernick is poison.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    From a PR standpoint, Kaepernick is poison.
    not to mention, he pretty much just flat out sucks...

Wow, Bryce Petty got released by the Jets...I'd trade McCarron right now for a Second round pick and pick him up. I'd be really interested to see what Zampese could do with Petty. He has Size, speed, and an arm.

Browns now have Two firsts, two seconds, and two fifth round picks next year.
    Damn. That's a LOT of dead cap space in 3 years!

Welp it is official, dislocated knee and torn ACL for Teddy. Season over.

So sorry for Teddy and Zim, but did you hear what Zim said? He told the team he lost his wife 7 years ago and that the sun came up the next day and life goes on.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Looks like the Ravens left side of the OL will be rookies. Just saying..some teams don't red shirt
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    So sorry for Teddy and Zim, but did you hear what Zim said? He told the team he lost his wife 7 years ago and that the sun came up the next day and life goes on.
    He actually said that the sun came up the next day and everybody has to go to work. Life goes on. That Defense is going to be even better. It may just be good enough, when combined with AP, that they will just beat everybody 12-9.

He actually said that the sun came up the next day and everybody has to go to work. Life goes on. That Defense is going to be even better. It may just be good enough, when combined with AP, that they will just beat everybody 12-9.
    ...or AP could be run into the ground and out of action by week 8 with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Looks like the Ravens left side of the OL will be rookies. Just saying..some teams don't red shirt
    I think the question you should be asking yourself is- why do the Ravens need to start two rookies on their o'line?

...and why would that ever be considered a good thing?
    Last edited by spicoli; 08-31-2016 at 09:35 PM.

...or AP could be run into the ground and out of action by week 8 with injuries.
    This is the same AP who recovered better from a major injury faster than anyone in the history of NFL Runningbacks. So, I don't think so.

This is the same AP who recovered better from a major injury faster than anyone in the history of NFL Runningbacks. So, I don't think so.
    ...and we are talking about a position that has one of the shortest life spans in the NFL. We are also talking about a position that has the hugest production sudden drop off of any position in the NFL...

I think the question you should be asking yourself is- why do the Ravens need to start two rookies on their o'line?

...and why would that ever be considered a good thing?
    Because they are the Rats. They do everything right. So I have been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Because they are the Rats. They do everything right. So I have been told.
    Just how many AFC North titles have the Rats won in the past 5 years? I think the Bengals have more.

Just how many AFC North titles have the Rats won in the past 5 years? I think the Bengals have more.
    And how many Super Bowls?

...and we are talking about a position that has one of the shortest life spans in the NFL. We are also talking about a position that has the hugest production sudden drop off of any position in the NFL...
    None of that applies to AP, as nothing that has happened before him has ever applied. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he leads the NFL in rushing...again, even though he will see 8 in the box once again most of the time.

Big move by Vikings, getting Bradford from the eagles. I guess the Vikings, unlike the Bengals did not want to 'go with what we have'.

Cost them a 1st rounder and a 4th but a bold bold move. Love it.

Why wouldn't the Bengals go with what we have? Andy Dalton was a legit MVP candidate until getting hurt. If he wasn't hurt, Bengals would have beaten the Broncos and had a first round bye last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Big move by Vikings, getting Bradford from the eagles. I guess the Vikings, unlike the Bengals did not want to 'go with what we have'.

Cost them a 1st rounder and a 4th but a bold bold move. Love it.

it's just too bad Bradford sucks ass.

that's too much to give up, but desperate times and all that I guess...

I hope they didn't offer a 1st and 4th to Bengals for McCarron. I'd be sick to think we gave up those picks for essentially nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
    I hope they didn't offer a 1st and 4th to Bengals for McCarron. I'd be sick to think we gave up those picks for essentially nothing.
    I seriously doubt it.....Bradford has 63 career starts compared to 4 for MacCarron.

Why wouldn't the Bengals go with what we have? Andy Dalton was a legit MVP candidate until getting hurt. If he wasn't hurt, Bengals would have beaten the Broncos and had a first round bye last year.
    What I meant was the Vikes are bold in terms of making a move to cover an injury when the rest of the team is very competitive.

I seriously doubt it.....Bradford has 63 career starts compared to 4 for MacCarron.
    What is the MTBF for that guy? He's always hurt!

What is the MTBF for that guy? He's always hurt!