Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marvin Lewis, the Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Here's an example of what an idiot Marvin is. It's not rocket science.

Right now, Buffalo is giving up the highest percentage of completions that go for 10 yards or more at 55%. Since the longer the pass attempt, the less likely it is that it gets completed, that means that teams are probably attempting 67% of their throws 7+ or more yards past the line of scrimmage in order to get to that 55% completion rate on completions that earn 10+ or more yards. A fair estimate of 3-yds of YAC per completion gets the 7 to the 10. Dalton takes a 3-step drop that puts him about 6 yards behind the LOS, so he needs to be throwing the ball a minimum of 13 yds in the air two out of three times to find success against the Bills. Buffalo is last in the league giving up the most yards per completion in the league at almost nine per completion.

If the Bengals attack the middle level of the Buffalo Defense, they'll put up a minimum of 30 points against them. As bad as the Bengals' Defense has been, they may need 40 points. Thankfully, Buffalo averages only 2.2 TD's on the road this year versus their 4.0 they get at home.

But, when is the last time the Bengals have attacked the middle level of any team's defense on even 25% of their throws, even when they've been behind by two scores? Not once this season, that's for sure. Marvin is so anal, afraid and stupid that he is unable to take advantage of his own assets, and unable to comprehend Rule #1 of any contest between two combatants who are both trying to win...exploit their weakness. "We do what we do" is a strategy of fools.

Buffalo has given up 28, 41 and 31 points their last three games. They have only picked off a pass in 2 of 9 games this season and none in their last four. They haven't recovered a fumble in their last three games. This is not a Defense that can take advantage of a team that makes 2/3rd's of it's pass attempts into the 2nd or 3rd level of the Defense. They want their opponent to run the ball or throw underneath routes. What have the Bengals done every game this season? Try to run the ball and throw underneath routes, even when they played against poor Secondaries like the Steelers.

This game is set up for the Bills to win it easily only because Marvin is so stupid. If he had half a brain, he'd exploit the Bills' weakness as other teams have demonstrated so often this season, and put the Bills away early with three first half touchdowns, and making things easier on our Defense (and our Offense).

Green is in the Top-5 in the NFL as a Receiver working the 2nd Tier. Eifert is a Top-10. I guarantee you that if Turner was the O.C.and didn't have Marvin dictate how to run the Offense, Gio would be a 100-catch Receiver and they would be actual routes that he caught his passes on instead of the wasted dumps he's had since he's been a Bengal. Boyd is as sure of a Receiver as anyone on the team, and if he runs a route of 10 yards, Dalton can hit him.

Marvin is as predictable as they come. He won't make a gameplan based on the other team's weakness, and as such, will once again be unprepared. Bad preparing is still being unprepared.

Marvin giftwraps another win for an opponent where he had the better players. Bills win 27-19.
    Marvin will line up four D-lineman and rush four on D, blitzing maybe once a quarter and he'll try establishing the run mixed in with short passes. That's his preparation from week to week. He'd rather attempt to instill his will on the game instead of finding a weakness to exploit to win the ####ing thing.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Marvin will line up four D-lineman and rush four on D, blitzing maybe once a quarter and he'll try establishing the run mixed in with short passes. That's his preparation from week to week. He'd rather attempt to instill his will on the game instead of finding a weakness to exploit to win the ####ing thing.
    Yep.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

More times than I can count, when playing against the Evil Empire, and EVERYONE knew that their Secondary was not only suspect, but downright porous, the Idiot would do nothing but try to run on them! This guy stopped learning what it is to be a H.C. after about his 4th year. That's when he finally learned how to tell time. Since then, same old, same old.

I feel a contract extension in our future. Mikey is back to his "rockin' chair" of eight and eight, and he's got the minority hire thing covered to boot, which keeps the league off his ass. Yep, we believe in Marvin, as I heard this past weekend, "he's one of the true defensive geniuses in the NFL" What a crock.

He'd rather attempt to instill his will on the game

This statement when referring to ML just sounds so comical.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

I did use the word attempt

0-10 Cleveland
    1-8 San Francisco
    2-7 Jacksonville
    2-7 Chicago
    3-7 NYJ
    3-5-1 Cincinnati

Currently sitting in the 6th slot in the NFL Draft
    Seven teams in front of Cincinnati for the last wild card spot
    Only users lose drugs

From NFL.com

Most disappointing division in football
    The four AFC North teams have combined to go 7-19-1 against teams outside of the division, and you can't blame that all on the Browns. The Bengals' line play on both sides of the ball suddenly went soft. The Ravens' offense is just as bad with Joe Flacco this season as it was last season without him. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is now five seasons removed from his last above-average defense.

Combine Pittsburgh's offense with Baltimore's defense like some modern-era Steagles team and you'd have a Super Bowl contender. Since that's not happening, this division is searching for a complete squad.

Despite their 4-5 record, the Steelers have the best chance, because of their offensive firepower. Baltimore's schedule is brutal the rest of the way, while Pittsburgh has finished the toughest part of its slate. The Bengals need a victory Sunday against the Bills just to stay relevant. That is also fair to say about Rex Ryan's squad, as Buffalo tries to hang around.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I did use the word attempt

0-10 Cleveland
    1-8 San Francisco
    2-7 Jacksonville
    2-7 Chicago
    3-7 NYJ
    3-5-1 Cincinnati

Currently sitting in the 6th slot in the NFL Draft
    Seven teams in front of Cincinnati for the last wild card spot
    Yet they still have a good chance to win the division. I would rather have the Squealers schedule, but, we can still win it - probably have to sweep at least the AFC North. Baltimore schedule is a killer the rest of the way.

You're all winners!
    From Seinfeld after George realized he is King of the Idiots
    Last edited by SladeX; 11-21-2016 at 03:45 AM.
    Dona eis Requiem

@Spam.

It can stay though. Entertaining.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Yet they still have a good chance to win the division. I would rather have the Squealers schedule, but, we can still win it - probably have to sweep at least the AFC North. Baltimore schedule is a killer the rest of the way.

Yep, the ole "we're not mathematically eliminated yet" optimism.

Glad for you. Remain hopeful. All is not lost, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Yep, the ole "we're not mathematically eliminated yet" optimism.

Glad for you. Remain hopeful. All is not lost, etc.
    Yep, it is a game.

I always played to win, not make excuses.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    @Spam.

It can stay though. Entertaining.
    It is the TRUTH! That is exactly what MFB will use for this imbecile and the SHEEP will continue to lop themselves on down to PBS and buy up them der tickets. He was not going to win them healthy anyways. MFB got rid of some of our best players and the old cry was, well, we SIGN OUR OWN. Now that is a LOL if one ever needed to be put on here.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

You are in dream land. They will lose to the CLOWNS as that will be their first win. Get Ready!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    You are in dream land. They will lose to the CLOWNS as that will be their first win. Get Ready!
    would you like to back that up with a wager?

Nugent has missed 3 extra points and FG in the last 3 games.

Marvin Lewis says that, in his mind, he thinks it is better to keep the 7 year Bengal and try to help him work it out, than to bring in somebody else.

LOL, I must be a mind reader. I knew he would say that.

Nugent has missed 3 extra points and FG in the last 3 games.

Marvin Lewis says that, in his mind, he thinks it is better to keep the 7 year Bengal and try to help him work it out, than to bring in somebody else.

LOL, I must be a mind reader. I knew he would say that.
    i must be a better mind reader, i knew he would say that and knew you would say you knew he would say that..

This why I love coaches like Zimmer and Arians (and note the comments at the end about rookies):

For the third time in four years, the Arizona Cardinals are getting precious little return on their first-round draft investment.

Defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche, the team's top draft pick in 2016, has been a healthy scratch the past two games after playing just 51 snaps in the first nine weeks of the season.

"Talent, not an issue," coach Bruce Arians explained Wednesday, via the team's official website. "Maturity is. It's just maturing."

Arians lost No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper to a fractured fibula in 2013 and essentially red-shirted No. 24 overall pick D.J. Humphries last season.

Asked if Nkemdiche's situation is similar to that of Humphries a year ago, Arians used the opportunity to send a not-so-veiled message.

"D.J. worked harder," Arians said, abruptly.

That might not seem like an emphatic statement, but consider the nickname Arians hung on Humphries last year: "Knee Deep."

That's how far coaches had to go into Humphries' anatomy to motivate him.

Leading up to the 2016 NFL Draft, Nkemdiche's talent, size and intelligence were unquestioned. He was red-flagged by many teams, though, due to concerns about maturity, instincts and motor.

"Nkemdiche is the biggest boom-or-bust prospect in the draft," NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks opined in late March. "If you can figure out what he is and what motivates him, you could uncover a star."

The Cardinals have found unimagined success with 2015 All Pro Tyrann Mathieu, a prospect who was similarly red-flagged entering the 2013 draft. Whereas Mathieu quickly emerged as one of the most self-motivated players in the league, Nkemdiche has yet to reach his own gridiron epiphany.

Arians is fond of saying rookies should be ready to take on substantial roles by Thanksgiving
    . Wednesday's comments are a tacit acknowledgment that Nkemdiche is far behind the typical first-year learning curve.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    This why I love coaches like Zimmer and Arians (and note the comments at the end about rookies):

For the third time in four years, the Arizona Cardinals are getting precious little return on their first-round draft investment.

Defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche, the team's top draft pick in 2016, has been a healthy scratch the past two games after playing just 51 snaps in the first nine weeks of the season.

"Talent, not an issue," coach Bruce Arians explained Wednesday, via the team's official website. "Maturity is. It's just maturing."

Arians lost No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper to a fractured fibula in 2013 and essentially red-shirted No. 24 overall pick D.J. Humphries last season.

Asked if Nkemdiche's situation is similar to that of Humphries a year ago, Arians used the opportunity to send a not-so-veiled message.

"D.J. worked harder," Arians said, abruptly.

That might not seem like an emphatic statement, but consider the nickname Arians hung on Humphries last year: "Knee Deep."

That's how far coaches had to go into Humphries' anatomy to motivate him.

Leading up to the 2016 NFL Draft, Nkemdiche's talent, size and intelligence were unquestioned. He was red-flagged by many teams, though, due to concerns about maturity, instincts and motor.

"Nkemdiche is the biggest boom-or-bust prospect in the draft," NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks opined in late March. "If you can figure out what he is and what motivates him, you could uncover a star."

The Cardinals have found unimagined success with 2015 All Pro Tyrann Mathieu, a prospect who was similarly red-flagged entering the 2013 draft. Whereas Mathieu quickly emerged as one of the most self-motivated players in the league, Nkemdiche has yet to reach his own gridiron epiphany.

Arians is fond of saying rookies should be ready to take on substantial roles by Thanksgiving
    . Wednesday's comments are a tacit acknowledgment that Nkemdiche is far behind the typical first-year learning curve.
    Saw and thought the same thing.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

would you like to back that up with a wager?
    I think you want to save your money. They will be going all out to beat us now and we will not even care.

Surprised nobody brought up Marvin's major gaffe of calling a TO after a very generous 3rd Down spot which allowed Balt to challenge and get the spot changed. Even the announcers wondered what the hell Lewis was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Surprised nobody brought up Marvin's major gaffe of calling a TO after a very generous 3rd Down spot which allowed Balt to challenge and get the spot changed. Even the announcers wondered what the hell Lewis was thinking.

I thought that was the most idiotic T.O. ever called by Mediocre Marv (if indeed he called it and not Doltan.)

Everyone who watched the game knew it was at least a half yard short. I was hoping for a hurry-up play.

Calling a T.O. on 1st and 10 ? lololol

With the T.O., everyone but the Bengal brain trust knew it would be challenged.

I thought that was the most idiotic T.O. ever called by Mediocre Marv (if indeed he called it and not Doltan.)

Everyone who watched the game knew it was at least a half yard short. I was hoping for a hurry-up play.

Calling a T.O. on 1st and 10 ? lololol

With the T.O., everyone but the Bengal brain trust knew it would be challenged.
    Because we are all numb to it ,, you know its like this with the Bengals for me .......
    we all have that one family member that tries to pay attention to every possible detail yet runs into everything , trips over their own feet, and so you think they might not be the brightest....
    but you still love them

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    I think Dalton called that. He looked confused after the 1st down.

Nevertheless, what a moron.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer