Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marvin Lewis, the Idiot

Marvin Lewis, the Idiot

So Guenther comes out last week and says that he is going to make changes so that he can get the best players on the field in order to get the best results, that the old guard players that aren't playing well will no longer play just because they have seniority. So what happens? Marvin "The Idiot" Lewis comes out and Trumps Guenther by saying he won't allow changes for the sake of making changes, and that good players just need to play well.

YUQE%TYERADTGHGHAERGRGSERGHERY N$^YN $^&YUQ$^$%Q&Y$^R&Y$!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F ucking fire the stupid, motherf ucking idiot!!! Marvin Lewis has got to be the dumbest coach in the history of coaches. I'm so tired of hearing stupid motherf ucking comments like this. When I read the story it made me so mad I want to drive to Cincinnati and punch him in his smug stupid face!

This team will never get over the hump with him in charge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anges/related/

Last edited by Lewdog; 11-10-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Even I can see there has to be changes made.

This team has no emotion what-so-ever.

Prime candidate for the post of the year.

I read that this morning also and thought the samething. Does he not see what everyone else sees? Vets are not doing their job. They are slow, Dansby, can't make a simple tackle, the entire defense. I get that we have to make a playoff run now but c'mon man. They are the reason we are not winning. Get these young hungry guys infused into the D and get the job done! I believe a few vets have just settled in for the paycheck and no fear of losing their spots......

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    I read that this morning also and thought the something. Does he not see what everyone else sees? Vets are not doing their job. They are slow, Dansby, can't make a simple tackle, the entire defense. I get that we have to make a playoff run now but c'mon man. They are the reason we are not winning. Get these young hungry guys infused into the D and get the job done! I believe a few vets have just settled in for the paycheck and no fear of losing their spots......
    Marvin has always preferred older players even when younger ones are better. He thinks they have to practice for 3 years to earn a spot. He would rather have an older sucking player on the field then a younger guy who will make mistakes. Shows how conservative he is in these matters. Dansby and Rey M are useless and if you throw Peko in that mix that is a lot of troubles up the middle of the D near the line of scrimmage. Get Vigil on the field NOW, he cant be worse than the likes of Rey M and he has much more upside. plus, you also get to really see what you have - will he cut it or not? Why wait 4 years to find that out?

We can't get over the hump because Mikey and Marvin ARE THE HUMP.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

At least Gilberry is back
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Marvin has always preferred older players even when younger ones are better. He thinks they have to practice for 3 years to earn a spot. He would rather have an older sucking player on the field then a younger guy who will make mistakes. Shows how conservative he is in these matters. Dansby and Rey M are useless and if you throw Peko in that mix that is a lot of troubles up the middle of the D near the line of scrimmage. Get Vigil on the field NOW, he cant be worse than the likes of Rey M and he has much more upside. plus, you also get to really see what you have - will he cut it or not? Why wait 4 years to find that out?

We can't get over the hump because Mikey and Marvin ARE THE HUMP.
    See Carlos Dunlap. Obviously Dunlap was the better player at the time, but Marvin would not let him play...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    See Carlos Dunlap. Obviously Dunlap was the better player at the time, but Marvin would not let him play...
    Indeed, he kept saying that he needed to practice harder, etc. But sometimes players need game time to realize the work they need to put in. And sometimes certain players simply perform better in games than practice (and the opposite is true as well).

I wonder which players are on Guenthers naughty list right now - we can guess - but would be nice to know for this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    At least Gilberry is back

Hooray !!!!!

Fatboy Peko is saying "We got the band back together" lol

Old Bengals can always come home.....for reduced pay.

That is how they reload. lol

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...8-13e62326794e

This article notes Dennard and Vigil as guys Guenther wants to get in the game. Also mentioned how Rey M sucked last game and not due to any injury. Also notes Gilberry brought in as MJ, Hunt and Clarke not playing up to expectations.

Lewis is truly an idiot for letting his coaches make some changes.

Lol @ this thread.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Lol @ this thread.
    Really? Why have you turned into nothing but a troll? Why would SuperCat continue to have you as a moderator here? Anyone starts a discussion and instead of just ignoring it, you continue to post, "Lol @ this thread."

Sorry, but I have lost respect for you.

Really? Why have you turned into nothing but a troll? Why would SuperCat continue to have you as a moderator here? Anyone starts a discussion and instead of just ignoring it, you continue to post, "Lol @ this thread."

Sorry, but I have lost respect for you.
    Lewdog has a very great point here. If you can't contribute to a thread, why troll it?
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Lew:When did you have respect for anyone...but besides that, who stood up for you (and still does) at go-bengals?

And I do lol @ goofy, ranting, threads...which themes are based in nonsense. These are also the ones which draw the historic bellyaching, unfunny (lol), harpies I have dealt with for decades. Tiresome would be too positive a description. But, it's OK, bellyachers gonna bellyache. I just lol.

Post what you like, Lew...that is why you are here and not at go-bengals. I promise not to publicly laugh anymore. An occasional gif maybe, but no lol. Copy?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Lewdog has a very great point here. If you can't contribute to a thread, why troll it?
    Read the other usual bellyache posts, and then tell me why it shouldn't be trolled.

Contribute? When the only response contains simply "BUTZ TEH PLAYOFFZZ WINZ!1!" what in the hell can one "contribute?"

Lew:When did you have respect for anyone...but besides that, who stood up for you (and still does) at go-bengals?

And I do lol @ goofy, ranting, threads...which themes are based in nonsense. These are also the ones which draw the historic bellyaching, unfunny (lol), harpies I have dealt with for decades. Tiresome would be too positive a description. But, it's OK, bellyachers gonna bellyache. I just lol.

Post what you like, Lew...that is why you are here and not at go-bengals. I promise not to publicly laugh anymore. An occasional gif maybe, but no lol. Copy?
    Why am I not at Go-Bengals anymore? Because I was never part of the clique there for one. The second part had to do with the fact that idiot there disrespected people who have lost their lives in the military and that's something I will never just let slide.

Have you defended me there? Maybe you did behind the scenes... still today? I haven't been there in years and they still talk about me now? Maybe it sounds like they have more issues than they thought I had. lol

If this thread is based on non-sense, tell us why. What's the point of promoting a guy to be your DC if you are going to cut him off at the knees and not allow him to run his defense and try to improve it?

Funny that all of a sudden Maualuga has been scratched for the Monday night game with comflicting reports about an injury/non-injury issue. Sounds to me like he was demoted and he didn't like it.
    Last edited by Lewdog; 11-11-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...8-13e62326794e

This article notes Dennard and Vigil as guys Guenther wants to get in the game. Also mentioned how Rey M sucked last game and not due to any injury. Also notes Gilberry brought in as MJ, Hunt and Clarke not playing up to expectations.

Lewis is truly an idiot for letting his coaches make some changes.
    Rey has a injury to the fibia reported on radio tonight. How serious no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Rey has a injury to the fibia reported on radio tonight. How serious no one knows.
    He was reported as out for the game by the enquirer, and their reporter, based on the "smirk" he got from Dennard when Dennard gave a pat answer to why a 1st Rdr never gets any snaps (and on a Defense with at least one side of which is continually horrible at coverage) that Dennard is going to get a huge uptick in snaps on Monday.

If anyone wants to see how the CB position is supposed to be played, and a reminder of how the SS position is supposed to be played, watch the Giants' Corners. They are ranked #'s 2 & 3 in the NFL (Fitzpatrick is annually ranked about 62nd) by PFF, while Landon Collins, my choice and available when we took Ogbutthole, is the NFL's best SS. This will be the best Defense we've faced since the Broncos.

I don't know if I said it here, but I said it in the Summer that one of the important keys to this season would be the advancement of either Shaw or Dennard that forces Fitzpatrick to the bench. Others were the advancement of Wright pushing LaFell to the bench, more snaps for Sims and Rookie DT that pushes Peko to the bench, and our advancements of Linebackers that push Maualuga to the bench. But, pushing Veterans to the bench is as difficult to do as pushing Marvin off the Bengals' Football Club. The inbred diseases that permeate the atmosphere of Bengals' management continues to reek it's foul aroma throughout the farthest reaches of the franchise.
    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 11-11-2016 at 02:01 AM.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Read the other usual bellyache posts, and then tell me why it shouldn't be trolled.

Contribute? When the only response contains simply "BUTZ TEH PLAYOFFZZ WINZ!1!" what in the hell can one "contribute?"
    But many of the people agreeing with the premise of this thread aren't traditional fed ups. Your bellyaching about bellyachers would be better received if this team was anywhere close to being on the right track. It isn't and its readily apparent...
    Dona eis Requiem

Oh and st least the gifs had entertainment value. Lol ing every other thread is tedious at best.
    Dona eis Requiem

I would not normally attempt to get in between two feuding factors, but I just need to explain why I rah-rahed Lew's post here.

I truly believe that members of the Bengals team and organization visit this particular website. Do they just want a laugh or two? Do they want to know what their fans are currently thinking? Hell, I don't know.

Want some proof? Several years ago, it was this site that illustrated Marvin's propensity for "clapping" after every bonehead thing his team did. It has become his handle here. But, have you noticed that Mah-velous has discontinued this particular trait? He now stands with his arms crossed, with his hands flat on his sides, as if he is desperately trying to stop his clapping habits. This isn't the only time that something posted and discussed here has made it's way into Bengaldom.

There are many knowledgeable, and insightful posters on this board. They're here because they CARE. They're entitled to vent if they feel the need. They spend their time and money on this organization. That, my friends, is an investment, and people get very passionate about their investments. Let's not cannibalize each other over the depths or manner of our passion. Cool?

OK, Lew: want some "contribution"?

If Paulie is being "cut off at the knees", as you insist...why is Gilberry here? Why are they probably going to activate WJIII very soon? Are these not a few of the "changes" Paulie is contemplating?

And if you truly understand the recent years (yes, even under the God-man) modus of this defense, then you also understand that it is a rotation-based defense. There are no technical "starters"--every position rotates. So, if Peko plays, it is situational...if Dansby plays, ditto. BFD if now it is Vigil being inserted into the rotation--do you honestly believe ML give a rat's ass how the rotation is comprised--so long as it works?

I keep bringing up--much to the ignorance of the Bellyache Gang--that this is essentially the same group of defensive players and coaches that were a point or two off from being the hardest team in the NFL to score against...just 11 months ago. Is there anything "insane" about using the same players who happened to be a part of that group? Think a respected (among those who really know the game, and not internet experts) long-standing NFL head coach--one who has his own SB ring in commanding a defense--doesn't know the difference between situational rotating of players and "wholesale changes"?

Whatever, I suppose. This is like pissing in the wind with some people here.

If Paulie is being "cut off at the knees", as you insist...why is Gilberry here? Why are they probably going to activate WJIII very soon? Are these not a few of the "changes" Paulie is contemplating?

And if you truly understand the recent years (yes, even under the God-man) modus of this defense, then you also understand that it is a rotation-based defense. There are no technical "starters"--every position rotates. So, if Peko plays, it is situational...if Dansby plays, ditto. BFD if now it is Vigil being inserted into the rotation--do you honestly believe ML give a rat's ass how the rotation is comprised--so long as it works?

I keep bringing up--much to the ignorance of the Bellyache Gang--that this is essentially the same group of defensive players and coaches that were a point or two off from being the hardest team in the NFL to score against...just 11 months ago. Is there anything "insane" about using the same players who happened to be a part of that group? Think a respected (among those who really know the game, and not internet experts) long-standing NFL head coach--one who has his own SB ring in commanding a defense--doesn't know the difference between situational rotating of players and "wholesale changes"?

Bringing back Gilberry is a sign of change? I like Gilberry but he is old, and the other 31 teams in the NFL didn't want him. WJIII? That's not change, he was already drafted, and just because he comes back doesn't mean he'll be active on gameday or play that much. So who do they cut to bring back WJIII? Driskel? Russell? DeShawn Williams?

You bring up the point this is the same group that did so well last year... and you're right as far as it is the same names, but these are not the same players. Age has caught up to some of these guys, they aren't spring chickens. Maualuga is NOT as good as he was last year. This isn't about rotation, that's already been happening, except at the beginning of the year before Burfict came back and Dansby was playing almost every snap. Shawn Williams is not playing as good as Reggie Nelson played last year, hell the team leader in interceptions is a tie, at ONE. ONE interception leads the team after 8 weeks. Not to mention this team isn't playing disciplined, or with any heart. Hell, even Jeremy Hill came out and said they need to get their heads out of their asses.

Lewis did cut Guenther off at the knees, and not only that he committed the cardinal sin of making him look like an idiot in the media. If Guenther has any balls he would leave the Bengals as soon as he contract is up. It's just like when I worked in the prison, even if another officer says something wrong in front of an inmate, you don't correct the officer in front of the inmate and undermine his authority. You do that in private. What makes this situation even worse, is Guenther isn't wrong to want to make changes.

Salient points...added conjecture notwithstanding.

11 months does not suddenly make someone "old"...not even in dog years. And for all of the Reggie worship, and all of those INT's, how many people--you too IIRC--were screaming "get young" in the backfield? I never thought Shawn Williams was worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street...but evidently those other departed God-men coaches thought quite a bit of him...so what the hell do I know?

And why do media optics make such a huge difference to you? Key word: optics. If this past week hasn't proven that media optics are predictably false, why in the world would they be any more based in reality in this case?

Salient points...added conjecture notwithstanding.

11 months does not suddenly make someone "old"...not even in dog years. And for all of the Reggie worship, and all of those INT's, how many people--you too IIRC--were screaming "get young" in the backfield? I never thought Shawn Williams was worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street...but evidently those other departed God-men coaches thought quite a bit of him...so what the hell do I know?

And why do media optics make such a huge difference to you? Key word: optics. If this past week hasn't proven that media optics are predictably false, why in the world would they be any more based in reality in this case?
    I've never, I mean never had any confidence in Shawn Williams. Even when he played mostly special teams, he was destined to get a dumb penalty every few games, and his celebration of common tackles drives me nuts. I'd be starting Derron Smith. If you go back to when Smith was drafted, I actually mocked him to the Bengals.

11 months doesn't make a difference? It happens all the time, players don't always gradually drop off in play, sometimes they hit a cliff. That's happened with Peko, it's happening with Adam Jones, it's happening with Maualuga... MJ? I'm not sure what his deal is, but he has not played the same since he left for Tampa.

Bringing back Gilberry is a sign of change? I like Gilberry but he is old, and the other 31 teams in the NFL didn't want him. WJIII? That's not change, he was already drafted, and just because he comes back doesn't mean he'll be active on gameday or play that much. So who do they cut to bring back WJIII? Driskel? Russell? DeShawn Williams?
    If WJIII is brought back from IR, he will play. I guarantee you that. He likely won't start initially, but he will see playing time and it will increase as the season goes on if he plays well (which I think he will).

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    If WJIII is brought back from IR, he will play. I guarantee you that. He likely won't start initially, but he will see playing time and it will increase as the season goes on if he plays well (which I think he will).
    Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

He has zero NFL reps and very limited practice.

I understand we need an upgrade on D but ...

i think they should have puped Effert then they could have kept peerman on roster and now activate wj3 if he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    i think they should have puped Effert then they could have kept peerman on roster and now activate wj3 if he can play.
    Instead they are going to bring Brandon Thompson off PuP. You don't like the idea of less Peko?

Yep, the same group of players who could tackle under the "God-man's" leadership, but can't tackle anyone now. I remind you that they were 8-0 in the first 8 games, post-God-man.

7-9-1 since. The culture that was brought and instilled by Zimmer- has gradually reverted back to your well-respected "Clapping Clown"

But what do we know. You are soooo much more intelligent than anyone else.

Or, has the NFCN been so worried about beating each other up that the rest of the league has changed and passed them by?

Or has parity arrived.

The NFCE which was a laughing stock a year ago is now a league to taken seriously.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    As I stated, PIPE DREAM!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

So Guenther comes out last week and says that he is going to make changes so that he can get the best players on the field in order to get the best results, that the old guard players that aren't playing well will no longer play just because they have seniority. So what happens? Marvin "The Idiot" Lewis comes out and Trumps Guenther by saying he won't allow changes for the sake of making changes, and that good players just need to play well.

YUQE%TYERADTGHGHAERGRGSERGHERY N$^YN $^&YUQ$^$%Q&Y$^R&Y$!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F ucking fire the stupid, motherf ucking idiot!!! Marvin Lewis has got to be the dumbest coach in the history of coaches. I'm so tired of hearing stupid motherf ucking comments like this. When I read the story it made me so mad I want to drive to Cincinnati and punch him in his smug stupid face!

This team will never get over the hump with him in charge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anges/related/

When I saw them arguing on the sidelines, I knew there would be problems. When you bring outside coaches, Mediocre Marv does not say a word due to MFB put out the CASH, but when you hire within and give them CHUMP CHANGE, well, Mediocre Marv can yell and say whatever he wants because he is the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS! He is a LOSER and will always be one!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by limabengal View Post
    yep, the same group of players who could tackle under the "god-man's" leadership, but can't tackle anyone now. I remind you that they were 8-0 in the first 8 games, post-god-man.

7-9-1 since. The culture that was brought and instilled by zimmer- has gradually reverted back to your well-respected "clapping clown"

but what do we know. You are soooo much more intelligent than anyone else.
    boom!

Lol.

Instead they are going to bring Brandon Thompson off PuP. You don't like the idea of less Peko?
    i think all players eligible for pup at the beginning of the season can come back after 8 weeks ( with weeks of off the roster practice then if not on roster they have to go to IR?)
    so if they puped eifert and thompson both could have come back, i was talking about the 1 player call back after being IRed. and yes i think alittle less of peko would be nice , also less malauga

Someone hacked Wikipedia and rightfully so....

Marvin Ronald Lewis (born September 23, 1958) is an American football coach who is the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). Lewis has held the position since January 14, 2003, which leads fans to believe that he must have something hanging over the head of owners. He is the worst coach in the NFL and is currently the second-longest tenured head coach in the NFL behind Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots. He is also the longest tenured coach in Bengals history, which also leads fans to believe that he is blackmailing the franchise in some manner. Previously, he was the defensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens from 1996 to 2001, whose record-setting defense in 2000 helped them win Super Bowl XXXV 34-7 over the New York Giants.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Someone hacked Wikipedia and rightfully so....

Marvin Ronald Lewis (born September 23, 1958) is an American football coach who is the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). Lewis has held the position since January 14, 2003, which leads fans to believe that he must have something hanging over the head of owners. He is the worst AND WIMPIEST coach in the NFL and is currently the second-longest tenured head coach in the NFL behind Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots. He is also the longest tenured coach in Bengals history, which also leads fans to believe that he is blackmailing the franchise in some manner. Previously, he was the defensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens from 1996 to 2001, whose record-setting defense in 2000 helped them win Super Bowl XXXV 34-7 over the New York Giants.
    Fixed it.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Here's an example of what an idiot Marvin is. It's not rocket science.

Right now, Buffalo is giving up the highest percentage of completions that go for 10 yards or more at 55%. Since the longer the pass attempt, the less likely it is that it gets completed, that means that teams are probably attempting 67% of their throws 7+ or more yards past the line of scrimmage in order to get to that 55% completion rate on completions that earn 10+ or more yards. A fair estimate of 3-yds of YAC per completion gets the 7 to the 10. Dalton takes a 3-step drop that puts him about 6 yards behind the LOS, so he needs to be throwing the ball a minimum of 13 yds in the air two out of three times to find success against the Bills. Buffalo is last in the league giving up the most yards per completion in the league at almost nine per completion.

If the Bengals attack the middle level of the Buffalo Defense, they'll put up a minimum of 30 points against them. As bad as the Bengals' Defense has been, they may need 40 points. Thankfully, Buffalo averages only 2.2 TD's on the road this year versus their 4.0 they get at home.

But, when is the last time the Bengals have attacked the middle level of any team's defense on even 25% of their throws, even when they've been behind by two scores? Not once this season, that's for sure. Marvin is so anal, afraid and stupid that he is unable to take advantage of his own assets, and unable to comprehend Rule #1 of any contest between two combatants who are both trying to win...exploit their weakness. "We do what we do" is a strategy of fools.

Buffalo has given up 28, 41 and 31 points their last three games. They have only picked off a pass in 2 of 9 games this season and none in their last four. They haven't recovered a fumble in their last three games. This is not a Defense that can take advantage of a team that makes 2/3rd's of it's pass attempts into the 2nd or 3rd level of the Defense. They want their opponent to run the ball or throw underneath routes. What have the Bengals done every game this season? Try to run the ball and throw underneath routes, even when they played against poor Secondaries like the Steelers.

This game is set up for the Bills to win it easily only because Marvin is so stupid. If he had half a brain, he'd exploit the Bills' weakness as other teams have demonstrated so often this season, and put the Bills away early with three first half touchdowns, and making things easier on our Defense (and our Offense).

Green is in the Top-5 in the NFL as a Receiver working the 2nd Tier. Eifert is a Top-10. I guarantee you that if Turner was the O.C.and didn't have Marvin dictate how to run the Offense, Gio would be a 100-catch Receiver and they would be actual routes that he caught his passes on instead of the wasted dumps he's had since he's been a Bengal. Boyd is as sure of a Receiver as anyone on the team, and if he runs a route of 10 yards, Dalton can hit him.

Marvin is as predictable as they come. He won't make a gameplan based on the other team's weakness, and as such, will once again be unprepared. Bad preparing is still being unprepared.

Marvin giftwraps another win for an opponent where he had the better players. Bills win 27-19.