Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rebuilding year?

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    The problem with this team is not personnel - outside of the FG kicker.
    I agree. Any HC or HC in waiting would love to coach this team - we may not delve in FA and trades but we draft with the best of them which means a constant supply of young talent. the Steelers and Seahawks don't wander into FA often either or deal in trades. But they are better coached than we are. It is not ML that has brought this team back to the respectable level, it is the Tobins.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Lol @ that bug-eyed pointing figurehead on the Stealer sidelines being a "good coach".

BUTZ...TEH SUPER BOLZZ!1!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Lol @ that bug-eyed pointing figurehead on the Stealer sidelines being a "good coach".

He is far better than ML. Sorry, but his team steps up in big games. Yes, they have a better QB but as a whole his team is well prepared each and every week and they play with emotion.

He has the HC quality assistants, as ML has had. He himself is a figurehead. A pointing, bug-eyed mirage.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

He has the HC quality assistants, as ML has had. He himself is a figurehead. A pointing, bug-eyed mirage.
    HE has won playoff games and a SB. So in that regard he is heads and tails above ML. And because he has done so with various assistants some credit needs to go to him. I can't stand the guy but I believe he is a superior HC to Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    The problem is the Bengals take a generation to rebuild. If they don't get extremely lucky with consecutive drafts, they stand still or slide back.

They don't "reload". They don't sign top-tier FAs, like an Alex Mack. They don't trade good players, for needed players. In fact, they don't do anything that would be considered "creative" to put together a realistic contender.

They just use their draft (usually in the order they receive) and hope for the best. Then they keep their draft picks for the length of their contracts (usually beyond). No one leaves Mike Browns farm with money-owed.

And coaching and front office? Don't even go there. lol. That is a lifetime club.
    I believe the rebuilding is mostly coaches. The players I'm talking about is the long time veterans who Marvin is holding onto because they are good for players in locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    I believe the rebuilding is mostly coaches. The players I'm talking about is the long time veterans who Marvin is holding onto because they are good for players in locker room.
    then hold onto them as situational or backup type players not as starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    then hold onto them as situational or backup type players not as starters.
    I don't believe another coach will keep them.

Stats of the Week

There have been seven ties in the 21st century. Marvin Lewis has coached in three of them.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Stats of the Week

There have been seven ties in the 21st century. Marvin Lewis has coached in three of them.
    Play not to lose, instead of playing to win... that's Marvin.

Oh, and Nugent is the cause of at least two of those, against the Panthers and the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    The problem with this team is not personnel - outside of the FG kicker.
    It kind of is. What "players" do we have from the last 3 drafts? We drafted very well prior to that and it showed. This is a franchise that can't draft poorly in 3 straight yrs and still compete.

His team takes on his personality. Just like they did with Cower.

Our team has gone back to taking on the personality of Mediocre Marv. Especially the defense (which wins games in the NFL, by the way.)

We were 8-0 in the first 8 games post Zimmer. We are 7-9-1 in the 17 games since the Zimmer influence wore off.

We have been one of the healthiest teams in the league. Under Zimmer, the defense was regularly decimated with injuries - didn't matter.

Before Zimmer, we couldn't tackle anybody for decades. During Zimmer, we made tackles. We don't tackle anymore.

Zimmer has taken his personality to Minnesota. They tackle and have his personality.

Main problem remains Mike Brown. He seems to be completely satisfied with Mediocre Marvin. As long as folks like LeTigre buy up his expensive tickets - he is satisfied.

LOL at how LT doesn't care about the teams fortunes (because it is a farce) but gives thousands to it's perpetuation.
    Last edited by LimaBengal; 11-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.

His team takes on his personality. Just like they did with Cower.

Our team has gone back to taking on the personality of Mediocre Marv. Especially the defense (which wins games in the NFL, by the way.)

We were 8-0 in the first 8 games post Zimmer. We are 6-9 -1 in the 17 games since. The Zimmer influence has worn off.
    Some also lost their ability to count beyond their number of fingers ...

:-)

7-9-1 lol
    Bengals are 1 and 1/2 games out from leading division and have already played their hardest part of the schedule without Eifert. Behind Steelers who is without rottenburg

Quote on the Bengals website, let's see if Guenther actually does this or is just spouting crap like ML does:

On Tuesday defensive coordinator Paul Guenther vowed to make changes no matter years of seniority as he looks to rehab a defense that is on pace allow 99 more points than last year's franchise-record setting crew

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Quote on the Bengals website, let's see if Guenther actually does this or is just spouting crap like ML does:

On Tuesday defensive coordinator Paul Guenther vowed to make changes no matter years of seniority as he looks to rehab a defense that is on pace allow 99 more points than last year's franchise-record setting crew

I've always said that playing time is based a lot on seniority and cost of contract - not on talent, in Cincinnati.

This just confirms it. If you don't care about rings and such, Mike Brown's farm is a great place to work and raise a family.

Word is that Wallace Gilberry is coming back and Chris Lewis-Harris is gone
    http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...6-895c4c3fc4a7

Quote Originally Posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    I remember very well the choices of 2014:
    Dennard at 24 instead at 31 Bradley Roby who also was much faster
    jeremy hill at 55 good until you see Devonta Freeman at 103 (probowler)
    Will Clarke at 88 good until you see Trai Turner at 92 (probowler)
    and let's not forget that fantastic Bodine at 111
    There are always going to be players who end up being Probowlers that you passed over. 31 teams didn't select those players.

I don't think anyone had a problem with the Dennard pick at the time. Jeremy Hill would be better if he had a better center in front of him.

Dennard instead of the next player taken, multiple Pro-Bowler, CB Jason Verrett.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Every team drafts better in hindsight. Overall, there is no reason is smack our drafting in the last 4 or 5 years. The Pats have had several years in a row with no useful starter from their drafts. We all know why they keep winning. Drafting as I noted earlier is only one piece of the puzzle.

Every team drafts better in hindsight. Overall, there is no reason is smack our drafting in the last 4 or 5 years. The Pats have had several years in a row with no useful starter from their drafts. We all know why they keep winning. Drafting as I noted earlier is only one piece of the puzzle.
    They kerp winning b/c they find new and creative esys to cheat? Next thing you know theyll have MIT kids hacking in to spy SATs to get the skinny on their opponents practices...
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    They kerp winning b/c they find new and creative esys to cheat? Next thing you know theyll have MIT kids hacking in to spy SATs to get the skinny on their opponents practices...
    Bellyache leaves no stone unturned when it comes to finding an edge for his team, the polar opposite of Marvin, as evidenced once again by his applorable usage of the timeouts the NFL gives him to end the first half of the Giants game. Not that we neede an opportunity to get 3 more points or anything.

Fat Marv just keeps cashin' the checks. What a gravy job he has with the Stooge that is Mike Brown. Brown is Marvin's beotch.

Goodbye Marvin, Peko, M Johnson, Zampese, Alexander, Haslett, Hayes, Lazor, Urban, Caskey, Winston, Maualuga, Nugent, Jones and Dansby.
    Getting rid of all those players and coaches we should still be able to compete next year as we take one year to rebuild.
    Each one of these players and coaches are worst than last year. Our LB'ers, running backs, Wide Receivers and Oline. To point out the main problems.

We need a reset badly. I will forgive all if we beat up on New England. But we know that won't happen. Rebounding shows the team is pissed and has the character to win this season. A close game win against New England means nothing. But a butt whipping gives me a new outlook that we have a championship team that just had a bad game.
    Almost 2 months since I posted this and you can see we have gone down hill since then. With Green gone and Bernard gone we will continue to go down Hill. This is the perfect time to blow it up. A new coach next year gets a brand new team with the talent already here. He gets to look at the talent with open eyes instead of blinded by what they did before.
    Can you see our DB's for next year. Jackson, Dennard, Iloka and Smith. With Kirkpatrick as nickel. LB's Burfict, Vigil, Rey and maybe a first round linebacker drafted. DL, Dunlap, Atkins, Billings and Thompson. and then we move to offense. Dalton, Hill, Eifert and Green are your for sure starters. Fisher takes over for Whitworth who moves to guard to help team, not because he isn't good enough at tackle but because it allows Boling to move to center as Zeitler stays put with Ogbuehi with a year under his belt with more help from Zeitleer who doesn't have to cover for Bodine. Receiver Wright, Boyd and Erickson. Bernard comes back with Peerman. And then we have next years draft to fill any voids.

GOOD BYE Marvin

Almost 2 months since I posted this and you can see we have gone down hill since then. With Green gone and Bernard gone we will continue to go down Hill. This is the perfect time to blow it up. A new coach next year gets a brand new team with the talent already here. He gets to look at the talent with open eyes instead of blinded by what they did before.
    Can you see our DB's for next year. Jackson, Dennard, Iloka and Smith. With Kirkpatrick as nickel. LB's Burfict, Vigil, Rey and maybe a first round linebacker drafted. DL, Dunlap, Atkins, Billings and Thompson. and then we move to offense. Dalton, Hill, Eifert and Green are your for sure starters. Fisher takes over for Whitworth who moves to guard to help team, not because he isn't good enough at tackle but because it allows Boling to move to center as Zeitler stays put with Ogbuehi with a year under his belt with more help from Zeitleer who doesn't have to cover for Bodine. Receiver Wright, Boyd and Erickson. Bernard comes back with Peerman. And then we have next years draft to fill any voids.

GOOD BYE Marvin
    I hope your are Mike Brown in real life..good plan

GOOD BYE Marvin
    I would just like to add that Rex Burkman has done nothing to lose his job. He has always been a solid #3 RB with good pass blocking skills and has gained more and more experience to place his value over almost any rookie RB not in the top 3 rounds. RB is not a need position next year unless you plan on replacing Hill.
    Only users lose drugs

I'd be fine if Kyle Shanahan took over as HC.

Amazing if some people actually believe MFB will replace Marvin after this year.

Simply astounding.
    The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of PB View Post
    Amazing if some people actually believe MFB will replace Marvin after this year.

Simply astounding.

Hope is eternal. It has sustained Bengaldom for 26 years. (or 48 years)

But Marvin must punch the clock at Mike Brown's farm, if he wants the final 5 million, or whatever.